Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Didnt you not say if a coach wants you to pay, he is not interested in your kid? That is untrue. I can point to many examples. Coaches have to charge you or if caught would face NCAA sanctions. My kid went to her coaches on campus one day clinic because she wanted all her ED kids there if possible. They didn't pressure my daughter and afterward thanked all the arents and players for coming. My daughter took a pic with her future teammates, exchanged info and set up a group chat. The money was well spent. Clinic was instructional and my daughter already knows her future teammates and schoolmates. I would pay for it again.

I know kids who are going to very highly ranked d1 programs that also went to d links after they ad already verbally committed and were offered scholarships. Who is going to argue over a few hundred when coach just offerred your kid tens of thousands. .......probably you.
    Not the poster but you bring up a very important thing to watch for. Avoid the big camps that have 100+ kids. Lots of coaches will have smaller camps just for their top prospects. If you're not sure, ask. Anything that feels remotely like a form letter invite is.

Comment

The never ending D3 committ.

There is no D3 committ. Neither coach or player is locked into
      each other. Yes, they can "committ" to each other, but at of day
      it means nothing.
      And same is true of D1 until 2nd semester of senior year.

There is a D3 commit if the Williams coach tells you that she has a pre-read and she's committing to you.

Comment

Does anyone know if these D3 schools have more than one prospect clinic, or is it just the ones in April? It would be nice if there were a few over the summer to give us some options. The schools dont seem to publish that info on their web pages.

Looking for some first hand info. Not conjecture. Thanks!

Comment

And same is true of D1 until 2nd semester of senior year.

There is a D3 commit if the Williams coach tells you that she has a pre-read and she's committing to you.
          Another reason for your daughter to go d3

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2957778

52 in a 4 year period.....Gang rapes involving 10 on 1....yes a rape can happen on any campus, but something tells me one sports team at a uaa or nescac school does not have 32 players committing 52 rapes in a 4 year period. A sickening. A bunch of animals.

Comment

Does anyone know if these D3 schools have more than one prospect clinic, or is it just the ones in April? It would be nice if there were a few over the summer to give us some options. The schools dont seem to publish that info on their web pages.

Look at the high academic d1 school summer camps. Most have d3 coaches there as well. For example, Dartmouth camp had Williams, bowdoin, bates, conn college, Vassar, mit coaches there as well as a bunch of others. If you ask the coaches, they will tell you where they will be.

Comment

They're all over the calendar, not just April. Many are just getting announced now for spring and even summer. Smaller schools tend to have very few but will attend other ID events, either at other schools or bigger events run by organizers like Adidas. Best bet is to have your player contact coaches at schools of interest and ask them what events they will be running and/or attending.

Warning: for summer they're all crammed into a tight time frame from about mid-June to the first week of August. It's fairly probably two schools of interest will have overlapping dates. It can make for tough choices. Knocking out a few now can help.

Comment

52 in a 4 year period.....Gang rapes involving 10 on 1....yes a rape can happen on any campus, but something tells me one sports team at a uaa or nescac school does not have 32 players committing 52 rapes in a 4 year period. A sickening. A bunch of animals.
                Yes. Let's condemn all larger schools Horrific places to go to school. No one should let their daughters attend Duke, Stanford, USC, UCLA or any Ivy because horror! they have football teams or even male athletes!

Comment

Sounds like organized crime.
                  When all you need if you can get a c+ avg is an 820 sat score on two parts combined, you get what you see at Baylor. The thought process is you give poor disadvantaged young men a chance to better themselves and get an education. Most are not there for the education. It is the dream to play in the national felon league. Most won't finish school or are given fake grades to graduate. Most won't make the NFL or if they do, will have a short career (3.2 years). They enter society worse off because for their formative years, they learned nothing and got away with everything, now apparently everything for 32 players means 52 rapes. A bunch of women in this country think an incoming president who talks about grabbing cats is more important to protest than a higher institution like Baylor who receives federal funding, aka their tax dollars, to develop gang rapists.

Comment

Sounds like organized crime.
                    When all you need if you can get a c+ avg is an 820 sat score on two parts combined, you get what you see at Baylor. The thought process is you give poor disadvantaged young men a chance to better themselves and get an education. Most are not there for the education. It is the dream to play in the national felon league. Most won't finish school or are given fake grades to graduate. Most won't make the NFL or if they do, will have a short career (3.2 years). They enter society worse off because for their formative years, they learned nothing and got away with everything, now apparently everything for 32 players means 52 rapes. A bunch of women in this country think an incoming president who talks about grabbing cats is more important to protest than a higher institution like Baylor who receives federal funding, aka their tax dollars, to develop gang rapists.
                    It's a civil case, not criminal. Maybe hold off reserving judgment until there's more information? And while I agree colleges. college coaches and the NFL do young men a huge disservice in ignoring bad behavior (aka the UCONN soccer lawsuit), it is also unfair to paint the entire system with broad brushstrokes.

Comment

It's a civil case, not criminal. Maybe hold off reserving judgment until there's more information? And while I agree colleges. college coaches and the NFL do young men a huge disservice in ignoring bad behavior (aka the UCONN soccer lawsuit), it is also unfair to paint the entire system with broad brushstrokes.
                      Of course its a civil case its about $$$$$- my take on this is that Baylor was the wild west, they were winning and everyone was happy so i don't doubt the rape charges,( some of these are true some not so much just like with any thing) I also don't doubt that this has very little to do with righting wrongs and bringing those responsible to justice. this is about getting $$$$ out of a school-thats it. this will get very messy for all sides should the school fight back

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X