University of Tampa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the numbers are going in the wrong direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Try to reach out to the coach or program regarding anything (player interest, visit, basic questions about the program, etc.). Crickets. You might expect this from a prestigious DI school, but UT? Our kid experienced the coach’s arrogance when she was at FGCU. But, there the program could back it up with results.
      Experienced the same. Initially got some interest at a tournament. Coach invite to the campus. Called, emailed, text...nothing. Went to their ID camp, notified the coach in advance, and got a response. Everything went great. Invited back again to overnight with a player and practice with the team. Call, email, text...nothing. Daughter gave up. Club DOC calls her in and asks why she is not reaching out to the UT coach. They are very interested and ready to offer. Started the same process over. Call, email, text...same results...no responses. Head coach? Ok, I get it. But the assistants? This is UT, not Duke, UNC, or UF. Heck, it is not even FGCU or FAU. Coach expressed strong interest 3 times. Either horribly unorganized or a masochist.

Comment

Wow. Sounds familiar. Kid was ODP and interested, but coach said she wouldn’t even talk unless kid came to camp. Sounded too much about the bucks and “I don’t have time for you” so we moved on. Kid ended up at DI in another location.

Comment

Wow. Sounds familiar. Kid was ODP and interested, but coach said she wouldn’t even talk unless kid came to camp. Sounded too much about the bucks and “I don’t have time for you” so we moved on. Kid ended up at DI in another location.
          If you think the women’s coaches are bad, ladies and gents I give you AB and Mo. Losing season after losing season!

Comment

If you think the women’s coaches are bad, ladies and gents I give you AB and Mo. Losing season after losing season!
            UT is a good place for a college player who wants to network with TBU people and wiggle into a coaching job after school.

Not so much if you want to be a successful player long-term.

That being said, if you land at a place like UT, you play, have some fun, get an education, then graduate as a Junior TBU mafioso. Play your cards right and you might make DOC in a few years!

Comment

UT is a good place for a college player who wants to network with TBU people and wiggle into a coaching job after school.

Not so much if you want to be a successful player long-term.

That being said, if you land at a place like UT, you play, have some fun, get an education, then graduate as a Junior TBU mafioso. Play your cards right and you might make DOC in a few years!
              "Not so much if you want to be a successful player long-term." What does "long-term" look like? WNT or MNT? Playing pro in Europe? Getting on an NWSL or MLS team? I don't think anyone with those ambitions would consider UT so what is your point?

Comment

UT

Good little program

Comment

To be fair, it’s two losing seasons for UT men in a row, before that 5 winning seasons so calm down. Better question on women’s side with all complaining on this site about UT and Lynn, how does DF still have the job at Eckerd? Hasn’t had a winning season since 2012, every year it’s basically 6 wins or so. Does Eckerd really care if they compete in SSC?

Comment

To be fair, it’s two losing seasons for UT men in a row, before that 5 winning seasons so calm down. Better question on women’s side with all complaining on this site about UT and Lynn, how does DF still have the job at Eckerd? Hasn’t had a winning season since 2012, every year it’s basically 6 wins or so. Does Eckerd really care if they compete in SSC?
                    The majority of these FL D-II women's programs have poor coaching. Eckerd, Lynn and UT are being coached by people that are not at the level.

Comment

The majority of these FL D-II women's programs have poor coaching. Eckerd, Lynn and UT are being coached by people that are not at the level.
                      Eckerd is being coached by a former national team player. Can’t say anything about the other two though.

Comment

Don Tobin was the last good coach they had

Comment

Eckerd is being coached by a former national team player. Can’t say anything about the other two though.
                          Diego Maradona was the best player in the world at one time, and is a pretty terrible coach. Being a good player doesn’t always mean you’ll be a good coach. And if so many teams in this conference are being coached by terrible coaches then why can’t DF win more games?

Comment

My daughter has talked with this coach twice now at two different tournaments. There is a strong interest, but the communication is very weird. My daughter will send emails and texts, but get no reply. Then her club coach tells my daughter to contact the UT coach because of a phone call or conversation they had. She does it again and still no reply. My daughter is a junior, so there are no restrictions on communication.

Any recommendations?

Comment

My daughter has talked with this coach twice now at two different tournaments. There is a strong interest, but the communication is very weird. My daughter will send emails and texts, but get no reply. Then her club coach tells my daughter to contact the UT coach because of a phone call or conversation they had. She does it again and still no reply. My daughter is a junior, so there are no restrictions on communication.

Any recommendations?
                              Does your daughter play ODP? because that is the route to UT.

Comment

Any recommendations?
                                Don't take it personally. All these coaches are talking to many, many girls at once and receive hundreds of emails especially before after tournaments. If she is truly interested, she should just keep trying to reach him. They won't be offended for someone trying and showing interest.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X