Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Douglas HS Girls Soccer humiliated again!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Douglas HS Girls Soccer humiliated again!

What is happening at Stoneman Douglas girls soccer? They were one of the best programs in the state for so many years and now they are terrible. They got bounced from Districts early again! What's happening there? I've heard the cosch is really out of touch and girls are actually looking to leave the school because the coaching is so bad. Is that true or just spoiled kids complaining? We are in Douglas's district and my daughter is in 8th grade so I am really concerned about the program. Should I be?

How are the academics there? Would be a better question.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Precisely. It's HS soccer so for take it for what it's worth. If she's looking to play past HS where she plays for club matters far more. And her grades matter even more than that. Finally, what also matters is what your D wants to do. Don't be one of those douchey parents that doesn't let their kid do something they want because the you don't think it's worthwhile. If your kid likes it, then wins and losses don't matter.

Comment

The thread is asking about the girls soccer program probably because this site is called Talking Soccer not Talking Academics. I think the girls team has gone down every year since Rountree came back and that's not bashing it's just the facts. Although she WWS a great coach twenty years ago times have definitely changed and yes she is definitely out of touch. The players have no respect for her and when that happens it's over. She is a lovely person but she can't coach anymore. The game's passed her by a long time ago. That program is going nowhere fast. They used to be a state powerhouse and now they really stink. It's really too bad because they always represented Broward county well and between them, Heritage, and St Thomas really put Broward soccer on the map. Now Douglas is a joke compared to those other programs.

Comment

The thread is asking about the girls soccer program probably because this site is called Talking Soccer not Talking Academics. I think the girls team has gone down every year since Rountree came back and that's not bashing it's just the facts. Although she WWS a great coach twenty years ago times have definitely changed and yes she is definitely out of touch. The players have no respect for her and when that happens it's over. She is a lovely person but she can't coach anymore. The game's passed her by a long time ago. That program is going nowhere fast. They used to be a state powerhouse and now they really stink. It's really too bad because they always represented Broward county well and between them, Heritage, and St Thomas really put Broward soccer on the map. Now Douglas is a joke compared to those other programs.
          So go to the AD and complain. Clearly you're very invested in this. Report back to us how that meeting went.

Comment

Douglas girls soccer is a joke now. Rountree is terrible. I don't know how she ever did well all I can think of is that the team was stacked with top club players because she is a terrible coach. The kids have no respect for her and nobody wants to win for her and that's a fact. If that AD doesn't make a change he will ruin Douglas soccer forever.

Comment

Douglas girls soccer is a joke now. Rountree is terrible. I don't know how she ever did well all I can think of is that the team was stacked with top club players because she is a terrible coach. The kids have no respect for her and nobody wants to win for her and that's a fact. If that AD doesn't make a change he will ruin Douglas soccer forever.
              and your point is???????????? it's girls HS soccer , it's all bad!

Comment

Hello...OP said high school soccer and if I am not mistaken, 'school' is in that phrase.
                He/She answered the question for themselves and so no one needs your heavy negative vibes to rant about...its called talking soccer...

Comment

Hello...OP said high school soccer and if I am not mistaken, 'school' is in that phrase.
                  He/She answered the question for themselves and so no one needs your heavy negative vibes to rant about...its called talking soccer...
                  I suspect the thread OP and poster #6 are the same - a parent with a grudge. OP needs to get a life and move on. It's HS soccer. Our sucks too - painful - but my kids love playing and we enjoying going and hanging with old friends from town. Club will be back soon so you he can stop bit*hing. There's always GDA next year ;)

Comment

Working...
                  X