Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It is not probably - it is fact. and? How many kids do you know that are planning to go to Stanford and play soccer? Zero? One? A kid would have to a lot of rare qualities all in the same package. I know kids with the academic chops but not the soccer chops. Kids with the soccer chops but not the academic chops. Kid with both but they do not want to play soccer in college. You have to have the whole package and obviously very few do.
    Dude put Rutgers in that mix. It is considered by many as an Ivy. PDA players are total package good enough to play for a high end athletic and academic institution like Rutgers. That’s prob why you don’t see them going to places like Stanford, Virginia etc. the best of the best is right here in their back yard.

Comment

Dude put Rutgers in that mix. It is considered by many as an Ivy. PDA players are total package good enough to play for a high end athletic and academic institution like Rutgers. That’s prob why you don’t see them going to places like Stanford, Virginia etc. the best of the best is right here in their back yard.
      For strong academic students in NJ looking to attend an Ivy League or other elite academic institution, Rutgers is a safety school or not even a consideration.

Comment

Someone put drugs into your Koolaid! Lol!!!!

How did that first round bounce out of the postseason go?
        Best of the best! State school= Ivy? What???? Lolololol!

Comment

Extremely small and PDA is one of the best. Can you imagine if you’re at an STA or CSA, the chances of playing for a high major D1 are prob less than 1%. Put that in perspective.....
          At least on girls side PDA is attempting to hide their horrible development track record by blocking other clubs.

Interesting how on Boys side, CSA has 3 clubs admitted to the new league.

Comment

At least on girls side PDA is attempting to hide their horrible development track record by blocking other clubs.

Interesting how on Boys side, CSA has 3 clubs admitted to the new league.
            Dude, they are not trying to hide the monopoly. It is really sad, they don't want the competition. PDA is the graveyard for girl's skills and development in the NE. They recruit the best kids from other clubs and teach them to be super aggresive. When they play highly skilled teams who are not scared by the athletic and physical PDA style then you see the difference. Complete contrast in soccer IQ, skills and game adjustments.

Comment

Remember the 11

Comment

Remember the 11
                Hey can you come to the LI GLA forum and take your crazy PDA soccer mom back. She is stinking up the place.

Comment

Fwiw, MIT athletic coaches have almost zero influence with their admissions office. If someone is committed to play sports at MIT, they must have gotten in without any assistance from the coach. Very impressive.
                  Sure,but not really a testament to soccer. Thats the point. OP is comparing a school that is hard to get into academically with a state school that is pretty easy to get into. Compare MIT level kids (academically) to soccer players with the ability to get into schools like Stanford, UVA, USC, UCLA, UNC, FSU etc and play.

Every bit s impressive and just as rare.

Comment

Extremely small and PDA is one of the best. Can you imagine if you’re at an STA or CSA, the chances of playing for a high major D1 are prob less than 1%. Put that in perspective.....
                    this is the flawed argument. PDA is NOT one of the best when to comes to players who have the ability to actually get into the schools that combine high academics with top soccer.Thats all about the individuals. Those special kids would do well at MANY clubs. PDA may offer more exposure for some players, but the kids you are talking about really dont need it

Comment

Troll alert

Comment

Sure,but not really a testament to soccer. Thats the point. OP is comparing a school that is hard to get into academically with a state school that is pretty easy to get into. Compare MIT level kids (academically) to soccer players with the ability to get into schools like Stanford, UVA, USC, UCLA, UNC, FSU etc and play.

Every bit s impressive and just as rare.
                        Yes, all of this goes to the original point that D3 commitments are on par with the variety of D1/D2 commitments, and recognition and celebration of those D3 commitments is no less deserving.

Comment

Yes, all of this goes to the original point that D3 commitments are on par with the variety of D1/D2 commitments, and recognition and celebration of those D3 commitments is no less deserving.
                          not sure what on par means in this context. Ver few people are honest enough to say, My D committed, but this was not her first choice. Parents and families are free to celebrate whatever they want, but the rest of us dont have to. Im happy for anyone who is happy with the choices they made, but the assumption that you spend thousands of dollars and hours to acquire a skill at a level that does not really move the needle is strange to me. The social side of soccer is big for certain girls and i think this can lead to them wanting to continue.

All good, but like the guy who is impressed by kids smart enough for MIT, i only really impressed soccer wise by the kids who get into the elite soccer schools and actually play.

Comment

not sure what on par means in this context. Ver few people are honest enough to say, My D committed, but this was not her first choice. Parents and families are free to celebrate whatever they want, but the rest of us dont have to. Im happy for anyone who is happy with the choices they made, but the assumption that you spend thousands of dollars and hours to acquire a skill at a level that does not really move the needle is strange to me. The social side of soccer is big for certain girls and i think this can lead to them wanting to continue.

All good, but like the guy who is impressed by kids smart enough for MIT, i only really impressed soccer wise by the kids who get into the elite soccer schools and actually play.
                            Someone wrote this: "I’m sure some people may not like this comment but I never understood the grand high school celebration commitment/letter of intent day for kids going to play at a D3 schools. It just feels like a little bit of the every one gets a trophy culture. And I’m not talking about a group 2 HS, I’m talking big group 4 HS.

Tommy is going to play baseball at some obscure D3 school in Arkansas that no one has ever heard of, let’s celebrate vs the kid who’s going to Clemson on a full D1 ride.

Just feels weird."

All this talk about D3 commitments being "worthy" of celebrating "on par" with D1/D2 NLI signings were in response to this comment above. Jane going to play at some low-level D1 school like St. Peter's, let's celebrate the kid who's going to MIT as part of the soccer team. Soccer-wise MIT could probably beat St. Peter's, and the academics are on a far higher level.

Comment

Someone wrote this: "I’m sure some people may not like this comment but I never understood the grand high school celebration commitment/letter of intent day for kids going to play at a D3 schools. It just feels like a little bit of the every one gets a trophy culture. And I’m not talking about a group 2 HS, I’m talking big group 4 HS.

Tommy is going to play baseball at some obscure D3 school in Arkansas that no one has ever heard of, let’s celebrate vs the kid who’s going to Clemson on a full D1 ride.

Just feels weird."

All this talk about D3 commitments being "worthy" of celebrating "on par" with D1/D2 NLI signings were in response to this comment above. Jane going to play at some low-level D1 school like St. Peter's, let's celebrate the kid who's going to MIT as part of the soccer team. Soccer-wise MIT could probably beat St. Peter's, and the academics are on a far higher level.
                              Remember the 11....but you better dam make sure everyone gets a trophy.

The St Peters argument is weak. It works both ways and you can always find schools or even conferences that are weak and a comparison could be made, athletically and/or academically. I would say I’m more impressed with a kid going to the Naval Academy, playing soccer or football or what ever and getting an incredible education and serving our country there after as an officer.

There is no need to justify your child going to a great academic school and playing soccer there. No one is arguing utilizing soccer as a lever to get into a school.

The original argument was meant to be far beyond soccer where it becomes even more watered down across 12+ sports(girls and boys). This almost goes back to the comment about the persons child feeling awkward about the whole thing. It’s ok to celebrate but stop pretending in totality, it’s even on the same level as an elite athlete going to and elite school.

Back in the day you had 3-5 kids, maybe, who were going to incredible sports schools who most likely had pretty good academics as well, across all sports and genders. Those were the elite athletes.....now it becomes about everyone else.

Comment

We all talking of commitment BS like anyone here believes that there will be fall sports, scholarships, national championships.

Let’s be serious for a second:
                                - there will be no fall sports
                                - pda has $1,000,000 profit last year and a year before based on their tax filing
                                - pda is not going to return any money for this season, because they will send you a new pda leather bound book, and set up a team building zoom call
                                - pda will take another $500 from every parent that still believes there will be college soccer in the future

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X