Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The 2 directors of SCA share an old car. Haha not sure who this thread is aimed at but better luck next time. These guys actually seem to be about football- not like other directors in the state. It’s refreshing in honesty. One of them reached out to our club after a recent tournament. Why you guys hating on them so much?
    They called players on our team after the team was made. Any coach that does this gets a bad rap.

Comment

did SCA every get into a league ?
      The one with tom hanks

Comment

Just got word my daughters 06 team will be traveling up north all fall to play in the second division of PSPL.
        http://psplsoccer.com/_element_displ...D1566346637301

Comment

Just got word my daughters 06 team will be traveling up north all fall to play in the second division of PSPL.
          I hope the $2300 a year includes the windowless van rides...

Comment

Right on. Seriously glad it work out. Do you still get to play home games here?

I don't know, is that a competitive league; on par with ?????

Comment

I hope the $2300 a year includes the windowless van rides...
              It does not. It’s 14 trips to Seattle to play in the second tier.

Comment

It does not. It’s 14 trips to Seattle to play in the second tier.
                3rd Tier

OYSA is actually better

Comment

3rd Tier

OYSA is actually better
                  OYSA premier is better than RCL these days, now that the "big five" Puget Sound clubs are in (B)ECNL.

Comment

3rd Tier

OYSA is actually better
                    Long drive to Issaquah to play the Gunners B team, which is the equivalent of Thusc’s C team.

Comment

Lordy - when I see the stuff our club gets raked over the coals for on and these guys are traveling to Spokane for games for the 50th toughest team in Washington, despite saying all freakin summer that they had a way into OYSA. . . this scammers were completely full of crap.

Maybe that is actually an indictment of our big clubs - doesn't matter whether Alliance or Nike - that parents will still follow SCAmmers into the desert for only god knows how many years just to have something to believe in.

Comment

Are Timbers making any money on running the non profit leagues and cups?
                        We are not to talk about that. Stand down immediately.

Comment

Lordy - when I see the stuff our club gets raked over the coals for on and these guys are traveling to Spokane for games for the 50th toughest team in Washington, despite saying all freakin summer that they had a way into OYSA. . . this scammers were completely full of crap.

Maybe that is actually an indictment of our big clubs - doesn't matter whether Alliance or Nike - that parents will still follow SCAmmers into the desert for only god knows how many years just to have something to believe in.
                          yeah, except no trips to spokane. have fun in medford....

Comment

yeah, except no trips to spokane. have fun in medford....
                            Well, good luck.

Comment

parents will still follow SCAmmers into the desert for only god knows how many years just to have something to believe in.
                              It used to be "club soccer" was about better than rec., playing year round. Raising the standard. Coaches that knew the game. Back in the 80's and 90's that's what it was. If you liked soccer, if your kid liked soccer... it was just much more fun.

Of course it became perverted. Where there is money there are charlatans.

Instead of a good time and good product, it became pyramids and a package deal to the pro's, D1 and NT. All you have to do is buy this, pay for this, do this. Everyone was special, if you buy this. Coaches buy it too. This license, now that one. Excuse me, can I get a discount on some Samba Classics with that?

Comment

Congratulations? That sure is a lot of driving to play in the second tier league. I'm not bashing, but that's what it is. And to the commenter who said have fun going to Medford, it's one thing to have to go to Medford twice a year at most (once in fall and once in spring). This is driving north SIX times - to the Seattle area 5 times and to Spokane once. I really hope the parents who signed on to this knew what they were getting into. This isn't about posturing and "my club is better than yours." This is about people being scammed (no pun intended with the thread title at all).

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X