Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Also, with few exceptions the best u12s are more often than not the top 16 and 17 year olds
    Not true on the boys' side.

Comment

Agree with you completely. Even girls is pretty questionable.

Comment

Agree with you completely. Even girls is pretty questionable.
        I'd say it's "mostly true" but certainly not entirely. I've seen some players who were kind of part time soccer players when they younger turn into great ones later one. They realize that's "their" sport and put in the time and effort behind it. Some younger studs are also bigger/more athletic and they rely on that and don't put the effort into their skill development. By HS they get passed by more skilled soccer players.

Comment

I'd say it's "mostly true" but certainly not entirely. I've seen some players who were kind of part time soccer players when they younger turn into great ones later one. They realize that's "their" sport and put in the time and effort behind it. Some younger studs are also bigger/more athletic and they rely on that and don't put the effort into their skill development. By HS they get passed by more skilled soccer players.
          We’re saying the same thing. Read the original post about this, it said (paraphrasing) that the best u12 are more often than not, the best at 16-17 too. I am disagreeing with this statement completely. I think that the best at young aged are rarely the best at HS ages.

Comment

Or the girls. It is the middle tier kids at u12 who excell at the u17-u18 age groups historically...Michael Jordon is more the rule than the exception...look at any sports currently covering ukulele athletes, very rare we see the in the pros.

Comment

Or the girls. It is the middle tier kids at u12 who excell at the u17-u18 age groups historically...Michael Jordon is more the rule than the exception...look at any sports currently covering ukulele athletes, very rare we see the in the pros.
              What is a ukulele athlete?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X