Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smithtown Parents unite

if your child plays in Smithtown, please say something to the fix the dangerous field conditions at Moriches road.... it is a broken ankle/knee about to happen. When the coach says something, he is told they cannot do anything, the town has to do something....a lot of finger pointing instead of spending a $200 to fill some dirt and grass seed.... I guess it has to wait until it makes news 12 that someone got hurt and it could have been avoided.....

all the boards kids are playing on turf and I guess don't care about the younger ones who are forced to play on the grass fields...so unite loudly and wake them up!!

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    if your child plays in Smithtown, please say something to the fix the dangerous field conditions at Moriches road.... it is a broken ankle/knee about to happen. When the coach says something, he is told they cannot do anything, the town has to do something....a lot of finger pointing instead of spending a $200 to fill some dirt and grass seed.... I guess it has to wait until it makes news 12 that someone got hurt and it could have been avoided.....

all the boards kids are playing on turf and I guess don't care about the younger ones who are forced to play on the grass fields...so unite loudly and wake them up!!
    Turf fields are more dangerous that grass even crappy grass

Comment

Typical.

Comment

In general we will not get away from turf fields..... but I have seen some of the grass field, I should say most and they are really bad.... you want your 12 year old running flat out to chase down a ball and have his foot go into hole and blow his knee out... Not great for the formative years of soccer...

Comment

smithtown parents unite? on a forum where less than 3% of smithtown parents even knows exsists? Im not saying your point isnt valid but your either spinning your wheels or trying to talk negative about a club without really wanting fix the issue. either way, get off the internet and drum up support the old fashioned way ...phone peers ,actually go to the field an talk to people, go to a board meeting...........that brings up another question, before you rushed to the internet have you gone to a board meeting to voice your complaint?

Comment

In general we will not get away from turf fields..... but I have seen some of the grass field, I should say most and they are really bad.... you want your 12 year old running flat out to chase down a ball and have his foot go into hole and blow his knee out... Not great for the formative years of soccer...
            Please people have been playing on grass for centuries

Stepping into a uneven spot on the field doesn't blow out a new. It may cause an ankle issue

What blows out a knee is when the leg grips before a quick movement else where. That happens on turf all the time. What blows a knee out is structural issues in the hips and lower legs

Comment

smithtown parents unite? on a forum where less than 3% of smithtown parents even knows exsists? Im not saying your point isnt valid but your either spinning your wheels or trying to talk negative about a club without really wanting fix the issue. either way, get off the internet and drum up support the old fashioned way ...phone peers ,actually go to the field an talk to people, go to a board meeting...........that brings up another question, before you rushed to the internet have you gone to a board meeting to voice your complaint?
              The reason I did post it is that myself and several people have spoken to the board president and the head of travel and the response about the town fixing it was their response and it was out of their hands. One parent called the parks department and they had nothing on their list of requests from the club. We were there at the beginning of last season and parent on the sidelines went to home depot and bought bags of dirt to fill in the treacherous spots. 6 months later that is all that has been done. Sometimes when you put their inaction on a public forum it gets to the right spot and can help...... so before you judge, walk in someone's else shoe first...

Comment

The reason I did post it is that myself and several people have spoken to the board president and the head of travel and the response about the town fixing it was their response and it was out of their hands. One parent called the parks department and they had nothing on their list of requests from the club. We were there at the beginning of last season and parent on the sidelines went to home depot and bought bags of dirt to fill in the treacherous spots. 6 months later that is all that has been done. Sometimes when you put their inaction on a public forum it gets to the right spot and can help...... so before you judge, walk in someone's else shoe first...
                Duh-Smithtown and lips about the money -NOT THE KIDS-but the money

Comment

Yeah, I have been getting that feeling

Comment

Dude, he has a lock on Smithtown and Sachem...He is a full time teacher and training is suppose to be part time.... 50 some odd teams and trainers....You think the board would have enough money from the kickbacks he gives them to fix their fields...

Comment

BINGO!!! Lips is making a small fortune. If he cares about the kids like he says he does ask him to put a little money into the fields..Lips makes a TON

Comment

Smithtown Parents unite

I think the real message and bigger picture here is that the Kickers don't own the facility. If several concerned community members write about their concerns to both the Town of Smithtown and the Smithtown Parks Department who have the ability to fix it then some action could be taken. Local politicians like to be reelected.

Comment

Smithtown Parents unite

I think the real message and bigger picture here is that the Kickers don't own the facility. If several concerned community members write about their concerns to both the Town of Smithtown and the Smithtown Parks Department who have the ability to fix it then some action could be taken. Local politicians like to be reelected.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X