Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not quite goodbye, but aging out

My last kid aged out of youth soccer this year.

She is going on to play college at a good school that she picked for academics (no athletic scholarship), so that makes me proud. My kids have played for CFC, OW, and FSA over the past dozen years, so I've enjoyed an interesting perspective on CT's youth soccer environment. On this forum, I was aggregator man, anti-CIAC guy ("athletic wares!"), as well as the guy who brought you the stats on OW's turnover of players, et al. So, I've had some fun in here.

I do plan to hang around moving forward, but will try to focus on the adult sport, MLS, the Prem, and national teams. I'll be here for the World Cup, again, of course. And, I might troll some of the youth soccer threads, as well, because, you know, entertainment.

But, you'll be pleased to know that my participation will be less.

Good luck to all of you, your kids, their teams, and their clubs. And, God bless all the know-it-all azzhat U12 parents who fade into TS as I fade out.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

She is going on to play college at a good school that she picked for academics (no athletic scholarship), so that makes me proud. My kids have played for CFC, OW, and FSA over the past dozen years, so I've enjoyed an interesting perspective on CT's youth soccer environment. On this forum, I was aggregator man, anti-CIAC guy ("athletic wares!"), as well as the guy who brought you the stats on OW's turnover of players, et al. So, I've had some fun in here.

I do plan to hang around moving forward, but will try to focus on the adult sport, MLS, the Prem, and national teams. I'll be here for the World Cup, again, of course. And, I might troll some of the youth soccer threads, as well, because, you know, entertainment.

Good luck to all of you, your kids, their teams, and their clubs. And, God bless all the know-it-all azzhat U12 parents who fade into TS as I fade out.
    do us all a favor, don't hang around anymore. In fact, go lie down in the middle of the highway

Comment

Now that you don't have a horse int he race, perhaps you can be objective ..... especially with kids that have played at so many of the state's biggest clubs. It's hard not to get sour or excited about comments that appear targeted at our kids or their choices, but perhaps you can now be a voice of reason.

Comment

Now that you don't have a horse int he race, perhaps you can be objective ..... especially with kids that have played at so many of the state's biggest clubs. It's hard not to get sour or excited about comments that appear targeted at our kids or their choices, but perhaps you can now be a voice of reason.
        He never was the voice of reason so don't expect him to change. The site is really focused on youth soccer. Hanging around when your kid is out of the system is weird.

Comment

He never was the voice of reason so don't expect him to change. The site is really focused on youth soccer. Hanging around when your kid is out of the system is weird.
          Kind of like the BoY Scout leader that sticks around long after his kids are gone...

Comment

Creepy. Plus with no kid in the system he won't know what's going on, so how is he a good observer? He needs to move on to "mykidplaysincollege.com" and obsess over there.

Comment

I found you to be one of the better posters here. The aggregation stats on Oakwood was the best. The Oakwood crowd had no answer at all for that one and you at least backed it up with facts.

Good luck to your daughter

Comment

do us all a favor, don't hang around anymore. In fact, go lie down in the middle of the highway

oh that Matt Cameron can get angry at your OW stats. Stick around

Comment

oh that Matt Cameron can get angry at your OW stats. Stick around
                  This has to be a great start to the week for Matt Cameron!

Most of aggregation man's data pre-dates Matt's involvement on the girl's side.

Honestly, at this point OW is a non factor on the girl's side. It's a niche club serving very small numbers. Works well for kids in Hartford area that are willing to give up HS to support the one kid that might have a shot at the National team. For everyone else it is a ridiculous proposition.

Comment

When someone tells you that they played for every club in CT you know they were the parents of kids who rode the bench at each club because the coaches did not recognize the talent of his kid. This will not be the voice of reason

We have stuck with the same club even though playing time is always an issue because we understand that soccer is just a game and not worth the hassle of dragging the kids to every location in CT to find out the grass is not greener and the players are all the same.

The only voice of reason in the one in your head.

Comment

So this is my first post. If you would please post your real name, and if not that then how about the name of your psychiatrist so we can at least stay away from then if we want real help. You really think anyone cares about your posts?????????

Comment

So this is my first post. If you would please post your real name, and if not that then how about the name of your psychiatrist so we can at least stay away from then if we want real help. You really think anyone cares about your posts?????????
                        Why be such a jerk? The OP's post was a heck of a lot more reasonable and decent than yours.

Pretty sure the OP's first name is Rick :-)

Comment

We have stuck with the same club even though playing time is always an issue because we understand that soccer is just a game and not worth the hassle of dragging the kids to every location in CT to find out the grass is not greener and the players are all the same.
                          That's one way to do it. Good for you. Which club?

Comment

When someone tells you that they played for every club in CT you know they were the parents of kids who rode the bench at each club because the coaches did not recognize the talent of his kid. This will not be the voice of reason

The only voice of reason in the one in your head.
                            My kids played for different clubs because they have different levels of skills, different psyches, and different wants out of soccer. Two were more serious and one not so much it seems. One club did not meet all of our kids needs/wants.

Comment

Thank you for your contributions to this site "aggregator man" - you will be missed.

Well, I've been afraid of changin'
                              "Cause I've built my life around you
                              But time makes you bolder
                              Even children get older
                              And I'm getting older, too
                              Oh, I'm getting older, too....

See you down the road....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X