Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    FSA will get this for sure. Wish they didn't. Actually, wish neither girls' academy or ENPL had not happened.
    I'm betting FSA and CFC, and that's it for CT.

Comment

just got an email..... Sporting got it

Comment

Unsurprising, given the way that club has exploded onto the scene. Good for Sporting!

Comment

Please post email

Comment

Unsurprising, given the way that club has exploded onto the scene. Good for Sporting!
            Hey Sporting Intern - you're not supposed to reply to your own posts so quickly

Comment

Please post email
              lol even if they did (which is incredibly doubtful) they should be smarter about announcing anything prior to an official annoucement

Comment

Please post email
                "Congratulations SportingCT!

You got boys ECNL. Your club is amazing and on fire!

-ENPL Management"

Comment

"Congratulations SportingCT!

You got boys ECNL. Your club is amazing and on fire!

-ENPL Management"
                  How cool is that? Nicely done, Sporting!

Comment

How cool is that? Nicely done, Sporting!
                    Bravo, I second that! Nice job! FSA and CFC are going to be pissed.

Comment

Bravo, I second that! Nice job! FSA and CFC are going to be pissed.
                      Sure they are. Maybe they'll get the message and fix their issues so they can reapply in the future.

Comment

Sure they are. Maybe they'll get the message and fix their issues so they can reapply in the future.
                        lack of parking killed FSA from the get-go. Never in the running.

Comment

I see this boys version of ECNL as a very disruptive force in CT soccer, much more so that GDA. If CFC and FSA get it, what happens to premier clubs like sporting, everson, Everton and AC CT?
                          this will also affect current DA programs. Messy.

Comment

I see this boys version of ECNL as a very disruptive force in CT soccer, much more so that GDA. If CFC and FSA get it, what happens to premier clubs like sporting, everson, Everton and AC CT?
                            I think those will be fine, it's the next notch down in the food chain that'd be in trouble. I'm not so sure it's a bad thing - hate to see people lose jobs or kids lose teams, but it'd help CT soccer if the programs could be thinned out.

Comment

We talk about how disruptive this will be at the top end of the spectrum, but here is what it will do to the bottom ..... all of the smaller clubs that you mentioned will be fine. There are plenty of people looking to get their kids into premier to replace the ones that leave. Next year, many kids will FINALLY make a premier team! Not because they got better but because the top kids left and spots opened. CJSA will be pushed even farther down the competitive spectrum and travel will lose even more mediocre players to those local premier outfits. Local premier (not including CCSL at U11 and under) will be hurt (as will travel) but they will survive. Those smaller clubs (and travel) will continue to operate but at the older age groups they will be even more challenged as they will simply be accruing lesser talent at the same cost. As we have seen over the past several years, level of play will decrease across the board.

Comment

There are plenty of people looking to get their kids into premier to replace the ones that leave.
                                that's a big assumption these days. I'm sensing the market might be reaching a point where the opposite migration is getting ready to happen.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X