get what?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        get what?
        GAL being 3 months longer of a season.

Comment

GAL being 3 months longer of a season.
          At high school ages, GAL operates in the fall but ECNL does not.

Comment

And at the HS ages, ECNL tuition is lower than for the teams that play in the fall. The amounts listed on this thread are the costs for 2007 players. Fall/winter/spring

Comment

If it's true that NEFC & SSS are bringing back most of their rosters (and, at least in the case of NEFC I believe it, SSS seems like it could be a bit of a question mark), how much could scorps and stars actually have improved? They'd already pulled from most of the other clubs to get the teams they had. Setting aside the Ginga rumblings, which is very likely BS, I'm not sure how much stars & scorps could have actually changed. Swapping out the bottom of their rosters for the bottom of some other teams' rosters isn't a big leap and bringing up some solid performers from their own clubs might be incremental improvement but not game changing. Next year may look a whole lot like last year with stars & scorps improving but mainly because their core teams have had another year together.
              You're making assumptions that Scorps and Stars would need to pull kids from SSS & NEFC to improve (beyond the fact that you correctly acknowledged the teams will have another year together).

"Swapping out the bottom of their rosters for the bottom of some other teams' rosters"

What about swapping out the bottom 1/3 for the top NPL players from GPS Red, SPOL, FCUSA, LIA, Bayside, etc.? Every one of those teams has at least a couple of players who would improve the swapped out bottom 1/3 of Stars & Scorpions. And i know some of those kids have and will continued to be added in place of the bottom 1/3.

And what about Stars Blue pulling back their excellent 2007's who were playing up?

Or Stars players heading to Scorpions?

Or 1-2 Regional League Players who made the leap (it can happen, especially at this age).

Or just the fact that these teams lost some of their weaker players while SSS & NEFC apparently held on to theirs?

No one knows exactly how SSS, NEFC, Scorps & Stars will look until the dust has settled in August, but i think your premise is wrong.

Comment

1. This is a 2007 thread. No HS

2. Please tell me you idiots aren't skipping HS soccer for GAL? Did the league learn nothing from DA?

Comment

You're making assumptions that Scorps and Stars would need to pull kids from SSS & NEFC to improve (beyond the fact that you correctly acknowledged the teams will have another year together).

"Swapping out the bottom of their rosters for the bottom of some other teams' rosters"

What about swapping out the bottom 1/3 for the top NPL players from GPS Red, SPOL, FCUSA, LIA, Bayside, etc.? Every one of those teams has at least a couple of players who would improve the swapped out bottom 1/3 of Stars & Scorpions. And i know some of those kids have and will continued to be added in place of the bottom 1/3.

And what about Stars Blue pulling back their excellent 2007's who were playing up?

Or Stars players heading to Scorpions?

Or 1-2 Regional League Players who made the leap (it can happen, especially at this age).

Or just the fact that these teams lost some of their weaker players while SSS & NEFC apparently held on to theirs?

No one knows exactly how SSS, NEFC, Scorps & Stars will look until the dust has settled in August, but i think your premise is wrong.
                  I know for a fact that the GPS players that Stars picked up were definitely not in the top 1/3 of the roster.

Comment

I know for a fact that the GPS players that Stars picked up were definitely not in the top 1/3 of the roster.
                    What is your point?

Comment

What is your point?
                      Read the thread. Post before mentioned swapping out bottom 1/3 for top 1/3 NPL players from other clubs. The GPS players Stars picked up were not in the top 1/3 of the roster. Therefore the idea of them strengthening their team this way is not accurate.

Comment

If Stars or Scorpions lost the bottom 1/3 of their 2019/2020 2007 rosters, there are NPL players who could improve those teams in 2020/2021. Yes or no?

Comment

If Stars or Scorpions lost the bottom 1/3 of their 2019/2020 2007 rosters, there are NPL players who could improve those teams in 2020/2021. Yes or no?
                          The notion of players being consider top and bottom at age 12 and 13 years old is utterly ridiculous. You parents need to get a grip on reality.

Comment

The notion of players being consider top and bottom at age 12 and 13 years old is utterly ridiculous. You parents need to get a grip on reality.
                            The fact these ECNL/GAL parents think not a single lowly NPL players could improve their teams is utterly ridiculous.

Comment

If it's true that NEFC & SSS are bringing back most of their rosters (and, at least in the case of NEFC I believe it, SSS seems like it could be a bit of a question mark), how much could scorps and stars actually have improved? They'd already pulled from most of the other clubs to get the teams they had. Setting aside the Ginga rumblings, which is very likely BS, I'm not sure how much stars & scorps could have actually changed. Swapping out the bottom of their rosters for the bottom of some other teams' rosters isn't a big leap and bringing up some solid performers from their own clubs might be incremental improvement but not game changing. Next year may look a whole lot like last year with stars & scorps improving but mainly because their core teams have had another year together.
                              First hand knowledge SSS retaining full roster, (as of now anyway)

Comment

First hand knowledge SSS retaining full roster, (as of now anyway)
                                Have fun laying an extra 1500$ and still getting beat by nefc. 😂😂.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X