Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm hearing that 6-7 of the 04 FCB ECNL team is following FI to Breakers NPL?? If that is true, why would they choose to leave a first team playing in ECNL to play on BBA 2nd team in secondary league??? I don't think he was that good of a coach was he??? Confused by the choice.
    Maybe they think it won't be an available option next year and are preparing.

Comment

A bunch to Stars too.

Comment

I'm hearing that 6-7 of the 04 FCB ECNL team is following FI to Breakers NPL?? If that is true, why would they choose to leave a first team playing in ECNL to play on BBA 2nd team in secondary league??? I don't think he was that good of a coach was he??? Confused by the choice.
        This is true. Heard it from an NEFC coach that spots on the '04 NPL team were very limitied because of player movement from FC Boston ECNL. As to why players and parents would make that choice, a number of reasons are possible:

1. NEFC/Breakers has a better reputation on the girls side vs. FC Boston (true)
        2. Players/Parents think they will have a better chance making DAP from within NEFC than without
        3. Players liked their coach and followed him to NEFC
        4. NEFC offered financial incentives to come over
        5. Families decided they didn't need ECNL to achieve their soccer goals, especially if they played on a strong NPL team
        6. Players liked the NEFC uniform better
        7. The commute was better to Mendon and Marlborough than wherever FC Boston ECNL was training

The reality is I have no idea why they left ECNL to play NPL, but opportunity just presented itself to FC Boston players who wanted the chance to move up. Not so much for NEFC players.

Comment

This is true. Heard it from an NEFC coach that spots on the '04 NPL team were very limitied because of player movement from FC Boston ECNL. As to why players and parents would make that choice, a number of reasons are possible:

1. NEFC/Breakers has a better reputation on the girls side vs. FC Boston (true)
          2. Players/Parents think they will have a better chance making DAP from within NEFC than without
          3. Players liked their coach and followed him to NEFC
          4. NEFC offered financial incentives to come over
          5. Families decided they didn't need ECNL to achieve their soccer goals, especially if they played on a strong NPL team
          6. Players liked the NEFC uniform better
          7. The commute was better to Mendon and Marlborough than wherever FC Boston ECNL was training

The reality is I have no idea why they left ECNL to play NPL, but opportunity just presented itself to FC Boston players who wanted the chance to move up. Not so much for NEFC players.
          There were 3 NEFC/BBA girls who moved up from the central team to this NPL team. The NEFC SE Elite team is all moving up as a team to NPL. That's a lot of movement up for current NEFC players.

Comment

1) Great coach
            2) Great team

Not always about the league.

Comment

There were 3 NEFC/BBA girls who moved up from the central team to this NPL team. The NEFC SE Elite team is all moving up as a team to NPL. That's a lot of movement up for current NEFC players.
              Lol. Three girls moved up, all from Central when the Southeast team was much stronger. That's also not counting the MS team that had some very good players. Lot's of movement...

As far as NEFC Southeast playing NPL next year, the team is good, but they fell under a lucky star by winning the Premiership this season and promotion/relegation being added by the league. That had nothing to do with NEFC and they have a number of players who are not NPL quality.

Comment

If a child played developed under a coach from u little to ECNL one might find that coach invaluable. The real question is why did FC Boston lose that coach and team? It's a shame.

Comment

Lol. Three girls moved up, all from Central when the Southeast team was much stronger. That's also not counting the MS team that had some very good players. Lot's of movement...

As far as NEFC Southeast playing NPL next year, the team is good, but they fell under a lucky star by winning the Premiership this season and promotion/relegation being added by the league. That had nothing to do with NEFC and they have a number of players who are not NPL quality.
                  Perhaps those MS/SE players did not want to move up to the NPL team. Did they ask attend practices this spring or just show up at cattle call NPL tryout? I love how people complain about certain "great" players being overlooked, but do not do what you need to do to get on the radar of the appropriate coaches. Yes, we all know the open tryouts are literally there to fill 3 spots max on these top teams, but my guess is that every player that was on the bubble for those 3 spots either expressed interest to FI, and/or attended practices with JM and his current NPL team.

Comment

Perhaps those MS/SE players did not want to move up to the NPL team. Did they ask attend practices this spring or just show up at cattle call NPL tryout? I love how people complain about certain "great" players being overlooked, but do not do what you need to do to get on the radar of the appropriate coaches. Yes, we all know the open tryouts are literally there to fill 3 spots max on these top teams, but my guess is that every player that was on the bubble for those 3 spots either expressed interest to FI, and/or attended practices with JM and his current NPL team.
                    There was plenty of interest, including players from multiple regions at the DAP ID sessions. You think those girls were willing to try out for DAP and not NPL? It is telling that a stronger team from Southeast that beat Central all season had no one pulled up, that multiple teams from NS and MS in Premiership had no one pulled up and that three spots filled from lower NEFC teams were all from Central. Players who have been within NEFC for years shouldn't need to contact some rando coach from outside the club to make a team within the club. All those girls have been at tryouts for years, including last year's NPL. So what does it say about tryouts? Useless. What does it say about NEFC's selection process if you are part of another region? Flawed.

Again, promoted 3 from Central, ignored all other regions and filled out the team with FC Boston players. NEFC isn't interested in developing or promoting from within, especially if you aren't in the Central region. The numbers don't lie.

Comment

There was plenty of interest, including players from multiple regions at the DAP ID sessions. You think those girls were willing to try out for DAP and not NPL? It is telling that a stronger team from Southeast that beat Central all season had no one pulled up, that multiple teams from NS and MS in Premiership had no one pulled up and that three spots filled from lower NEFC teams were all from Central. Players who have been within NEFC for years shouldn't need to contact some rando coach from outside the club to make a team within the club. All those girls have been at tryouts for years, including last year's NPL. So what does it say about tryouts? Useless. What does it say about NEFC's selection process if you are part of another region? Flawed.

Again, promoted 3 from Central, ignored all other regions and filled out the team with FC Boston players. NEFC isn't interested in developing or promoting from within, especially if you aren't in the Central region. The numbers don't lie.
                      Ahhh the bitter SE parent again. Back again I see.

So as the other poster said, you didn't attend a practice, and didn't even try to contact anyone about your kid's interest in the NPL team, and yet you expect them to just KNOW your kid. Sorry, but unless your kid can stand FAR out from crowd in an open tryout, she is just another player in the pack. They look at the players they know first, and part of knowing them is that the parents have reached out to them and asked to attend a practice prior to open try outs . This is the same at every club in this area. You can hate the game, but if you refuse to play it, your daughter has no one to blame but your lazy butt, who did nothing but assume your kid was entitled to spot on the NPL team simply because they play on a regional team. Obviously she did not stand out, and you're growing more bitter by the day. So safe to assume you left for another club who appreciates your little overlooked superstar, or do you plan on bitching on the sidelines all next season too? You must be a joy.

Comment

So as the other poster said, you didn't attend a practice, and didn't even try to contact anyone about your kid's interest in the NPL team, and yet you expect them to just KNOW your kid. Sorry, but unless your kid can stand FAR out from crowd in an open tryout, she is just another player in the pack. They look at the players they know first, and part of knowing them is that the parents have reached out to them and asked to attend a practice prior to open try outs . This is the same at every club in this area. You can hate the game, but if you refuse to play it, your daughter has no one to blame but your lazy butt, who did nothing but assume your kid was entitled to spot on the NPL team simply because they play on a regional team. Obviously she did not stand out, and you're growing more bitter by the day. So safe to assume you left for another club who appreciates your little overlooked superstar, or do you plan on bitching on the sidelines all next season too? You must be a joy.
                        We left NEFC quite some time ago, once we realized the limited upward movement at NEFC if you weren't ID'd very early or in good with Central coaches. Other cluns do a better job of developing players and providing opportunities to move up when it is warranted. It didn't take much effort for my D to get noticed elsewhere, FWIW amd she is happy with her team so I am happy.

As far as NEFC SE goes there are stronger players than my D on SE who didn't get an offer to move up. The club knows all these players as they have been in the system and on the "radar" for years, but it is almost always Central that gets chosen. Clear bias. Want to debate it? If you've watched SE and Central play, you know there is more talent on SE... much more. Sorry it bothers you to hear that politics plays as much a role in selection as talent, but it is obvious to see. Four regions of Premiership teams and you think it was because parents didn't contact the coach that the Central girls got the nod? That works for players outside the club, but not within...

Comment

We left NEFC quite some time ago, once we realized the limited upward movement at NEFC if you weren't ID'd very early or in good with Central coaches. Other cluns do a better job of developing players and providing opportunities to move up when it is warranted. It didn't take much effort for my D to get noticed elsewhere, FWIW amd she is happy with her team so I am happy.

As far as NEFC SE goes there are stronger players than my D on SE who didn't get an offer to move up. The club knows all these players as they have been in the system and on the "radar" for years, but it is almost always Central that gets chosen. Clear bias. Want to debate it? If you've watched SE and Central play, you know there is more talent on SE... much more. Sorry it bothers you to hear that politics plays as much a role in selection as talent, but it is obvious to see. Four regions of Premiership teams and you think it was because parents didn't contact the coach that the Central girls got the nod? That works for players outside the club, but not within...
                          There are many many SE players of all different ages on the ECNL (now GDA) and NPL teams. Bet every single one reached out at some point and attended a practice before tryouts. Go ahead and keep railing against the game, but if you do not play the game you have no one to blame but yourself. Pretty simple. End of story.

Comment

There are many many SE players of all different ages on the ECNL (now GDA) and NPL teams. Bet every single one reached out at some point and attended a practice before tryouts. Go ahead and keep railing against the game, but if you do not play the game you have no one to blame but yourself. Pretty simple. End of story.
                            I would guess easily half of all the ECNL/NPL/DAP teams are from Central. Of those players from other regions on those teams, 95% were ID'd and selected in invitiation-only tryouts well before open tryouts the year before the team forms to play, which is usually U11/12 depending on the league. The rest are from outside the club, where many of the players contacted the coach and attended practices with the team or were ID'd by the coach in one way or another. No one on those teams now made it because they contacted the coach and expressed interest while already being a member of the club. Internally, that's not the way NEFC works.

The funny thing is NEFC just assumed the FC Boston girls were better than 4 regions of Premiership teams as they were given pre-offers. NEFC didn't care who was better and just wanted the coach and players to help their bottom line. I don't blame them as the same thing happened in MS with GPS... as you said, play the game, which as I see it is musical chairs. Sucks when the music stops and you don't have a team, I mean seat.

Comment

I would guess easily half of all the ECNL/NPL/DAP teams are from Central. Of those players from other regions on those teams, 95% were ID'd and selected in invitiation-only tryouts well before open tryouts the year before the team forms to play, which is usually U11/12 depending on the league. The rest are from outside the club, where many of the players contacted the coach and attended practices with the team or were ID'd by the coach in one way or another. No one on those teams now made it because they contacted the coach and expressed interest while already being a member of the club. Internally, that's not the way NEFC works.

The funny thing is NEFC just assumed the FC Boston girls were better than 4 regions of Premiership teams as they were given pre-offers. NEFC didn't care who was better and just wanted the coach and players to help their bottom line. I don't blame them as the same thing happened in MS with GPS... as you said, play the game, which as I see it is musical chairs. Sucks when the music stops and you don't have a team, I mean seat.
                              OMG, stop crying already. I'm not the guy you are even talking to, but if I were a coach I would steer clear of your kid just because of you and your whiny entitled victim act.

Anyway, regarding the FCB topic, those girls are leaving ECNL because not everyone cares about the letters in the league, but rather having a great coach, and a strong team without having to stay in a hotel every 3 weeks. Seems like a no brained imo.

Comment

No, you're the joy, BTNT.

How much does that job as NEFC bouncer pay???

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X