X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And 2 Oregon girls on the 2002 team.

Comment

They are talking about the most recent Region IV team. Which derived from the Phoenix weekend. Not last year's picks. But thanks Salem dad for chiming in. We can always count on you.

Comment

How so? Regional teams are formed after the regional camp in the summer. some are invited at the Phoenix tournament, others later. Obviously your dd has never been a part of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          None. Zip. Zero. Zilch.

Hard to imagine, I know, given how absolutely dominating the Thorns Academy and Timbers Alliance teams have been lately...
          Actually, it's pretty easy to imagine. It was pretty transparent how big of a joke it was years ago when my DD was participated. It was a one and done. We haven't looked back in the last 4 years. I find it surprising that ODP is even still a thing.

Comment

Regional rosters were named yesterday in a press release from Region IV. There were ZERO girls from Oregon on any of the rosters. Same goes for the 2002/2003 National Training Camp rosters posted yesterday.

Good to see Timbers have really improved the development of players in Oregon. Sheeesh!

Comment

Actually, it's pretty easy to imagine. It was pretty transparent how big of a joke it was years ago when my DD was participated. It was a one and done. We haven't looked back in the last 4 years. I find it surprising that ODP is even still a thing.
              PT Barnum had a phrase that still applies to ODP

Comment

Regional rosters were named yesterday in a press release from Region IV. There were ZERO girls from Oregon on any of the rosters. Same goes for the 2002/2003 National Training Camp rosters posted yesterday.

Good to see Timbers have really improved the development of players in Oregon. Sheeesh!
                Some years they threw Oregon a spot or two. Those girls went & never went back. Oregon has never been a hot bed for girls soccer players. We simple don't get girls on National teams. This has nothing to do with the Timbers. We have some very good players just not the truly elite. Yes, there is the extremely rare exception. Perhaps if we picked teams based more on skill & less on size we'd do better. Less bootball. Perhaps if our girls could play & train outside all year with decent weather, we'd develop a few more. Perhaps if we had more good coaches. It's not the fault of the Timbers, or ECNL, nor will it be the fault of GDAP. Oregon girls will continue to play soccer & some will end up playing in college. Enjoy it for what it is & what it has been for years.

Comment

Some years they threw Oregon a spot or two. Those girls went & never went back. Oregon has never been a hot bed for girls soccer players. We simple don't get girls on National teams. This has nothing to do with the Timbers. We have some very good players just not the truly elite. Yes, there is the extremely rare exception. Perhaps if we picked teams based more on skill & less on size we'd do better. Less bootball. Perhaps if our girls could play & train outside all year with decent weather, we'd develop a few more. Perhaps if we had more good coaches. It's not the fault of the Timbers, or ECNL, nor will it be the fault of GDAP. Oregon girls will continue to play soccer & some will end up playing in college. Enjoy it for what it is & what it has been for years.
                  Weather isn't the issue. There are lots of elite players coming from states where there is snow on the ground 6 months of the year. Weak excuse.

Comment

In order to be selected for the ODP national training camp. You had to be a current ODP player. Which none of the players from last year are doing ODP this year. Most of them are on Thorns Academy and they are not doing ODP this year. How you get selected for the national training camp is from your state ODP coach. The 2016 Region IV pool was from last years ODP players!

Comment

In order to be selected for the ODP national training camp. You had to be a current ODP player. Which none of the players from last year are doing ODP this year. Most of them are on Thorns Academy and they are not doing ODP this year. How you get selected for the national training camp is from your state ODP coach. The 2016 Region IV pool was from last years ODP players!
                      And there are ZERO players outside of the Oregon ECNL teams that are talented enough to make the Region IV pool. It's been said before but now it's been proven.

Comment

That is confusing to me. I thought GDA was the "path to the national team." But how are those girls going to make the national team if they can't do ODP and ODP is the only way to get to national camp? Legitimate non-snarky question here.

Comment

That is confusing to me. I thought GDA was the "path to the national team." But how are those girls going to make the national team if they can't do ODP and ODP is the only way to get to national camp? Legitimate non-snarky question here.
                          In theory GDA will be the path and ODP becomes even less relevant, almost non relevant at least when it comes to finding NT talent. It hasn't even been a factor for the last several years - top players are in BDA or ECNL. If you're really NT level talent you don't need ODP and you'd want to be in a top league, not slogging away in less competitive league.

Comment

ECNL National PDP camp is the new way in. ODP is an old broken system with B level talent.

Comment

ECNL National PDP camp is the new way in. ODP is an old broken system with B level talent.
                              Precisely.

Comment

There is ODP which has State, Region and National. However do not confuse this with USWNT national camps. ODP you pay for everything, USENT takes talented kids and they foot the bill. I know several CU ECNL have attended several national training camps and one even played internationally and NONE of them participate in ODP

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X