X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope Solo says don’t vote for US World Cup bid

https://www.apnews.com/3aaecf7f83da4...-World-Cup-bid

I just hope she can keep her pants on long enough to matter again....

#sourgrapes

Comment

Who cares what she thinks

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Why???

Comment

I just hope she can keep her pants on long enough to matter again....

#sourgrapes
          Every time I see or hear of Hope Solo, I think about roast beef.

Comment

She is right though. MLS should be opened up with promotion/ relegation. The owners are the only ones that benefit from the current situation.

Comment

She is right though. MLS should be opened up with promotion/ relegation. The owners are the only ones that benefit from the current situation.
              But they're also the ones investing in the sport. The issue of promotion/relegation is outside whether or not the US should get the bid. It would be great to have the WC back here again, get fans in the stands and continue to build a soccer culture

Comment

But they're also the ones investing in the sport. The issue of promotion/relegation is outside whether or not the US should get the bid. It would be great to have the WC back here again, get fans in the stands and continue to build a soccer culture
                That's is not what it takes to build a soccer culture. You sound like one of the typical Americans that gets all wet when the World Cup is around in the red white and blue is in it

Comment

That's is not what it takes to build a soccer culture. You sound like one of the typical Americans that gets all wet when the World Cup is around in the red white and blue is in it
                  We don't have to be in it to generate enthusiasm. Like the poster said, get fans in the stands for games featuring top international teams, how them what the sport is all about. I went to two games in 94' and had a ball, got hooked.

Comment

Of course that is not a "silver bullet" that automatically builds a soccer culture, but if the US is in the World cup more families will watch it, and that will expose more Youths to soccer and some soccer enthusiasm. I believe that is a step towards building a soccer culture.

Comment

Sorry Hope. WC 2026 USA!

Comment

Sorry Hope. WC 2026 USA!
                        No one cared what she had to say anyway. Getting 2026 is good for US soccer. Maybe by then we'll have a team that would actually qualify instead of getting the host country pity slot

Comment

We don't have to be in it to generate enthusiasm. Like the poster said, get fans in the stands for games featuring top international teams, how them what the sport is all about. I went to two games in 94' and had a ball, got hooked.
                          Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
                            just like your comment

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X