NO Oregon girls on Region IV ODP teams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would anyone have a link to the boys pools? I know that boys parents don't post here, and clearly aren't as obsessed with their players like girls parents are, which would explain why none of us boys parents know where the lists are, or even that they had posted. I don't expect my son to be on it, that's not why I want to see it, but to see if any of his teammates are in the pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Would anyone have a link to the boys pools? I know that boys parents don't post here, and clearly aren't as obsessed with their players like girls parents are, which would explain why none of us boys parents know where the lists are, or even that they had posted. I don't expect my son to be on it, that's not why I want to see it, but to see if any of his teammates are in the pool.
      Oregon boys did make the teams. Beware of getting sucked into the insanity of Oregon girls soccer & TS. Keep boys & yourself out of the poisoned Kool Aid.

Comment

Weather isn't the issue. There are lots of elite players coming from states where there is snow on the ground 6 months of the year. Weak excuse.
        My excuse is that Portland is a participation award zone. Everybody gets a spot on the team, everybody gets a ribbon for playing.
        NON-COMPETITIVE model folks!

Comment

None. Zip. Zero. Zilch.

Hard to imagine, I know, given how absolutely dominating the Thorns Academy and Timbers Alliance teams have been lately...
          Not that hard to imagine, given the coaching and lack of talent. ODP is a dinosaur.

Comment

Oregon boys did make the teams. Beware of getting sucked into the insanity of Oregon girls soccer & TS. Keep boys & yourself out of the poisoned Kool Aid.
            Already experienced the girls side, mine is now in college. Now experiencing the tranquility and serenity of the boys side. So funny, you go to a girls practice and there are anywhere from 6-12 parents there. At a boys practice, maybe 2 or 3, and often times none. They drop them off, go somewhere else, and pick them up. Now ODP is a bit different, a number of parents sat through the tryouts, but that was due to location I think.

Can you share where the link is located? I get an F at Google today as I have not been able to find it. Not for lack of trying.

Comment

Not that hard to imagine, given the coaching and lack of talent. ODP is a dinosaur.
              I know. Two of the coaches coaches Ecnl Oregon teams and everyone could tell they have no idea what they were doing besides yelling.

Comment

I know. Two of the coaches coaches Ecnl Oregon teams and everyone could tell they have no idea what they were doing besides yelling.
                Not hard to imagine considering the ecnl Oregon teams aren't even the best in this state but they pay 10k a year and nobody takes them seriously.

Comment

Not hard to imagine considering the ecnl Oregon teams aren't even the best in this state but they pay 10k a year and nobody takes them seriously.
                  Yeah, not the best in the state. Just 10x better than all the other teams. Duh!

Comment

Yeah, not the best in the state. Just 10x better than all the other teams. Duh!
                    Oregon Ecnl idiot parent logic above....I'm sure your coach said that to you. Said it to me to try and get my kid but I'm not as gullible.

It's really funny you feel the need to lie. Really funny. Not only can Oregon Ecnl not do well in state but you claim they are 10x better.....

You keep it up. You reflect your scam.

Comment

Oregon Ecnl idiot parent logic above....I'm sure your coach said that to you. Said it to me to try and get my kid but I'm not as gullible.

It's really funny you feel the need to lie. Really funny. Not only can Oregon Ecnl not do well in state but you claim they are 10x better.....

You may think Oregon ECNL is the best in the state, but college coaches think the Oregon ECNL is better than your players

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/sear...ea=commitments

Comment

You may think Oregon ECNL is the best in the state, but college coaches think the Oregon ECNL is better than your players

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/sear...ea=commitments
                        What are you talking about? My players? My kid is playing D1 soccer currently and knows some of the players that make up that list. That team had good players from the start and they ended up under achieving. You think those parents on that team would have thought 2k a year to play at PSU is worth what they ended up doing? PSU has recruited locally every year because its not a very sought after school... You also don't realize thats a fraction of college placements and they come from everywhere. What you also don't realize is that Portland clubs had random good teams at certain years. It changed alot.The years prior it went back and forth from thusc, to eastside, to westside and those teams had college placement numbers. FC portland actually didn't have many great teams at all. Onyx was a good year for the club until they moved them to ECNL which ended up. They ended up paying more and achieving less. The younger teams are not even close to where Onyx was because they aren't getting better in that league. You are flying to play a team 5 hours away when the teams can't even be close to the best in their own state.

If you look at the younger oregon ecnl teams, they aren't very good. People are realizing it isn't worth it and they get sold on propaganda that doesn't have to do with them and they end up feeling cool by association.

Be smart. You are getting taken for a ride right now and I don't think you realize how dumb you sound.

Comment

By that logic, ALL girls playing even club soccer are being taken for a ride. Ecnl, Thorns Academy, travel club all have parents paying way too much for a delusion. No need to get upset at Ecnl in particular. All sides of the same coin.

Comment

How is it a scam? Name one Oregon non-ECNL team that has ever beaten an Oregon ECNL team? Name one Oregon non-ECNL club that puts more girls in college soccer EVERY year than the two Oregon ECNL clubs? Name one Oregon non-ECNL club that provides more training and a higher level of competition for their players than the Oregon ECNL clubs do.

Crickets...

Still waiting...

Comment

What are you talking about? My players? My kid is playing D1 soccer currently and knows some of the players that make up that list. That team had good players from the start and they ended up under achieving. You think those parents on that team would have thought 2k a year to play at PSU is worth what they ended up doing? PSU has recruited locally every year because its not a very sought after school... You also don't realize thats a fraction of college placements and they come from everywhere. What you also don't realize is that Portland clubs had random good teams at certain years. It changed alot.The years prior it went back and forth from thusc, to eastside, to westside and those teams had college placement numbers. FC portland actually didn't have many great teams at all. Onyx was a good year for the club until they moved them to ECNL which ended up. They ended up paying more and achieving less. The younger teams are not even close to where Onyx was because they aren't getting better in that league. You are flying to play a team 5 hours away when the teams can't even be close to the best in their own state.

If you look at the younger oregon ecnl teams, they aren't very good. People are realizing it isn't worth it and they get sold on propaganda that doesn't have to do with them and they end up feeling cool by association.

Be smart. You are getting taken for a ride right now and I don't think you realize how dumb you sound.
                              i love the local guy who focuses on the few and not the majority, every time someone brings up kids playing in college he picks the 3 kids that stay local to say it is a scam. This is the same guy that says Onyx underachieves in ECNL maybe he is unaware that playing against teams like DeAnza, TSC, West Coast, ... are slightly different than playing against Eugene Timbers or Westside Copa.

The other thing is our players had a choice and could have played locally and not chosen the ECNL path where the competition and exposure is greater.

Comment

Have any Oregon ECNL teams made the top 25 in US? How about top 35? Top 45? To boast about playing top teams is silly because they spend thousands of dollars to fly around and get throttled. The Cal teams feel like it's a waste of their time and money to play Oregon.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X