Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    First of all, it's soccer and no one is very nervous about their future. Second, Oakwood hasn't even had their GDA presentation yet to explain what they will be offering.

If it turns out that they really do not want girls playing high school soccer on their NPL pre-academy teams, then you will see the Oakwood girls show up at your ECNL trainings in February and March. At this point the vast majority of the high school girls and families want to stay at Oakwood and play on the NPL team. No one is nervous about their soccer future. There will be plenty of options for Oakwood trained players no matter what happens.

signed, Oakwood parent
    What would be the purpose of playing in the NPL where Yankee might be your toughest competition? The league will be dismissed by college coaches.

Comment

FSA ECNLers and NPLers are in for a shock as OW kids get them demoted.
      Parking lots in Farmington are going to be busy!

The chatter I hear is stay at OW for NPL or give FSA a crack for ECNL. Hamden and Bethany is a killer from Hartford and Tolland counties. Kids used to do it before FSA had ECNL but there's no point now.

The big issue is that FSW is typically pretty late with their tryouts

Comment

Parking lots in Farmington are going to be busy!

The chatter I hear is stay at OW for NPL or give FSA a crack for ECNL. Hamden and Bethany is a killer from Hartford and Tolland counties. Kids used to do it before FSA had ECNL but there's no point now.

The big issue is that FSW is typically pretty late with their tryouts
        Better off trying to get onto FSA or CFC NPL - better NPL grouping and there's hope that you could move up to ECNL at some point. OW's NPL teams will be weaker because a few top players will move up to GDA, some NPL players will leave, and you're playing in a weaker division.

Comment

First of all, it's soccer and no one is very nervous about their future. Second, Oakwood hasn't even had their GDA presentation yet to explain what they will be offering.

If it turns out that they really do not want girls playing high school soccer on their NPL pre-academy teams, then you will see the Oakwood girls show up at your ECNL trainings in February and March. At this point the vast majority of the high school girls and families want to stay at Oakwood and play on the NPL team. No one is nervous about their soccer future. There will be plenty of options for Oakwood trained players no matter what happens.

signed, Oakwood parent
          Ow trained players. That's funny ow mom. You guys should stay because you are over valuing your kids talent. Silly OW mom

Comment

Ow trained players. That's funny ow mom. You guys should stay because you are over valuing your kids talent. Silly OW mom
            Yes it is funny how they think their girls will displace ECNL players on well entrenched rosters. Unless you're a top 5 starter the likelihood of landing an ECNL spot is slim. Good news for OW though as they'll be able to keep their NPL team going :)

Comment

Reality is one or two OW players could make CFC or FSA ecnl. Then three thru seven can be even swap out for npl. I believe OW players will be in for a rude awaking when they think they can walk onto an ecnl team but get offered a npl spot. They are not as good as they or their mommies think

Comment

Reality is one or two OW players could make CFC or FSA ecnl. Then three thru seven can be even swap out for npl. I believe OW players will be in for a rude awaking when they think they can walk onto an ecnl team but get offered a npl spot. They are not as good as they or their mommies think
                You may see the end of their bench
                Their good players are very good and wont leave the magic kingdom

Comment

No worries. They won't downgrade to CFC or FSA. you're little Mia will still have high hopes of not getting pushed out of ECNL down to town travel

Comment

Outside of the top 5 players on these teams there isn't a huge difference from the players at FSA,OW and CFC. Top players are top players. The rest are somewhat interchangeable. The very top players can crack an ECNL roster, the rest don't stand a chance. Coaches aren't looking to recruit new players that project to be 12-18 on the roster. There's also going to be a degree of loyalty to kids in the club and they'll always win the jump balls. Keep I mind that last spring, clubs across the country had an opportunity to reset teams. The age change gave an excuse to move kids out, up, down and in some instances recruit from outside. It would be hard to believe they'd be looking to do it again especially at HS ages.

Comment

That's "alternative facts." Ask around. there are many of us who want top-level club play and high school, but who are not going to give up high school. My kid is committed. Wants to finish playing for her school. So, she will. Probably just going to get some training as ECNL/NPL at FSA, as there's really nothing left to prove and only fitness and injury-free play to do. A friend is still looking, but skipping high school won't get her more looks from college coaches, so she's going to kick somebody out of ECNL at FSA. I know a few in both boats.
                      Sure ow ice cream chugging mumsie. Your kids are flowers. Have you seen the athletes at fsa. Didn't think so

Comment

Outside of the top 5 players on these teams there isn't a huge difference from the players at FSA,OW and CFC. Top players are top players. The rest are somewhat interchangeable. The very top players can crack an ECNL roster, the rest don't stand a chance. Coaches aren't looking to recruit new players that project to be 12-18 on the roster. There's also going to be a degree of loyalty to kids in the club and they'll always win the jump balls. Keep I mind that last spring, clubs across the country had an opportunity to reset teams. The age change gave an excuse to move kids out, up, down and in some instances recruit from outside. It would be hard to believe they'd be looking to do it again especially at HS ages.
                        Nailed it. Required reading for OW parents.

Comment

Nailed it. Required reading for OW parents.
                          Relax. I'm sure your daughter will keep her precious ECNL spot. It's doubtful that anyone is coming from Oakwood. Unless your kid is player 16-20 on the ECNL roster, then I'm sure any good coach and club would want to upgrade the roster and replace her with a better player.

Comment

Relax. I'm sure your daughter will keep her precious ECNL spot. It's doubtful that anyone is coming from Oakwood. Unless your kid is player 16-20 on the ECNL roster, then I'm sure any good coach and club would want to upgrade the roster and replace her with a better player.
                            Try even lower, like 18-23. Those are the only ECNL players at risk and even then any incoming player would have to be demonstrably better. Too much politics and ugliness if ECNL players in HS get cut at this juncture and most clubs won't want to risk it. They already get their checks.

Comment

Not to be captain obvious but we all knew basically this time last year that the Girls DA was coming and it seemed apparent that OW was the logical candidate. Why didn't players (and parents) look to get out in front of this and look for options last year. All of these teams were wide open. I'd be gone in a heartbeat. It's like knowing your company was closing the office but waiting around until all of your co-workers with the same background decided to look for work. So much for common sense.

Comment

Not to be captain obvious but we all knew basically this time last year that the Girls DA was coming and it seemed apparent that OW was the logical candidate. Why didn't players (and parents) look to get out in front of this and look for options last year. All of these teams were wide open. I'd be gone in a heartbeat. It's like knowing your company was closing the office but waiting around until all of your co-workers with the same background decided to look for work. So much for common sense.
                                I think it's actually more: like "it's like knowing your company was about to be a Fortune 500 company and everyone was about to receive a huge raise"

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X