Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida Soccer Mom/Dad Must Read

You know its a problem with soccer in general, and especially Florida youth soccer.
    We see it every day on this forum.
    Personally, you know it pertains to you, so resolve to change now.
    psychologytoday.com/us/blog/anxiety-files/201511/coping-your-envy-turning-envy-its-head

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You know its a problem with soccer in general, and especially Florida youth soccer.
    We see it every day on this forum.
    Personally, you know it pertains to you, so resolve to change now.
    psychologytoday.com/us/blog/anxiety-files/201511/coping-your-envy-turning-envy-its-head
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-envy-its-head

Comment

Im a parent of a player who played in FL and then moved over to the West Coast states.
      The peurile pettiness and envy of FL parents (and the corruption and stupidity of FL coaches) is hard to understate. It seems the younger the age group, the worse the stupidity and corruption.

Soccer = Politics in FL.

I was once at a DA game for my son in Kendall.
      A USMNT scout was at the game, he was a regular at FL DA games.
      As soon as he walked out onto the field from his car to cross the field towards the coaches on the other side, about a half dozen Kendall parents in the stands began calling him over by name as if he was their best friend, with paper pamphlets, flyers, CDROMs, thumb drives of their superstar Evidently training for second careers as corrupt DC lobbyists.

Truly the dust bin of the USA.

Grow up Florida. Parents in the other states dont do this - their players earn invites by what they do on the field. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

Comment

Im a parent of a player who played in FL and then moved over to the West Coast states.
        The peurile pettiness and envy of FL parents (and the corruption and stupidity of FL coaches) is hard to understate. It seems the younger the age group, the worse the stupidity and corruption.

Soccer = Politics in FL.

As soon as he walked out onto the field from his car to cross the field towards the coaches on the other side, about a half dozen Kendall parents in the stands began calling him over by name as if he was their best friend, with paper pamphlets, flyers, CDROMs, thumb drives of their superstar Evidently training for second careers as corrupt DC lobbyists.

Grow up Florida. Parents in the other states dont do this - their players earn invites by what they do on the field. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.
        Your story sounds like it's completely made up crap.

PS. Somehow we're supposed to believe that parent's personalities change simply because they're not from FL. Have you ever been to a showcase? If yes you'll know there are equality idiot parents from NY, NJ, TX and GA (Atlanta) etc.

Comment

PS. Somehow we're supposed to believe that parent's personalities change simply because they're not from FL. Have you ever been to a showcase? If yes you'll know there are equality idiot parents from NY, NJ, TX and GA (Atlanta) etc.
          I have to agree with poster came from west to fl. While I haven’t seen people handing out flyers the Florida parents are truly insane and delusional. Civil unrest as soon as you hit the parking lot at any given match. Kids love doing there tricks on the field and the parents go crazy for it. I see parent encouraging it in the parking lots before games with there kids. Conceptually kids have no clue how to play soccer. Also the coaching level here is really piss poor this isn’t Da soccer it’s a speedy version of Rec soccer.

Comment

Soccer = Politics in FL.

Great post. Your spot on. Everything is political here.. starting with Florida ODP .. personally have seen wealthy kids never show up for a single tryout but mysteriously would be at Alabama camp or even selected to to regional list. Very different here. You parents are pathetic. Obsessed with your kids soccer. Get a life

Comment

played all over the country and sorry Florida, the quality here is the worst, worst coaching, worst parents, and the most selfish players with low soccer IQ, and it rolls down hill. It's why the refs are sooo bad. No one in their right mind would want to ref with the way that parents react and yell and interject after every throw in , goal kick, corner, and never mind if they think there was a foul, offsides, handball. This would never be tolerated in other states we have played, parents would be told to stay home.

Comment

played all over the country and sorry Florida, the quality here is the worst, worst coaching, worst parents, and the most selfish players with low soccer IQ, and it rolls down hill. It's why the refs are sooo bad. No one in their right mind would want to ref with the way that parents react and yell and interject after every throw in , goal kick, corner, and never mind if they think there was a foul, offsides, handball. This would never be tolerated in other states we have played, parents would be told to stay home.
                And yet college coaches, you know, those professionals whose opinion actually count still manage to recruit from Florida. Amazing how that works.

Comment

Sorry but 100% true story. When it happened I remember feeling guilty for a brief moment I never whore myself out for my son that way, but only a brief moment. I also talked with my son about it on the drive home. Years later it still sticks in my mind as a lowlight of our youth soccer experience. We never saw anything remotely similar out west after we moved and I believe it is clearly a FL soccer culture problem.

Comment

Sorry but 100% true story. When it happened I remember feeling guilty for a brief moment I never whore myself out for my son that way, but only a brief moment. I also talked with my son about it on the drive home. Years later it still sticks in my mind as a lowlight of our youth soccer experience. We never saw anything remotely similar out west after we moved and I believe it is clearly a FL soccer culture problem.
                    And in fact, its even worse than I outlined. The program he went to had 5-6 NT players in the various age groups, 3 of them on his team. I was able to see about a dozen of his games over the 3 years he was there yet that entire time I only saw and met one of the NT player parents that entire time. They had regular adult lives they tended to on weekends and at that age, they left the soccer to their kids.

Comment

And in fact, its even worse than I outlined. The program he went to had 5-6 NT players in the various age groups, 3 of them on his team. I was able to see about a dozen of his games over the 3 years he was there yet that entire time I only saw and met one of the NT player parents that entire time. They had regular adult lives they tended to on weekends and at that age, they left the soccer to their kids.
                      Yes. This is so true. Once my kid became an elite player, as a parent, I just stopped caring. I don’t even bother going to games. It’s just too boring. My daughter is on a team with 14 National Team players on it. She got asked but is not interested. We’d just rather watch Netflix at home instead, cause, well, we’re not from FL and that’s just how us non-Floridians roll.

Comment

Apparently they don’t realize the parents in Florida are mostly Xny’ers, xnj’ers, etc...

Comment

Apparently they don’t realize the parents in Florida are mostly Xny’ers, xnj’ers, etc...
                          yea. the ones with the brains and common sense. take a look at ny and NJ soccer.. nothing like this down here..

Comment

I have to agree with poster came from west to fl. While I haven’t seen people handing out flyers the Florida parents are truly insane and delusional. Civil unrest as soon as you hit the parking lot at any given match. Kids love doing there tricks on the field and the parents go crazy for it. I see parent encouraging it in the parking lots before games with there kids. Conceptually kids have no clue how to play soccer. Also the coaching level here is really piss poor this isn’t Da soccer it’s a speedy version of Rec soccer.

You are spot on !!! I call da a better version of kickball or a better **** show..the closest we have to high level soccer in Florida would be inter Miami ..all the rest are garbage...shame because we have have alot of talented players from Orlando to Tampa who are trapped in this crap training and coaching...

Comment

I'm sorry this is the real world foe all you coaches, parents, players, refs, DOC's and everyone else associated with the game. Yes parents are out of control but you better learn now how to coach, ref and play with screaming people in the stands because it doesn't get any better in college and the pro's. If you cant handle parents screaming from the sidelines, they maybe go and coach golf. I heard that you have to be pretty quiet at every stroke.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X