Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaching out to coaches - Tournaments, Showcases

When playing in a tournament and the schedule of the games depends on the win/loss of a games played, how should a player reach out to coaches to watch them play if they don’t know the schedule until games are played?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    When playing in a tournament and the schedule of the games depends on the win/loss of a games played, how should a player reach out to coaches to watch them play if they don’t know the schedule until games are played?
    Email or text the coach when the game time and field is announced.

Comment

If you haven't been in touch yet, do as much of the leg work up front as you can by sending an introductory email, resume/bio, video. Explain to the coach you don't know the schedule yet, and ask what is their preferred method to send it to them - email or text. You player needs to remember to tell them as soon as schedules are known

Comment

Spot on.

Comment

If you haven't been in touch yet, do as much of the leg work up front as you can by sending an introductory email, resume/bio, video. Explain to the coach you don't know the schedule yet, and ask what is their preferred method to send it to them - email or text. You player needs to remember to tell them as soon as schedules are known
          If it’s before Sept 1st if Junior year you can’t ask them anything as they cannot reply. Email is typically the best bet for communicating schedules

Comment

I can't believe a question was asked on TS and answered with legit replies. There is hope!

Comment

I can't believe a question was asked on TS and answered with legit replies. There is hope!
              It's mostly entertainment, even foolishness, but the rare nugget of info keeps them coming back for more.

Comment

One, most coaches don't stick around for 'playoffs' in a Showcase. They recognize that watching the 4th or 5th game in a weekend is not a great use of time.

Two, When communicating with the coach give him the link to your team and simply mention that there are playoffs.

My son tends to go with sending the link since the schedules change very often.

Comment

One, most coaches don't stick around for 'playoffs' in a Showcase. They recognize that watching the 4th or 5th game in a weekend is not a great use of time.

Two, When communicating with the coach give him the link to your team and simply mention that there are playoffs.

My son tends to go with sending the link since the schedules change very often.
                  Father of 2 college D1 players here. I would concur. Don't sweat them coming to later games. By day 3 of any showcase the coaches are mostly gone. For example where you might have 50-75 coaches on the sideline for the Saturday morning game by Sunday afternoon that number is usually down to less than 10 and by Monday morning its usually down to 1 or 2, if any. I would suggest that if a coach is more than mildly interested in your child that they will make a point to see either your first or second game of the weekend because they all know that once you get past that everyone's play starts to get ragged.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X