Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sunrise has a proven track record with success, there is no denying that. The list of college signees is impressive and they should be proud. My daughter loves high school soccer, and is not ready to give that up. The biggest problem is the lack of options in south Florida. We would gladly move to Sunrise, but those teams are pretty much set. Weston and Boca aren't options with DA and high school. What other options are out there?
    I'm in the same position as you. Daughter loves soccer, loves playing high school sports, not just soccer. Wants to play highest soccer available but is not ready to give up everything else. GDA is unproven and a very big leap of faith. We're also watching the options at Sunrise, Weston, and Boca United. For Sunrise, we'll go to tryouts and listen to their sales pitch. The club is definitely successful, but from a personal viewpoint, I am not impressed with their playing style. Again, not being critical, just an observation for how my player might fit. Not every club is right for every player.

For Weston and BU, I anticipate competitive teams for their NPL leagues. Many of the players from ECNL will either not make the GDA or choose not to join. They have to play somewhere.

If you are in south dade county or north palm beach, the options are even worse. Good luck!

What remains to be seen, especially for U15 through U19, is what south florida leagues will college coaches monitor. If it continues to be the mess it appears to be, coaches will look elsewhere. No reason to make their job harder when there are plenty of other options in US and overseas.

Comment

Your last sentence confirmed your idiocy. Sunrise? Yes. Team Boca? Hilarious. Two opposite ends of the spectrum. Sunrise plays in competitive leagues and gets their players recruited to top soccer programs. Definitely a good choice. Team Boca plays in rec level leagues and gets their players 'placed' at schools the players were already accepted to for academics. Did you see their signing day posts? Nearly all D3 schools. D3 doesn't even use the letter of intent option. Smoke and mirrors.
      You're an εsshole. Why do you care if a kid, that isn't your kid, goes to a D1 or D3 school? What is the purpose in going to school? Is it to play soccer or is it to get an education?

You're right that D3 does not use a NLI. The only schools that do are D1, D2, NAIA, and NJCAA. Anybody with half of a brain, and you would be excluded from that population, knows that the D3 "signing" is strictly ceremonial and makes no pretenses in being binding. Those kid that are choosing to go D3 are "committing" in their own way. They are committing to the school, to a coach, a program, their education, and their future. A good many of them are also better players that those that choose to go to a school requiring the signing of a NLI. Don't think that that choosing to play at the D3 level makes a kid any less of a player, student, or person.

It obviously disturbs you that some kid choosing to go a little D3 school and is participating in a "signing" is stealing a little thunder from your Little Lucy. Get a life, loser.

Comment

That is the dilemma. Aside from Sunrise, what other options are there? And those spots are much harder to crack than the DA teams. My daughter is a solid D1 player, and receiving interest, what do we do? Weston and BU are out as she is unwilling to give up HS ball. I have respectfully told both clubs that shes not ready to give up HS and they said it wasn't an issue, but I know that's not true.

What does that leave?
        Please explain why you are asking this question on a website full of agenda-pushers, ax-grinders, and trolls. Do you honestly expect unbiased opinions?

For the sake of your kid, act like a grownup. Talk to coaches, DOCs, and other parents. Look at the track records of clubs you are considering. Figure out what your goals really are. Then make a well-reasoned decision. It's not as hard as you think.

Comment

I invite the followers of this thread to do their own research and judge whether your post is driven by facts or by an obvious agenda.

I see at least four D1 schools on the 2016 Team Boca commit list. One might conclude that a person pontificating with statements that are easily proven false is the true idiot.
          Oh Billy. Way too easy to flush you out and YOUR agenda. Pontificate? Ironic that you use that word. When a 'hood team like Sunrise is blowing you away in recruitment, that should be a major wakeup call. Four D1 schools? Congrats to those girls on being accepted for academics. How about the rest of your placements to Wagner, Andrews, and Polk State? Yeah. 10 years of club soccer and that's where you get them a spot?

I agree. I also invite the followers of this thread to do their own research and judge whether your post is driven by facts or by an obvious agenda of COMPLETE BULLSH*T.

Comment

Sunrise has a proven track record with success, there is no denying that. The list of college signees is impressive and they should be proud. My daughter loves high school soccer, and is not ready to give that up. The biggest problem is the lack of options in south Florida. We would gladly move to Sunrise, but those teams are pretty much set. Weston and Boca aren't options with DA and high school. What other options are out there?
            Sunrise is the club that has so much success because they scout for the best players to make it stronger. All the teams are stacked with talent.

Comment

You're an εsshole. Why do you care if a kid, that isn't your kid, goes to a D1 or D3 school? What is the purpose in going to school? Is it to play soccer or is it to get an education?

You're right that D3 does not use a NLI. The only schools that do are D1, D2, NAIA, and NJCAA. Anybody with half of a brain, and you would be excluded from that population, knows that the D3 "signing" is strictly ceremonial and makes no pretenses in being binding. Those kid that are choosing to go D3 are "committing" in their own way. They are committing to the school, to a coach, a program, their education, and their future. A good many of them are also better players that those that choose to go to a school requiring the signing of a NLI. Don't think that that choosing to play at the D3 level makes a kid any less of a player, student, or person.

It obviously disturbs you that some kid choosing to go a little D3 school and is participating in a "signing" is stealing a little thunder from your Little Lucy. Get a life, loser.
              Billy, Billy, Billy. I love it when you come on here during lunch time. I push mine back just to fu*k with you. It is so painfully obvious that your ego cannot take any criticism. Look who is pontificating now! LMFAO.

Your ability to sell sh*t is over. No one believes it anymore. Look how you are trolling a Weston GDA thread to promote Team Boca. Has it gotten that desperate over there?

Take your own advice. Get a life, loser. And please, put on a shirt with some sleeves.

Comment

Oh Billy. Way too easy to flush you out and YOUR agenda. Pontificate? Ironic that you use that word. When a 'hood team like Sunrise is blowing you away in recruitment, that should be a major wakeup call. Four D1 schools? Congrats to those girls on being accepted for academics. How about the rest of your placements to Wagner, Andrews, and Polk State? Yeah. 10 years of club soccer and that's where you get them a spot?

I agree. I also invite the followers of this thread to do their own research and judge whether your post is driven by facts or by an obvious agenda of COMPLETE BULLSH*T.
                Not Billy, sorry. But you seem really obsessed with him and very angry and bitter. Not sure I want people like you around my kids. Or anybody's kids.

So you admit you made false statements in your previous post. I'll let our readers decide who is truly full of BS.

Comment

Do you rub your hard co*k after posting this? Or do you just stare at it?

Congrats to Sunrise. Now would you like to participate in the conversation or post more links? There is absolutely no way that Sunrise could take any more players on their roster. You already do not have enough field space.
                  CSU get a life. You tried to kick us off the Cypress fields but it did not happen. We have fields and top player’s to continue to be successful.

Comment

Never think that the rosters are set at Sunrise.
                    Sunrise has been built on the concept of hard working kids competing with each other in order to get better. This concept has never changed. The current U-19 group has committed 21 players. Not all of those players were top level starters. They just knew that if they worked hard then they would get on the field in order to get the maximum exposure. If your daughter isn't afraid to compete then have her come to tryouts.

Comment

Not Billy, sorry. But you seem really obsessed with him and very angry and bitter. Not sure I want people like you around my kids. Or anybody's kids.

So you admit you made false statements in your previous post. I'll let our readers decide who is truly full of BS.
                      Right. Not Billy, but you have immediate knowledge of Team Boca college commitments, right after you post about them being the best club option. You need to take a minute and get your story together. Your ego is getting in the way of your agenda.

Comment

Do you rub your hard co*k after posting this? Or do you just stare at it?

Congrats to Sunrise. Now would you like to participate in the conversation or post more links? There is absolutely no way that Sunrise could take any more players on their roster. You already do not have enough field space.
                        It's too bad that you feel so inadequate. You must have a microcock.

Comment

It's too bad that you feel so inadequate. You must have a microcock.
                          Hehe. That's funny. You know that I don't. Ask your wife.

…………………...- *" \ - "::*'\
                          ………………„-^*'' : : „'' : : : :: *„
                          …………..„-* : : :„„--/ : : : : : : : '\
                          …………./ : : „-* . .| : : : : : : : : '|
                          ……….../ : „-* . . . | : : : : : : : : |
                          ………...\„-* . . . . .| : : : : : : : :'|
                          ……….../ . . . . . . '| : : : : : : : :|
                          ……..../ . . . . . . . .'\ : : : : : : : |
                          ……../ . . . . . . . . . .\ : : : : : : :|
                          ……./ . . . . . . . . . . . '\ : : : : : /
                          ….../ . . . . . . . . . . . . . *-„„„„-*'
                          ….'/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . '|
                          …/ . . . . . . . ./ . . . . . . .|
                          ../ . . . . . . . .'/ . . . . . . .'|
                          ./ . . . . . . . . / . . . . . . .'|
                          '/ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .'|
                          '| . . . . . \ . . . . . . . . . .|
                          '| . . . . . . \„_^- „ . . . . .'|
                          '| . . . . . . . . .'\ .\ ./ '/ . |
                          | .\ . . . . . . . . . \ .'' / . '|
                          | . . . . . . . . . . / .'/ . . .|
                          | . . . . . . .| . . / ./ ./ . .|

Comment

You think Boca united or Weston will tell the parents , your girl probably won't get a lot of playing time , we will use them just to warm up our DA A team but we really want ur 2k and you may be a starter before you know it - it's a business !
                            They won't, you are right. and if they did say it, ignore it.
                            The good news is the DA requires that each player START 25% of games, so at a minimum, there is minimal opportunity there for kids to make their case on the game pitch.

Comment

This is the only stat that you need to know-

http://www.sunrisesoccer.net/current...sc-commitments

All of the girls on the above list played High School soccer if they wanted to.
                              No club in South Florida can even touch this list.
                              How many ACLs?

Comment

Billy, Billy, Billy. I love it when you come on here during lunch time. I push mine back just to fu*k with you. It is so painfully obvious that your ego cannot take any criticism. Look who is pontificating now! LMFAO.

Your ability to sell sh*t is over. No one believes it anymore. Look how you are trolling a Weston GDA thread to promote Team Boca. Has it gotten that desperate over there?

Take your own advice. Get a life, loser. And please, put on a shirt with some sleeves.
                                Davie Weston... Boca United- TBoca????

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X