Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hate to tell you but she was in the "for profit" group. Coaches often separate players into one with their top prospects (who usually scrimmage with current players) and one with all the rest. Group two helps their budget. Sometimes a stud in group two shines and gets moved up. If they hadn't seen her play yet it's not surprising she wasn't in the top group. But the fact that they never showed up to watch her and never moved her at the event isn't a good sing. Sorry to be a bummer, but the reality it the process will usually have a lot of disappointment
    They didn't move anyone, I was a little surprised bc they're were definitely some really good players. My D is playing in a pretty good flight at Jeff Cup (2nd), any advice on how to get the coaches to show up?

Comment

They didn't move anyone, I was a little surprised bc they're were definitely some really good players. My D is playing in a pretty good flight at Jeff Cup (2nd), any advice on how to get the coaches to show up?
      What year is your daughter? And what level ID clinic did she go to, D1, D2 or D3? Remember, all the rules have changed so things that were the norm last year are not so anymore. Everything is pushed back a year.

Comment

What year is your daughter? And what level ID clinic did she go to, D1, D2 or D3? Remember, all the rules have changed so things that were the norm last year are not so anymore. Everything is pushed back a year.
        She's a 2004 and it was a D1 Maac school ID clinic

Comment

She's a 2004 and it was a D1 Maac school ID clinic
          There is your answer. They are focusing on 03's now.

Comment

There is your answer. They are focusing on 03's now.
            Yup. The time table is different now than before the changes. It adds to the stress but really it's the best thing for players and programs. This spring will be the time coaches get the 04s on their short lists for summer ID event invites. Be patient 04 dad.

Comment

Yup. The time table is different now than before the changes. It adds to the stress but really it's the best thing for players and programs. This spring will be the time coaches get the 04s on their short lists for summer ID event invites. Be patient 04 dad.
              I agree as well. On the positive side, the fact that your kid attended this clinic as an 04 will be a plus when the coach looks at how interested he thinks a player is in their program when they look more closely at 04s in the coming months. Showing more interest can be a good influence when the coach starts whittling down his list.

Comment

See if her club coach can reach out to the college coach. Of course, a club coach isn't going to be willing to cast a wide net for a player, so D will need to be selective in targeting which schools she will want club coach to reach out to.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X