Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not the original poster, but if you read the thread, the club is clear. Secondly, you say some have done all of the options, so what was the result of them? Did it work out? Do clubs typically retain player cards? Are there any grounds for terminating payment? Not speaking for them, but seems to me that is what they were looking for when they started the thread.
    So, I typed that. I have done one of those things. We left. As a result, we left and now the kid plays somewhere else.

As someone else noted, sometimes clubs retain player cards, sometimes not. We need to know which club the poster is at.

As someone else noted, sometimes clubs try to collect payment owed. We need to know which club the poster is at. We need to know the financial position of the poster with regards to money paid and money not paid.

Speaking for someone who wants to provide a useful answer, we can't until the original poster provides information we can use. Until then, there's four choices, and the OP knew about them before whining here.

Comment

He wants to leave. But there are ramifications for doing things, so it's not as easy as just doing what the kid wants.
      Yes it is.

Comment

He wants to leave. But there are ramifications for doing things, so it's not as easy as just doing what the kid wants.
        The poster is presumably an adult who has guardianship of the kid. The soccer club is a small business. It actually is as easy as just doing what the kid wants.

Comment

Right. The OP has sold his child to the club and now the club owns the kid forever. There's nothing that can possibly be done.

Comment

So, I typed that. I have done one of those things. We left. As a result, we left and now the kid plays somewhere else.

As someone else noted, sometimes clubs retain player cards, sometimes not. We need to know which club the poster is at.

As someone else noted, sometimes clubs try to collect payment owed. We need to know which club the poster is at. We need to know the financial position of the poster with regards to money paid and money not paid.

Speaking for someone who wants to provide a useful answer, we can't until the original poster provides information we can use. Until then, there's four choices, and the OP knew about them before whining here.
            He mentioned which club he was at.

Comment

He mentioned which club he was at.
              I can't find the mention. Please repeat it.

Comment

Right. The OP has sold his child to the club and now the club owns the kid forever. There's nothing that can possibly be done.
                You have no intention of helping...just move on.

Comment

I can't find the mention. Please repeat it.
                  Large club with many branches...

Comment

You have no intention of helping...just move on.
                    Regretting selling your child now, are you? You should have thought of that before you needed the money for smokes. Still, on the plus side, you won't have to worry about college for him.

Comment

Large club with many branches...
                      So, we guess one of the many CFC clubs (could be Foundation, etc.). But, which club? They all operate independently.

Comment

Regretting selling your child now, are you? You should have thought of that before you needed the money for smokes. Still, on the plus side, you won't have to worry about college for him.
                        Selling my child? He went to this club because he has worked with this coach in clinics/training and loved him. He learned so much from him and enjoyed every step, so we followed him to his club. Then after the contract was signed, he pulled the rug out from under us and inserted the father standing closest to him at the time as coach.

Comment

Selling my child? He went to this club because he has worked with this coach in clinics/training and loved him. He learned so much from him and enjoyed every step, so we followed him to his club. Then after the contract was signed, he pulled the rug out from under us and inserted the father standing closest to him at the time as coach.
                          Selling your child was tongue-in-cheek based on someone claiming you have no recourse. Read all the comments. Anyway, just do what your kid wants. For better advise, tell us which club, the coach, which leagues you play in, and whether you are paid in full or owe some tuition.

Comment

Can the coach in question actually do anything to resolve your complaints? If not, then it seems obvious you should leave. If so, then do you want the coach in question to resolve the complaints? If not, then it seems obvious you should leave. If so, then talk to the coach and get the issues resolved.

Comment

My kid's at OW. They keep passing the ball sideways and backwards but never forwards. I hate that. Also, they never play the bench, even at showcases. I hate that, too. Them the daddy coach for our team always plays his kid all the time even if the kid has missed practices or is playing poorly. I further hate that. What should I do? </troll>

Comment

Can the coach in question actually do anything to resolve your complaints? If not, then it seems obvious you should leave. If so, then do you want the coach in question to resolve the complaints? If not, then it seems obvious you should leave. If so, then talk to the coach and get the issues resolved.
                                CFC very rarely releases the kid. Unless you pay full freight and then go. They are ridiculous

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X