Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    One of the few Americans who do not always patronize Ellis and the WNT.
    I don't patronize. I am rooting for them though, because I am just that....an American. I don't think it's a clear cut road for them.

How many WC's did he win? How many Olympic Golds? What exactly did he win? Yet, he speaks like he is the authority. Some of it is believing in your eyes instead of your heart so I get that point, but you can't be the authority on something that you never did.

Comment

I don't patronize. I am rooting for them though, because I am just that....an American. I don't think it's a clear cut road for them.

How many WC's did he win? How many Olympic Golds? What exactly did he win? Yet, he speaks like he is the authority. Some of it is believing in your eyes instead of your heart so I get that point, but you can't be the authority on something that you never did.
      Seeing that the best women’s team in the world can’t beat 15 year old boys, any former men’s pro can speak from a place of authority during the wwc

Comment

Those women, like all rabid liberals, are American by birth. That's about it. As far as Lalas goes, I'd just add smarmy to smug when describing him. Just can't take the guy.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2291465]
          Do we really have to put up with a month of this self absorbed dolt?[/QUOTE
          Best defender to wear the stars and strips a true patriot. His passion and wisdom are without question. The US could build a true WC team around him to this day. All hail the ginger boss.
          oh my. he wouldn't get called into a regional camp today.

Comment

You can be as biased as you want as a fan. For commentators I want to hear some objective analysis. The former USWNT players rarely have any negative things to say about the USA. Some of that is fine. Someone else should. Lalas does. I don’t particularly like his style, but he does say some things that need saying.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2517956]

oh my. he wouldn't get called into a regional camp today.
              And couldn't touch Balboa in his day.

Comment

You can be as biased as you want as a fan. For commentators I want to hear some objective analysis. The former USWNT players rarely have any negative things to say about the USA. Some of that is fine. Someone else should. Lalas does. I don’t particularly like his style, but he does say some things that need saying.
                yeah, I think it's just his style that sucks. it's great to have an opinion! but the problem is that lalas acts as if he was handed the tablets on sinai himself. so it's easy to tune out his bombast even if he has a nuanced argument buried somewhere deep within.

i mean, as others have said, fox soccer is just so terrible generally, they should just burn it down and start again. nbcsn has managed to create such a superior product in so many ways.

anyway, who watches the pre/post game anyway? so many superior podcasts available.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X