Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I think this really depends: (a) on the school/coach, and (b) the level of the player. If it is a DA player and not a NT player, I think it could.
    Based on....what?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
      The kid in NH goes to public school. The kid in MA goes to private school.
      This might fall on the schools. Another poster asked whether outside competition is permitted.

Comment

I think the bottom line is this. Some teams played kids in DA who are on high school teams. There is a lot of anger about this, but why not just let the clubs, US Soccer, and the participants sort it out. It shouldn't affect our kids, we all have to make choices, and if someone in the crazy town of soccer wants to break the rules, you are not going to fix the person.

Comment

I think the bottom line is this. Some teams played kids in DA who are on high school teams. There is a lot of anger about this, but why not just let the clubs, US Soccer, and the participants sort it out. It shouldn't affect our kids, we all have to make choices, and if someone in the crazy town of soccer wants to break the rules, you are not going to fix the person.
          Hey, I’d like to think that if they catch enough heat, they put an end to it. I prefer we all follow the rules they laid out in our contracts. But that’s just me 😉

Comment

That would be great if 1) USSF cared (they don't) 2) the clubs cared (the good ones do; the ones more desperate do not)

Comment

Hey, I’d like to think that if they catch enough heat, they put an end to it. I prefer we all follow the rules they laid out in our contracts. But that’s just me 😉
              ^^^ this. It seems to me that they have been exposed and will catch heat. I understand the anger, though.

Comment

OK, to answer the first guy, I was kidding about actually cheating too. Called Sarcasm. It’s in the dictionary. And yes, we are very happy with our decision so far. My kid is playing HS and enjoying quite a bit, and will return to the NPL team in Nov. But by turning down DA, there is naturally some second guessing, that we are making our path for college recruiting a bit tougher. As much as it sucks, and how stupid it is, college coaches are apt to be more wooed by the DA/ECNL letters, thanby NPL. So yeah, it kind a chaps my hide that there are others who are getting the opportunity to do both ILLEGALLY and the club is complicit.

To answer the guy I quoted, if you cannot see the difference between what I laid out above and how many fries you get at McDonald’s, then you are an idiot. Otherwise you are just a douche and probably one of the parents involved in the cheating.
                Different poster here - if USSF wants to create this uber-professional, soccer-serious environment with lots of rules and regs then clubs and players should be held accountable. It's tough to take something seriously if some of the participants or organizers do not. It encourages others to do the same. Based on all the comments it also obviously ticks a lot of paying customers off as well.

Comment

Different poster here - if USSF wants to create this uber-professional, soccer-serious environment with lots of rules and regs then clubs and players should be held accountable. It's tough to take something seriously if some of the participants or organizers do not. It encourages others to do the same. Based on all the comments it also obviously ticks a lot of paying customers off as well.
                  It definitely undermines their whole "its about development" spiel. Hard to take ANYTHING they say seriously when stuff like this just highlights once again that its all about winning games. And we wonder why the USSF cannot do any better than US Club/USYS in developing NT talent. Same ole same ole.

Comment

It definitely undermines their whole "its about development" spiel. Hard to take ANYTHING they say seriously when stuff like this just highlights once again that its all about winning games. And we wonder why the USSF cannot do any better than US Club/USYS in developing NT talent. Same ole same ole.
                    All it proves is players want to be supehstahs for their high school teams

Most DA can live without one good players more easily than a high school team can

Comment

Most DA can live without one good players more easily than a high school team can
                      Simple solution... Then go play HS and don’t play DA at same time. No one is stopping any kid from doing that.

Comment

But DA isn’t living without them. They are letting them play DA games when they are on waiver for prep, and should not be playing DA until Nov. Totally undermines every public stance the DA stands for.

Comment

Simple solution... Then go play HS and don’t play DA at same time. No one is stopping any kid from doing that.
                          That is what is supposed to happen but only if you got a waiver for private school. Public school kids are SOL. I think that is what also touches a nerve with this controversy - private school kids get special treatment vs public. Yes I understand kids shouldn't be denied educational opportunities, but not one is going to die if they don't play DA either. If USSF really doesn't want them to play HS it should be for all players, no exceptions. Without that there will continue to be tension on this issue.

Comment

That is what is supposed to happen but only if you got a waiver for private school. Public school kids are SOL. I think that is what also touches a nerve with this controversy - private school kids get special treatment vs public. Yes I understand kids shouldn't be denied educational opportunities, but not one is going to die if they don't play DA either. If USSF really doesn't want them to play HS it should be for all players, no exceptions. Without that there will continue to be tension on this issue.
                            All true, but public school kids can still play HS, if they do not do DA at all. Touch choices, but one my kid had to make. Doing both at same time is not allowed for public and privates.

Comment

She’s no supehstah, so to anger her teammates makes it that much worse.

Comment

What BS. First off, the Club does it. Secondly, how is it impacting the development of other players? Bottom line is the USSF BIGGEST mistake was assuming that CLubs are run by people who have a development agenda. They are run by people who want to win games, usually by any means necessary, because parents buy in to that and that how you make $$$

its a culture problem, not a USSF problem

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X