Club change mid season

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OW does this all the time with no rebate. However, OW's agreement makes no provision for the number of players or costs based on number of players.

Comment

Originally posted by Spursct View Post
      And a legal waiver won't protect the club in a lot of situations. If the club contracts with an indoor facility and a kid rips his knee because of a bad seam in the indoor turf, then I would think the parents have a case against either the club, the facility or perhaps both. Time and time again, the legal advice we've been given as club leaders are that waivers are a good idea for frivolous and litigated minded parents, but they won't hold against a more real grievance.
      You are now changing the game because of negligence which could certainly override a legal waiver, but where is the owners negligence when you agreed to pay for your kid to be a training player on team x? Did you get your train g gear and training?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        OW does this all the time with no rebate. However, OW's agreement makes no provision for the number of players or costs based on number of players.
        yeah, because the coach see's none of that money directly.

Comment

yeah, because the coach see's none of that money directly.
          But it is frustrating when your team adds a couple of players, be it for a tournament or the season, and though your kid now gets less coaching and less time, your fees remain static. And, if the coach has a kid on your team, there is even less time. Still, $1500k less than FSA.

Comment

So you're a Spurs fan, either a current or former club president, premier club coordinator and district representative with CJSA. I think the IT guy can figure out who you are? Wait, Wait, maybe not....
            It's funny how "IT Guy" has joined the T.S. lexicon alongside "yankee hater man" and "cfc scumbags guy"

Comment

It's funny how "IT Guy" has joined the T.S. lexicon alongside "yankee hater man" and "cfc scumbags guy"
              Don't forget Ginga man!

Comment

You people are conflating all of these separate issues: player contracts, liability waivers, player passes.

Some of you are hung up on the question of whether people should pay their full-year tuition when they leave mid-year. I don't know if you should or shouldn't. I'm sure in some cases there are many good reasons why the parents should pay up and in other cases parents should not pay and should even feel entitled to a refund of what was already paid. I'm not going to wade into those case-by-case decisions other than to say people should generally honor their contracts whether spoken, written or implied. Club, parent and player.

The issue of player pass is completely separate and for one simple reason: the club has no authority to hold the player hostage with a roster assignment. The club can hold the player's full-year payment hostage. They can threaten to sue the parents. They can refuse to return a soccer ball that the kid left at practice. But they have no authority to ignore the parental demand that the player's name be taken off the roster. It's just not one of the things they can do. If they act maliciously by not dropping the player from the roster they are setting themselves up for sanction by the national governing bodies of youth soccer (US Club and US Youth) as well as the state governing body (CJSA). In addition, they could be sued by the parents with expensive consequences.

The question of whether players should leave a club paid in full is completely different from the question of whether the club can screw with the family by leaving the kid on the roster.

Comment

Yeah....what he just said....lol.

Comment

You people are conflating all of these separate issues: player contracts, liability waivers, player passes.

Some of you are hung up on the question of whether people should pay their full-year tuition when they leave mid-year. I don't know if you should or shouldn't. I'm sure in some cases there are many good reasons why the parents should pay up and in other cases parents should not pay and should even feel entitled to a refund of what was already paid. I'm not going to wade into those case-by-case decisions other than to say people should generally honor their contracts whether spoken, written or implied. Club, parent and player.

The issue of player pass is completely separate and for one simple reason: the club has no authority to hold the player hostage with a roster assignment. The club can hold the player's full-year payment hostage. They can threaten to sue the parents. They can refuse to return a soccer ball that the kid left at practice. But they have no authority to ignore the parental demand that the player's name be taken off the roster. It's just not one of the things they can do. If they act maliciously by not dropping the player from the roster they are setting themselves up for sanction by the national governing bodies of youth soccer (US Club and US Youth) as well as the state governing body (CJSA). In addition, they could be sued by the parents with expensive consequences.

The question of whether players should leave a club paid in full is completely different from the question of whether the club can screw with the family by leaving the kid on the roster.
                    That is true, but it doesn't mean that clubs won't try what they can to create parental fear. Yes they will be in trouble if they refuse a release. But they can take their sweet time.

Good reason to do a switch well before the spring season starts - you don't want your player missing games on his/her new team because there isn't a pass, even if it really is just a paperwork snafu.

Comment

latest update

Originally posted by Silent-Knight View Post
                      This will probably turn into a major flame topic, but here goes. My child is a training player on a premier team. But has the opportunity to become a roster-ed player with another club. There is no guarantee my child will make the roster in the winter indoor season or the spring with her current team. But, is guaranteed a spot now with the other. Does anyone know what the potential ramifications of her current team could be and what is everyone's opinion on a mid-season move like this?
                      In case anyone was wondering what happened, my child did make the switch to the other team. Her previous club not only released her with little to no argument, but was also gracious enough to give us part of our money back, which I was expecting none. My child is extremely happy, not only to be playing, but be playing with a team that my child loves.

Comment

In case anyone was wondering what happened, my child did make the switch to the other team. Her previous club not only released her with little to no argument, but was also gracious enough to give us part of our money back, which I was expecting none. My child is extremely happy, not only to be playing, but be playing with a team that my child loves.
                        Traitor.

Comment

Liar!

Comment

It sounds like they are happy to replace her. Next! The assembly line rolls on.

Comment

It sounds like they are happy to replace her. Next! The assembly line rolls on.
                              Yes refunds are usually attainable if there are a few players on a wait list.

Comment

Congrats

But remember, you were a training player. An extra source of revenue that either came in late in the process or didn't impress enough for the coach to take on from the start. So the coach either realized he wouldn't take you on going forward because he wouldn't cut another player to bring your kid on full time, or he was actually doing what was best for your kid. That, including the refund part, rules out yankee as the club your kid was at. You couldn't pry a penny out of their cold dead hands and they would never do what is right for the kid

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X