Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Men who wear their socks over the knees and man buns...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men who wear their socks over the knees and man buns...

Have at it....

I'm a college coach at a D1 school. I immediately stop paying any serious attention to any boy with a bun in his hair.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I'm a college coach at a D1 school. I immediately stop paying any serious attention to any boy with a bun in his hair.
      Utter nonsense!

Comment

The two worst soccer fashions.

Comment

Utter nonsense!
          Not nonsense. A coach has to find insight into a player based on minimum info. The man bun, to me, symbolizes a player who is saying, "Look at me". And that tells me that he may not be the team player we look for. That is why Zlatan did not last at Barcelona. I am not the only one who feels this way.

Comment

Not nonsense. A coach has to find insight into a player based on minimum info. The man bun, to me, symbolizes a player who is saying, "Look at me". And that tells me that he may not be the team player we look for. That is why Zlatan did not last at Barcelona. I am not the only one who feels this way.
            I know a DIII coach, at a very good program, that bailed on a kid wearing tights. I think tights are worse than the sock thing!

Comment

Where do you stop? Neck tatts? Earings? Bright-colored boots? Yellow streaks shaved in their head?

I'm as vanilla as it gets (it's amazing how many shades of tan there are out there...) and think all of the above (including the man-bun and high socks) are ridiculous.

But, to eliminate someone based on their expressions is stupid. This isn't 1950 Russia.

Comment

Why would anyone wear a sock over a man bun?

Comment

Why would anyone wear a sock over a man bun?
                  Good one

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EChnZTJicw

Comment

So you wouldn't want Zlatan Ibrahimović or Gareth Bale on your team?? What an archaic way of judging someone.

Comment

This conversation is stupid and anyone that says that they wouldn't take a player on their team because the way that he wears his hair or socks is stupid as well. If a player can play, they can play. Attitude and the manner in which a player carries himself is a lot more important than trivial fashion statements.

The OP is trolling.

Comment

Not a coach lol but there is the reality of functionality. Man buns and other devices for long hair fail on the field. It happens ALL THE TIME with girls and the few men that have long hair. You don't want anything to be a distraction, even briefly, for 90 minutes.

Asthetically I admire a man who can rock nice long hair with confidence. In reality few have lucious locks - it's more often guys losing their hair trying desperately to hold on to what they are losing. I'm speaking mostly of non athletes. You know the kind - they have a scraggly thin long pony tail in back with hardly any hair in front

Comment

This conversation is stupid and anyone that says that they wouldn't take a player on their team because the way that he wears his hair or socks is stupid as well. If a player can play, they can play. Attitude and the manner in which a player carries himself is a lot more important than trivial fashion statements.

The OP is trolling.
                            My son's team gave their biggest scholarship to a boy with a manbun. Sophomore year he went transgender and now plays on the girls side. On our dime!

Comment

Have at it....
                              Hopefully no hair gets on the ball...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X