Back of the Net is Terrible

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LM says he allows sexist posts to expose the posters lack of class. Yet he censors actual soccer related posts and tryouts that are inconsistent with the plans of his few paying sponsors.

Explain his logic to me please? Sexist comments are in and soccer comments are out?

PR is doing GDA ID clinics on LI and that would surly get censored but those girls playing soccer in bikinis gets through.

LM, you only have yourself to blame for the decline of your site.

Comment

Not from NY. What the heck is back of the net?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Not from NY. What the heck is back of the net?
        Back of the Net is a NY soccer chat board. It's proprietor Larry is an egotistical, biased and rude person. He censors all commentary that goes against his sponsors. This NY site on talking soccer has blossomed because many readers are tired of his crap.

Comment

LM says he allows sexist posts to expose the posters lack of class. Yet he censors actual soccer related posts and tryouts that are inconsistent with the plans of his few paying sponsors.

Explain his logic to me please? Sexist comments are in and soccer comments are out?

PR is doing GDA ID clinics on LI and that would surly get censored but those girls playing soccer in bikinis gets through.

LM, you only have yourself to blame for the decline of your site.
          What's the point of exposing a lack of class when all the posts are anonymous? LM is cra cra

Comment

LM still has the wrong LISJL alignments posted.

Comment

LM still has the wrong LISJL alignments posted.

LM is out of alignment with every social norm.

I see a few posts there today, mostly from the same posters. It seems even LM stopped with the anonymous posts he used to write to prop up traffic. Perhaps resigned to the inevitable, he seems to care little.

The funny thing is I think he actually shot himself and it wasn't about censorship.

He had a hugely active site that was read by the soccer masses mostly from local town clubs. The evolution of the game locally led to new leagues and for-profit trainer clubs that he gladly promoted for $$$.

The problem is most of his audience wasn't going to pay for that level of soccer so while the sport became profitable for a few private businesses the town teams saw decline, especially at the older age groups. The sport went from mostly multi sport athletes to specialization with the high degree of training required to succeed at that level.

I can tell you older kids have zero interest in soccer or posting about their experiences online or risk being flamed by the "cool kids" and their parents playing the private programs.

Of course it didn't have to be this way but by pandering to anyone with a checkbook while attacking the non-profit leagues and clubs, he along with his hack CJ killed all enthusiasm for the game.

Imagine a car forum for Chevy's being taken over by Mercedes owners flaming every Chevy owner for even wanting to talk about their inferior car. That is what happened here.

He actually killed his audience.

RIP BOTN

Comment

just drive the chevy and enjoy. Anyone that lets an anonymous form kill there interest in soccer is foolish. It is great game and with some effort, you can hopefully find a resonable situation for your player.

Kids (and parents) can be mean. they can mock the Mercedes and the Chevy. You need to teach your player pay no mind and enjoy the game.

Comment

BTON is now more terrible - LM "upgraded" it, which means it's basically just a new font and is almost unreadable now

Comment

BTON is now more terrible - LM "upgraded" it, which means it's basically just a new font and is almost unreadable now
                    If I hold it landscape on my phone it looks ok. When it's portrait mode it is awful. All the words crowd on to each other making it unreadable.

It wasn't the font that made people leave in droves, it was his censorship. LM forgot one cardinal rule, every bad customer experience leads to 20-50 negative interactions. Censor a parents comment or a coach wanting to post a tryout and they will tell a minimum of 20 people about their experience.

I know way more soccer people (and parents) than LM and I can honestly say I never met anybody that had a single nice thing to say about the guy, especially whose that dealt with him. That says something.

Comment

If I hold it landscape on my phone it looks ok. When it's portrait mode it is awful. All the words crowd on to each other making it unreadable.

It wasn't the font that made people leave in droves, it was his censorship. LM forgot one cardinal rule, every bad customer experience leads to 20-50 negative interactions. Censor a parents comment or a coach wanting to post a tryout and they will tell a minimum of 20 people about their experience.

I know way more soccer people (and parents) than LM and I can honestly say I never met anybody that had a single nice thing to say about the guy, especially whose that dealt with him. That says something.
                      OP here. Of course that is true. But is shows you how desperate and clueless he is.

Comment

Classic. Larry is a clown 🤡

I can't believe he's lasted this long. I am glad that this site exists just to stick it too him

Keep posting!

Comment

I haven't been to BOTN in awhile and after reading some posts in this thread I wandered over.

What's up with the Kermit the Frog green color? Does Larry think repainting the Nova is going to make it more attractive? He needs to turn the Nova in and upgrade to a message board website that is from the 21st Century.

I didn't see any overt NY Surf rah rah pompom shaking like last year. But I did catch one thread where LM was saying "IF everything pans out and IF Surf can recover from a disastrous rollout of over-reaching public relations tactics and the guaranteed promise of getting the GDA, it MIGHT get something more than it has now IF the stars are aligned properly and IF the gods are smiling down on Surf at that cosmic moment in time ...."

Frankly anything Surf gets now is second-tier leftovers. ECNL isn't going to be the same ECNL now that the "better players" are (supposedly) moving over to the GDA. Time will tell if the ECNL keeps producing various college and NT players.

The threads and posts have declined dramatically. I wouldn't be surprised if LM soon requires his advertisers to also have a "minimum click count" by their club's members.

Anyone else think LM kept the old posts just so he could go back and reminisce about the board's glory years?

Comment

I haven't been to BOTN in awhile and after reading some posts in this thread I wandered over.

What's up with the Kermit the Frog green color? Does Larry think repainting the Nova is going to make it more attractive? He needs to turn the Nova in and upgrade to a message board website that is from the 21st Century.

I didn't see any overt NY Surf rah rah pompom shaking like last year. But I did catch one thread where LM was saying "IF everything pans out and IF Surf can recover from a disastrous rollout of over-reaching public relations tactics and the guaranteed promise of getting the GDA, it MIGHT get something more than it has now IF the stars are aligned properly and IF the gods are smiling down on Surf at that cosmic moment in time ...."

Frankly anything Surf gets now is second-tier leftovers. ECNL isn't going to be the same ECNL now that the "better players" are (supposedly) moving over to the GDA. Time will tell if the ECNL keeps producing various college and NT players.

The threads and posts have declined dramatically. I wouldn't be surprised if LM soon requires his advertisers to also have a "minimum click count" by their club's members.

Anyone else think LM kept the old posts just so he could go back and reminisce about the board's glory years?
                            He promised the Surf the world and I firmly believe he hurt them more than he helped them. No one trusts anything he says. Surf has a lot of credibility around the country, but non here in the NY market thanks to BotN. If they could do it over, LM would never have been contacted.

Comment

He promised the Surf the world and I firmly believe he hurt them more than he helped them. No one trusts anything he says. Surf has a lot of credibility around the country, but non here in the NY market thanks to BotN. If they could do it over, LM would never have been contacted.
                              Which raises the question of what kind of organization would put that much faith in an Internet blogger?

Comment

Which raises the question of what kind of organization would put that much faith in an Internet blogger?
                                As a Surf parent, Larry has made us look bad, but Surf really does the right thing for the players. We are happy, but we may have a decision to make in Surf does not get ECNL or DA in Westchester. Haven't been promised anything. Have hope though.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X