Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Let me ask you this. Isn't the exact same thing that's going to happen to players on the U13 "ECNL" team at CFC? CFC is going to find the best kids possible for that ECNL team. There won't be any loyalty to those that have been with that branch for years.

Same exact concept at OW. The only difference is that with the Academy several players opted to leave the program. For most it worked and having known the families, I couldn't be more pleased for them.

end of story.
    You miss the point. The question was about OW developing players. The evidence provided shows OW does not.

The end.

There is no claim made that the evidence shows anything about any other club and the post makes no claims about any other club. If you want to do that, fine, so you go get the evidence to back up your theory. However, your guesses about what other clubs may or may not do has no bearing on the discussion of OW and the evidence presented.

Comment

Woah there. It is known than many players - who were NPL up until this year - moved to FSA and CFC United. That isn't dumping. That is a willingness to leave for something higher level than what OW had at the time. Unless you survey all those players and ask them why they left and where they went, you cannot say they were dumped. Stop making sh*t up
      No OW kids showed up on my daughter's ECNL team over the past few years and it doesnt sound like many have on any others either (I don't recall any at FSA).

Comment

No OW kids showed up on my daughter's ECNL team over the past few years and it doesnt sound like many have on any others either (I don't recall any at FSA).
        FSA 00s and 01s got a few, a couple of years back.

Comment

FSA 00s and 01s got a few, a couple of years back.
          I dont think so. Got initials and when this happened?

Comment

Not off the top of my head. A couple from EB's team back when on the 00s, and a kid last year who got on to the 01s without a tryout, and I think one more on the 01s.

Comment

2004. Definitely pre ECNL buyout. Since they bought S+ the teams have gotten worse.

Comment

2004. Definitely pre ECNL buyout. Since they bought S+ the teams have gotten worse.
                Nope. It was post ECNL.

Comment

My last kid aged out of youth soccer this year.

She is going on to play college at a good school that she picked for academics (no athletic scholarship), so that makes me proud. My kids have played for CFC, OW, and FSA over the past dozen years, so I've enjoyed an interesting perspective on CT's youth soccer environment. On this forum, I was aggregator man, anti-CIAC guy ("athletic wares!"), as well as the guy who brought you the stats on OW's turnover of players, et al. So, I've had some fun in here.

I do plan to hang around moving forward, but will try to focus on the adult sport, MLS, the Prem, and national teams. I'll be here for the World Cup, again, of course. And, I might troll some of the youth soccer threads, as well, because, you know, entertainment.

But, you'll be pleased to know that my participation will be less.

Good luck to all of you, your kids, their teams, and their clubs. And, God bless all the know-it-all azzhat U12 parents who fade into TS as I fade out.
                  To take the time to type all this, I can only wonder what your personal life is like. One good thing, your personality won't be roaming the youth soccer sidelines. dbag

Comment

Not off the top of my head. A couple from EB's team back when on the 00s, and a kid last year who got on to the 01s without a tryout, and I think one more on the 01s.
                    I dont recall 1. I do know a few FSA kids from these age groups that went to OW though (at least 3 and maybe 4).

Comment

You miss the point. The question was about OW developing players. The evidence provided shows OW does not.

The end.

There is no claim made that the evidence shows anything about any other club and the post makes no claims about any other club. If you want to do that, fine, so you go get the evidence to back up your theory. However, your guesses about what other clubs may or may not do has no bearing on the discussion of OW and the evidence presented.
                      I believe you fail miserably in attempting to use player movement between clubs as any indication of any club's contribution to individual player growth and development.

All your evidence shows is that kids move between clubs. It provides no information as to the primary causal factors of these moves and if, in fact, these moves led to any direct individual growth on the player level.

If fact, in all the time these OW aggregation argument has been floating around, no one has ever provided any direct data or evidence that shows a clear relationship between individual player growth and club choice.

It's a contrived argument.

Comment

I believe you fail miserably in attempting to use player movement between clubs as any indication of any club's contribution to individual player growth and development.

All your evidence shows is that kids move between clubs. It provides no information as to the primary causal factors of these moves and if, in fact, these moves led to any direct individual growth on the player level.

If fact, in all the time these OW aggregation argument has been floating around, no one has ever provided any direct data or evidence that shows a clear relationship between individual player growth and club choice.

It's a contrived argument.
                        70% of OW players leave OW in the U15 timeframe. Some quit soccer. All leave Ow. Some are cut. Some just leave.

These players were OW players, trained by OW. They were big, fast, and skilled relative to their peers at one point. Ow has failed to take this advantage and build on it, develop it. OW is taking 70% new kids because those new kids are better than the OW trained kids, in skills, interest, or both.

OW doesn't develop. Period.

Comment

70% of OW players leave OW in the U15 timeframe. Some quit soccer. All leave Ow. Some are cut. Some just leave.

These players were OW players, trained by OW. They were big, fast, and skilled relative to their peers at one point. Ow has failed to take this advantage and build on it, develop it. OW is taking 70% new kids because those new kids are better than the OW trained kids, in skills, interest, or both.

And the flow is out of OW to nowhere, not leaving to step up to a better club/program/league.

Comment

And the flow is out of OW to nowhere, not leaving to step up to a better club/program/league.
                            ECNL clearly the top league especially in the Northeast.

Comment

CFC doesn't develop. Period.

FSA doesn't develop. Period.

BS doesn't develop. Period.

Yankee doesn't develop. Period.

Sporting doesn't develop. Period.

Clubs don't develop players. Period.

Players develop themselves. Coaches provide a culture that should be intent on inspiring the players personal motivation to be the best that they can be.

This is not about clubs. It's about players and coaches.

Comment

CFC doesn't develop. Period.

FSA doesn't develop. Period.

BS doesn't develop. Period.

Yankee doesn't develop. Period.

Sporting doesn't develop. Period.

Clubs don't develop players. Period.

Players develop themselves. Coaches provide a culture that should be intent on inspiring the players personal motivation to be the best that they can be.

This is not about clubs. It's about players and coaches.

don't worry you will develop someday you hairless needle dik

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X