Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Less than 1/2 of the Bolts DAP were 2017 graduates.
    http://bolt.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams...p?team=1655401
    Of these 10 graduates 7 are listed. Of the other 3....perhaps the parents prefer privacy....
    Privacy or they aren't playing. Not every DA player will play for many reasons. Since clubs love to use placements for marketing, you probably would have to fight your club over that or somehow keep it very secret (also tough since a club coach in theory should be helping you some).

Comment

Of these 10 graduates 7 are listed. Of the other 3....perhaps the parents prefer privacy....
      Those 3 total
      Games started 3
      Goals 0
      Assists 0

Comment

Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Those 3 total
        Games started 3
        Goals 0
        Assists 0

Got it.
        This is consistent with what I have believed regarding the DA or any team....riding the bench on the best team is not as good as playing for the next best team.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Got it.
          This is consistent with what I have believed regarding the DA or any team....riding the bench on the best team is not as good as playing for the next best team.
          A lot of schools don't announce on topdrawer. They announce in the spring. This is particularly true for top academic schools. It's the kids or their parents who post.

Comment

A lot of schools don't announce on topdrawer. They announce in the spring. This is particularly true for top academic schools. It's the kids or their parents who post.
            TDS has about 25 2017 boys on their MA list. This list has circa 100. So TDS is of limited value here. The D3's announce with the early admission types alongside the D1's, then again with the standard admission in the spring. At this point close to 100% of the D1's are listed. About 2/3 of the D3's are up. I will report on the D1's progress end of Sept. I have done the D3's several times before, if I have time. OP

Comment

TDS has about 25 2017 boys on their MA list. This list has circa 100. So TDS is of limited value here. The D3's announce with the early admission types alongside the D1's, then again with the standard admission in the spring. At this point close to 100% of the D1's are listed. About 2/3 of the D3's are up. I will report on the D1's progress end of Sept. I have done the D3's several times before, if I have time. OP
              Thanks op! Always a great thread

Comment

Why never updates on D2?

Comment

Why never updates on D2?
                  A lot of D2 recruiting occurs late as they scoop up players not selected by D1's. With few exceptions they do not announce their recruits on their website as of now and their rosters are not updated. Please jump in and help if you want. There are some great players there.

Comment

To OP: now that rosters are out, do you an early season cross-check with this list?

Comment

To OP: now that rosters are out, do you an early season cross-check with this list?
                      I do an analysis of who started a lot, who subbed a lot, who saw the field, and who DNP and NR. I wait until the Ivies get around 5 games so I have a meaningful number of games. I also do a similar analysis at end of season. About a week away.

Comment

2017 D1 Boys Starting a Lot

For those who are new, I will list here Boys who started in 50% or more of their team's games so far. I will do this again at season's end. Note: all 31 of the D1's listed are rostered, and 31 is one of the lowest numbers in 5 years or so.

Player/School/Games/GP/GS/G/A

Davis Smith/UMass/7/7/7/1/2
                        Adama Kaba/Northeastern/6/6/5/1/0
                        Noah Abrams/Northeastern/6/5/4/0/1

That is it, about 10% are starting a Lot, much lower in general but the same as last season, a sad trend. I would point out that 11 of this class went out of the New England region, many to National powers. None have played a minute so far. I hope that perhaps some are red shirting.

Comment

2017 D1 Boys Subbing a Lot

Same as before except criteria is played in 50% or more of games. Coaches trying the kid a bit.
                          Player/School/Games/GP/GS/G/A

Felipe Cypriano/Bryant/6/6/0/0/0
                          Mike Rita/UMass/7/5/1/1/0
                          Eli Cronin/UMass/7/5/0/0/0
                          Matthew Ranieri/Dartmouth/5/4/1/1/0
                          Max Benford/6/4/0/0/0
                          Anthony Barrera/Bryant/6/4/0/0/0
                          Nathan Plano/Brown/4/2/0/0/0

So about 30% of this class has played much, nearly all at local schools. Same as last season, but this is usually closer to 50%,.

Comment

Other 2017 D1 Boys

No names here

Of the rest:

5 Saw the field

16 (over 50%) Did not play

All were rosetted.

Take note

Comment

No names here

Of the rest:

5 Saw the field

16 (over 50%) Did not play

All were rosetted.

Take note

Hey at least they're rostered. Sometimes there are ones that are not

Comment

Hey at least they're rostered. Sometimes there are ones that are not
                                Agreed, there have been some surprising kids who didn't make the roster the last couple of seasons. There are some great MA players not playing so far. Hope they don't get lost. Sitting on the bench can be demoralizing, especially for players like that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X