End of an era for the BOWDEN's and Fuller Hamlets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder what FH will do? With their fields and them still having soccer contacts they could try and rebuild starting with a youth academy. The problem that I see with that is they have already missed the boat with NEP/NEC and would be looking at a long road back to just being able to compete in a town travel league. Not to mention they would be competing with Fortis who already exist in that market and even if they get past that they still would be at a big disadvantage with existing Premier clubs already established in their area, (GPS, Liverpool, NEFC, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I wonder what FH will do? With their fields and them still having soccer contacts they could try and rebuild starting with a youth academy. The problem that I see with that is they have already missed the boat with NEP/NEC and would be looking at a long road back to just being able to compete in a town travel league. Not to mention they would be competing with Fortis who already exist in that market and even if they get past that they still would be at a big disadvantage with existing Premier clubs already established in their area, (GPS, Liverpool, NEFC, etc.)
      They will do what Everton did this past derby-lose to Liverpool

Comment

Some decent players, aggressive, but mostly played the long ball game to speedy forwards. Definitely have players that can play possession in the midfield, but consistently play kick and run.
        Be honest, Decent HS level players, no one with any outstanding technical skill. Even the top players from this team will be irrelevant even at the npl level. Good move for them, to get some exposure, but most likely too little too late to catch up skill wise.

Comment

That train has left the station. Best odds are they will sell the real estate and live off the cash.

Comment

That train has left the station. Best odds are they will sell the real estate and live off the cash.
            I love prognosticators...

Comment

There's part of the problem that led to the end. MB had multiple chances to sell off the hay field he called a practice field and build a super complex elsewhere. In one case the land developer offered a land swap and would do the initial grading on a really nice piece of property adjacent the town soccer fields, but MB was too greedy and the deal died.

Comment

There's part of the problem that led to the end. MB had multiple chances to sell off the hay field he called a practice field and build a super complex elsewhere. In one case the land developer offered a land swap and would do the initial grading on a really nice piece of property adjacent the town soccer fields, but MB was too greedy and the deal died.
                In the end, the fields will be taken away, MB refuted that he owed RE TAXES on the fields.

Comment

What a tragic end. MBjr runs the club into the ground and then looses 2mil of prime real estate because he couldn't pay the taxes!

Comment

What a tragic end. MBjr runs the club into the ground and then looses 2mil of prime real estate because he couldn't pay the taxes!
                    The TAXman commeth

Comment

The TAXman commeth
                      There will be buyers...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X