Aztecs in trouble?!?!?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The North Shore clubs/coaches have a long history of success developing skilled players on the girls’ side. The challenge has been historically the better players move on as they get older, similar to what happens at SS Select. They’ve all become feeder clubs to the Big Boys, albeit Select has taken development to a higher level. If Select is moving towards an ECNL badge and Aztec somehow partners with them it could become an interesting “in-house” option for the top North Shore players to move up to a bigger league platform. No one is going to drive from the north shore to the south shore to play on a team in the same NPL league or NEP league as they are already in but a few might reverse commute to the Boston area to play on a SS Select ECNL team if that’s in the cards for Select. Seems the same theory could apply on the boys’ side with the Bolts if there is really talk of a partnership there too. Maybe Aztec has figured things out.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      The North Shore clubs/coaches have a long history of success developing skilled players on the girls’ side. The challenge has been historically the better players move on as they get older, similar to what happens at SS Select. They’ve all become feeder clubs to the Big Boys, albeit Select has taken development to a higher level. If Select is moving towards an ECNL badge and Aztec somehow partners with them it could become an interesting “in-house” option for the top North Shore players to move up to a bigger league platform. No one is going to drive from the north shore to the south shore to play on a team in the same NPL league or NEP league as they are already in but a few might reverse commute to the Boston area to play on a SS Select ECNL team if that’s in the cards for Select. Seems the same theory could apply on the boys’ side with the Bolts if there is really talk of a partnership there too. Maybe Aztec has figured things out.
      Any parent on the north shore that would want their kid to commute to the south shore for a soccer practice 2 or 3 times per week is extremely misguided. Much better to keep your kid focused on school, social life, part time job, and training with a 30 minute or less drive.

Comment

Any parent on the north shore that would want their kid to commute to the south shore for a soccer practice 2 or 3 times per week is extremely misguided. Much better to keep your kid focused on school, social life, part time job, and training with a 30 minute or less drive.
        What’s the big deal? NEFC NS is just one small part of a much larger club. Aztec is just doing the same thing to compete. Competition is always good, as it gives players options and contains costs somewhat. Any player from NEFC NS that can make the cut at a higher level, will need to drive far to practice and play as well - Mendon perhaps ? GPS higher teams - Waltham perhaps? Stars better teams- Lancaster? 99% of all the players are destined for the beer leagues after college anyway, so it’s okay to stay on the regional teams. I’d hate to see one big soccer monopoly on the North Shore, jacking up prices with no more incentive to provide quality training.

Comment

The OP said to commute to the Boston area for an ECNL team, not commute to the South Shore. NS players commute much further than that now to play on ECNL/GDA. More NS players have left this fall to do the same. The local clubs need the top level product offering within a reasonable driving distance for when the kids reach the HS recruiting years and yearn for more. NEFC-NS kinda has the model on paper but Mendon is a non-starter for just about everyone on the NS.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2382361]The OP said to commute to the Boston area for an ECNL team, not commute to the South Shore. NS players commute much further than that now to play on ECNL/GDA. More NS players have left this fall to do the same. The local clubs need the top level product offering within a reasonable driving distance for when the kids reach the HS recruiting years and yearn for more. NEFC-NS kinda has the model on paper but Mendon is a non-starter for just about everyone on the NS.[/

A handful of large clubs , with regions, a pyramid structure, and centralized Homebase , will be the landscape in youth soccer. It’s pretty much already in place, with the last of the smaller clubs joining forces with the larger clubs. It makes sense. Its business. Bottom line.

Comment

It’s so funny that people see ECNL and SSS in the same sentence on TS and act like it’s true.

Comment

People are still driving out to Lancaster for ODP. There will be fools that drive all over creation to chase their pipe dream.

Comment

FWIW I have no dog in this hunt but the community is small enough that I know enough about what is going on at all these clubs. I'm not sure what this really does for Aztecs or Aztec players. I mean, if you're looking for an ECNL team you're still not going to find it at Aztecs, so you're going to go to go to a club that has it. What do you need Aztecs for then? Driving to SSS or Bolts is just as painful as driving to Lancaster too. Either totally sucks ass for families from that NS area. The best thing that could happen is for NEFC NS to try to put together NPL or DA teams, so that good players from that NS area have more/better choices. This would draw in more kids from North East, MA & South East NH as well.

Comment

According to our coach, the deal is all about the training and the showcases. Training at younger ages and in HS. Showcases for HS. That's what this partnership is about. Not combining teams or clubs I hear.

Maybe it's a good idea to create some great showcases around here for players and their families so they don't have spend thousands and thousands of dollars and all that time going all over the country?

The Northshore should have a top notch training focused player development club. That's what Aztec is getting back to. I hear more good news is coming soon. I guess we'll see what it is when it happens what it is. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Comment

According to our coach, the deal is all about the training and the showcases. Training at younger ages and in HS. Showcases for HS. That's what this partnership is about. Not combining teams or clubs I hear.

Maybe it's a good idea to create some great showcases around here for players and their families so they don't have spend thousands and thousands of dollars and all that time going all over the country?

The Northshore should have a top notch training focused player development club. That's what Aztec is getting back to. I hear more good news is coming soon. I guess we'll see what it is when it happens what it is. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
                      Poor Aztec parents trying to make their club relevant again.

Comment

FWIW I have no dog in this hunt but the community is small enough that I know enough about what is going on at all these clubs. I'm not sure what this really does for Aztecs or Aztec players. I mean, if you're looking for an ECNL team you're still not going to find it at Aztecs, so you're going to go to go to a club that has it. What do you need Aztecs for then? Driving to SSS or Bolts is just as painful as driving to Lancaster too. Either totally sucks ass for families from that NS area. The best thing that could happen is for NEFC NS to try to put together NPL or DA teams, so that good players from that NS area have more/better choices. This would draw in more kids from North East, MA & South East NH as well.
                        It's okay you don't get it yet. You'll get it down the road. I love the direction of the club now. Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment

It's okay you don't get it yet. You'll get it down the road. I love the direction of the club now. Happy Thanksgiving.
                          Love the direction. You’ve been hitting the bottle early today.

Comment

What don't I get? What am I missing?

Comment

OK it's about training and showcases.Let's tackle those 1 at a time.

Showcases: What kind of showcases are these? ECNL? If so good luck with that Aztecs doesn't have ECNL. And they don't have the talent to have ECNL either. If these are NPL, Showcases ok, but why would Aztec need these other clubs to play in NPL showcases, considering that Aztecs has NPL?

Training: What's changing here as a result of the partnership? Unless SSS and Bolts coaches are training up on the NS nothing changes for Aztec players. Nobody is traveling down to SSS or Bolts for training, and if they are they might as well switch clubs.

Comment

Why are you so worried about what Aztecs and other clubs do? You seem to spend a lot of time ranting about what’s wrong over there. Are you not happy where you are? Did your kid get cut from Aztec or did you leave and are now having remorse ? Let it go. Play your game, mind your business and time will tell what direction the clubs in the north shore take.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X