Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have you? I just looked at the list and I must have missed those schools. I learned that there are lots of schools that I have never heard of .... And they even have intercollegiate sports teams apparently. Any schools that you have heard of must be having paid appearances and I doubt they have any spots to fill for This year or next.
    again with the lists??? most coaches register the day of, so they get the pass for parking and some free stuff and most are there looking at specific kids that they are already in contact with
    that doesn't mean they won't see something else they like while they are there. don't knock it, the truth is if you are looking for top 10 D1 talent you're spending your time out west or down south

Comment

again with the lists??? most coaches register the day of, so they get the pass for parking and some free stuff and most are there looking at specific kids that they are already in contact with
      that doesn't mean they won't see something else they like while they are there. don't knock it, the truth is if you are looking for top 10 D1 talent you're spending your time out west or down south
      Yeah, sure they do. The list for the ECNL showcases are phenomenal a month or more prior to the event. I am sure some coaches sign up at the last minute, but don't give us the smoke and mirrors or fake promises that "if you hold it, they will come". They will not and do not for these sorry has-been events. NEWSS coach attendance is awful (not to mention its a stupid weekend to hold a tournament ..... college season just ended and its a holiday) and CASL and Jeff Cup are so much smaller than they used to be (especially CASL considering NC's stance on tricky gender issues .... good luck getting open-minded and PC universities and state colleges to attend events there). Sorry, you keep telling everyone that Jesus, the Pope and Congress will be at these events, but please provide a final and conclusive list of attendees after the events have passed. We will be underwhelmed.

Comment

Every college coach goes to PDA Showcase.

Comment

Ah, good times!

Comment

Ah, good times!

Zombie thread - Why? Why? Why?

Comment

Zombie thread - Why? Why? Why?
              Because it's winter, there's no games to talk about and people are getting bored

Comment

How is indoor season going for YU? Crushing your opposition? What do you think about next year, when the strongest OW players will not be playing in your NPL league?

Comment

How is indoor season going for YU? Crushing your opposition? What do you think about next year, when the strongest OW players will not be playing in your NPL league?
                  Where do they play indoor? When we were there they didn't at all - in fact they barely had indoor practices in the winter - but that was a few years back now.

Comment

Where do they play indoor? When we were there they didn't at all - in fact they barely had indoor practices in the winter - but that was a few years back now.
                    No clue. FSA ECNL and NPL don't play indoor after U14. Maybe not playing indoor is a thing?

Comment

Insport in Trumbull. And at Eversons.

Comment

Insport in Trumbull. And at Eversons.
                        Practices or actual games? (not that anyone cares much about winter indoor stuff. Just as FSA and Sporting lol)

Comment

Practices or actual games? (not that anyone cares much about winter indoor stuff. Just as FSA and Sporting lol)
                          There is no such thing as an actual game indoors in the winter. My YU kid played 3 times a weekfor most of the winter including futsal
                          Thats probs too much when you include hoops

Comment

No clue. FSA ECNL and NPL don't play indoor after U14. Maybe not playing indoor is a thing?
                            YU parent. We practiced indoors all winter in Trumbull. Clubs realize that indoor leagues are an expensive waste of time. You get better play practicing against your own club than playing pop up premier and travel teams indoor. Don't get me started on the OW indoor league.

Comment

YU parent. We practiced indoors all winter in Trumbull. Clubs realize that indoor leagues are an expensive waste of time. You get better play practicing against your own club than playing pop up premier and travel teams indoor. Don't get me started on the OW indoor league.
                              Not quite. FSA owns its own indoor facility and the kids don't play games, know why? 1) Sporting beats them sometimes and it looks bad. 2) FSA players have already paid, so that money is in the bag. So, FSA teams would take away $$$$ that come from other customers.

Comment

Actually, playing in an indoor league during the winter is a very good thing. You get to play a different style of the game with the smaller dimensions (even more touches if you play somewhere with boards) and you keep that competitive edge. Our winters are too long to do nothing but train.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X