World Cup Coming Back to North America

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's on first base in regards to automatic qualifying...

Gianni Infantino earlier today said it was CONCACAF’s decision.

Now Carlos Cordeiro says it’s FIFA’s decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Yes that's what's been reported by soccer journalists, Concacaf gets to decide

It's a moot point with the bump up to 48 teams
      With 48 teams not a big deal to give all three a slot. Better for TV ratings and attendance as well if the host countries are playing, even if just the first round. Let's not pretend some decisions aren't financially driven

Comment

Who's on first base in regards to automatic qualifying...

Gianni Infantino earlier today said it was CONCACAF’s decision.

Now Carlos Cordeiro says it’s FIFA’s decision.
        As I mentioned before, it's FIFA's decision. They might decide to let Concacaf choose, but it's up to FIFA.

Comment

With 48 teams not a big deal to give all three a slot. Better for TV ratings and attendance as well if the host countries are playing, even if just the first round. Let's not pretend some decisions aren't financially driven
          I'd not give the USA an automatic bearth. Those guys are just entitled wankers. Just ask anyone in Mexico or Canada.

Comment

I'd not give the USA an automatic bearth. Those guys are just entitled wankers. Just ask anyone in Mexico or Canada.
            Maybe by then we'll have a team that earns a slot, not just a pity spot.

Nah.....who am I kidding!

Comment

Is there a group of death this World Cup? I think not. Maybe, just maybe, Group F?

Comment

As I mentioned before, it's FIFA's decision. They might decide to let Concacaf choose, but it's up to FIFA.
                Better tell Gianni

Comment

Is there a group of death this World Cup? I think not. Maybe, just maybe, Group F?
                  It's too early to tell where the group of death will be in 2026

Comment

Better tell Gianni
                    I did. I slapped him and made him buy me a beer. He's embarrassed by his mistake. He used the wrong words, but he owns them.

Comment

I did. I slapped him and made him buy me a beer. He's embarrassed by his mistake. He used the wrong words, but he owns them.
                      What an Infantino

Comment

are people happy as fans to go see games or happy because they think its going to have a lasting impact on soccer in the USA ?

Comment

are people happy as fans to go see games or happy because they think its going to have a lasting impact on soccer in the USA ?
                          I’m sure people are happy about it for many different reasons. Most obviously, the ability to go see some games as experience a tremendous soccer atmosphere, potentially the Finals in NJ. Why aren't you happy about it?

Comment

both. Building a soccer culture won't happen over night. But the more people get exposed to the game, get excited about having WC here the better. It will have been 30 years since we had it last. Not many people in the US will ever get a chance to see top international teams play each other. Same time zone is good for TV too. Russia games are on during work hours here so few will watch even if they want to.

Comment

Go see games. Soccer will always be a third-tier men's sport in the USA.

Comment

Go see games. Soccer will always be a third-tier men's sport in the USA.
                                Yawn.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X