X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Then don't sign the agreement ....
    I don't, I toss it into the circular file.

Comment

I don't, I toss it into the circular file.
      What are the chances that they could even find them later if they wanted to? Seems like a disorganized, paper mess over there.

Comment

What are the chances that they could even find them later if they wanted to? Seems like a disorganized, paper mess over there.
        Pretty low unless someone else rats you out - and then they were probably at the same tryout you were :)

Comment

Pretty low unless someone else rats you out - and then they were probably at the same tryout you were :)
          Ah yes the uncomfortable tryout encounter with parents from your kid's current team. Awkward!

Comment

Yeah. They'll never know. I suspect several of my daughter teammates are trying out elsewhere this spring. We all stay quiet. LOL 🤐

Comment

Yeah. They'll never know. I suspect several of my daughter teammates are trying out elsewhere this spring. We all stay quiet. LOL 🤐
              like ants they are following one another to CFC and FSA... already happening. Pick your head out of the sand. Won't be much left at OW. Fun news is all the CFC and FSA NPL'ers will be demoted

Comment

like ants they are following one another to CFC and FSA... already happening. Pick your head out of the sand. Won't be much left at OW. Fun news is all the CFC and FSA NPL'ers will be demoted
                FSA ECNLers and NPLers are in for a shock as OW kids get them demoted.

Comment

FSA ECNLers and NPLers are in for a shock as OW kids get them demoted.
                  Bring it on! Prefer having the best players on the field.

FSA ECNL parent.

Comment

FSA ECNL parent.
                    You mean FSA C-team parent ... or is it, Sporting parent? lol

Comment

FSA ECNL parent.
                      CFC and FSA should hold final tryouts on March 1st now for ECNL and require 30% of money due within 3 days of acceptance to really put the screws to OW for whomever they want to extend offers to from the outside. With OW parents uncertain of their future at OW (and hedging on playing HS or not), might have to accept and pay and then have a ton of skin in the game. FSA and CFC kids already know what they are doing, OW kids and parents are the ones that are very nervous right now on their future.

Comment

CFC and FSA should hold final tryouts on March 1st now for ECNL and require 30% of money due within 3 days of acceptance to really put the screws to OW for whomever they want to extend offers to from the outside. With OW parents uncertain of their future at OW (and hedging on playing HS or not), might have to accept and pay and then have a ton of skin in the game. FSA and CFC kids already know what they are doing, OW kids and parents are the ones that are very nervous right now on their future.
                        agreed- the ECNL clubs need to demand cash on the barrel right away and sooner than normal.

Comment

I think the actual pulse out there right now would surprise you.

Comment

First of all, it's soccer and no one is very nervous about their future. Second, Oakwood hasn't even had their GDA presentation yet to explain what they will be offering.

If it turns out that they really do not want girls playing high school soccer on their NPL pre-academy teams, then you will see the Oakwood girls show up at your ECNL trainings in February and March. At this point the vast majority of the high school girls and families want to stay at Oakwood and play on the NPL team. No one is nervous about their soccer future. There will be plenty of options for Oakwood trained players no matter what happens.

signed, Oakwood parent

Comment

First of all, it's soccer and no one is very nervous about their future. Second, Oakwood hasn't even had their GDA presentation yet to explain what they will be offering.

If it turns out that they really do not want girls playing high school soccer on their NPL pre-academy teams, then you will see the Oakwood girls show up at your ECNL trainings in February and March. At this point the vast majority of the high school girls and families want to stay at Oakwood and play on the NPL team. No one is nervous about their soccer future. There will be plenty of options for Oakwood trained players no matter what happens.

signed, Oakwood parent
                              Your top team will get creamed in the B league with bad players and your B team will crush everyone in the D league .... have a ball.

Comment

... At this point the vast majority of the high school girls and families want to stay at Oakwood and play on the NPL team...
                                signed, Oakwood parent
                                That's "alternative facts." Ask around. there are many of us who want top-level club play and high school, but who are not going to give up high school. My kid is committed. Wants to finish playing for her school. So, she will. Probably just going to get some training as ECNL/NPL at FSA, as there's really nothing left to prove and only fitness and injury-free play to do. A friend is still looking, but skipping high school won't get her more looks from college coaches, so she's going to kick somebody out of ECNL at FSA. I know a few in both boats.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X