X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. They would never let it happen.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Agreed, hopefully this will be the way forward. PDA is building up their white teams, and will give top players at MF to get out. If PDA white is as strong as PDA Blue, MF should be dropped. MO may be onto something

Comment

My daughter was offered a spot sight unseen at PDA White ECRL. She also attended tryouts at STA and WC. She was offered a spot on the GA team at STA and ECRL at WC. We live in Passaic County so the commute is a little shorter to WC than PDA. What do you think? We are not soccer savvy people, but want to do what's best for our daughter. WC seems to be the least expensive and has the nicest complex (PDA parking lots are hellish) That's all the information we have, lol. STA was our first choice, but seems like if we turn down an opportunity at either PDA or WC we may never have a chance to get back there if we choose incorrectly
      I would say ECRL at WC seems to be the better of the three situations without more information, especially since you've already seen WC (coaches, complex, etc). Has she attended a practice?

Comment

No brainer. STA. Never RL.

My daughter was offered a spot sight unseen at PDA White ECRL. She also attended tryouts at STA and WC. She was offered a spot on the GA team at STA and ECRL at WC. We live in Passaic County so the commute is a little shorter to WC than PDA. What do you think? We are not soccer savvy people, but want to do what's best for our daughter. WC seems to be the least expensive and has the nicest complex (PDA parking lots are hellish) That's all the information we have, lol. STA was our first choice, but seems like if we turn down an opportunity at either PDA or WC we may never have a chance to get back there if we choose incorrectly

Comment

RL takes everyone’s money sight unseen. Should tell you something.

Comment

Try Dynamite FC they will compete in much better league than RL, that league is a joke from a competitive perspective

Comment

Go with World Class and work yourself up. STA is going down the hill and coaches aren't as good as they seem.

Comment

Go with World Class and work yourself up. STA is going down the hill and coaches aren't as good as they seem.
                Agreed, good advice...but remember no place is perfect.

Comment

I would say ECRL at WC seems to be the better of the three situations without more information, especially since you've already seen WC (coaches, complex, etc). Has she attended a practice?
                  She did attend practices at both STA and WC. The WC team she attended with was their ECNL team, and she was obviously not at that level, but the coach said she did show promise. She was at the level of the STA team, and we felt she would would be a strong player on that team, but again, we are her parents

Comment

Thanks. I hope STA really isn't going downhill. The coach who invited her was a nice guy at STA

Comment

Ok Definitely STA then

She did attend practices at both STA and WC. The WC team she attended with was their ECNL team, and she was obviously not at that level, but the coach said she did show promise. She was at the level of the STA team, and we felt she would would be a strong player on that team, but again, we are her parents

Comment

My advice is plz plz plz don’t ask for advice on a soccer forum from creepy parents and blood sucking coaches. Do your research read up on all the programs. Go with what fits you best. Some of these clubs are bait and switch . If your daughter feels comfortable with certain players , club and coach go with that. She is the one who will have to spend the most time with them . Most the parents on here have no athletic ability and live through their kids.

Comment

Why "never RL"? if GA is not established why is it better than RL? Just trying to navigate this. RL has a path forward to ECNL, what will the path be if GA fails? I get that this really is a biased forum, but I'm hoping if people make statements like "Never RL", they can give examples of why. I did the research on the U18 RL team at WC, and their players are committed to some impressive schools. Obviously there is nothing on the STA site for GA players so I would love to hear why that is the league to go with.

Comment

My advice is plz plz plz don’t ask for advice on a soccer forum from creepy parents and blood sucking coaches. Do your research read up on all the programs. Go with what fits you best. Some of these clubs are bait and switch . If your daughter feels comfortable with certain players , club and coach go with that. She is the one who will have to spend the most time with them . Most the parents on here have no athletic ability and live through their kids.
                            OK lol, thank you

Comment

Do research where? Read up where? Where on earth is there a place to get unbiased information about soccer clubs? The best you can do is see what leagues they play in. Even individual game results can be misleading. And looking at recruit stats is also misleading as girls can play six years at one club, move over in hs and get recruited and the new club gets the accolade.

Comment

Go to WC. Give your daughter room to grow. STA is a dead end. My daughter plays 2007 and I have nothing but great things to say about the organization.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X