Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSA buying Fury, then selling to an Italian club?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Great line of thinking right there. Board members are not there to make money. But I guess you missed that lesson while going for your GED.
    you are actually dumber than a bag of rocks and extremely naive. A board member is just another name for "politician" Do you really trust your politicians?....now some boards accepted the offer and some didn't....people are people and thats life...deal with it, don't be a sensitive snowflake....no body cares about your opinion.

Comment

Lots of great background on SUSA and Alby/Fury but does anyone have any solid knowledge of what’s being claimed in this thread? Is SUSA buying and flipping to an Italian Club? Who’s the Club? Does DA transfer to new owners?

Comment

I appreciate the posts that don't support this crap whether you think its illegal or not. I am the one posting why its illegal but regardless its underhanded and sleazy.

These board members are worse than the Susa people from my viewpoint. They have a clear duty to their members and are making decisions without board approval (big non/no), without alerting their members (big no/no) and pocketing money for themselves (huge no/no). They are NOT suppose to gain a dime or any favors (renovations, trips , etc) from being an elected board member of a community youth soccer program. PERIOD!! Don't believe me look it up. Susa not off the hook if its proven they did any of this. Responsible people should believe in accountability and not sleazy acts under the guise of just doing business.

4 years ago some of this occurred according to the poster who is okay with this sort of stuff, good for him. Well guess what, if its proven to be an ongoing criminal act its ALL connected to the most recent act. So to me federal statutes will get them in the end. I don't believe this will continue to fly under the radar of the local DA's who will then turn over to the federal DA's. Sorry board members who have been removed from your posts because you served the community so well, lol you will not be exempt from any of this when it gets in the right hands.
        Here's a question for you........
        What are you going to do about it? Report to the authorities ?
        If not, then shut up already

Comment

Lots of great background on SUSA and Alby/Fury but does anyone have any solid knowledge of what’s being claimed in this thread? Is SUSA buying and flipping to an Italian Club? Who’s the Club? Does DA transfer to new owners?
          This thread is claiming 3 different GDAs were transferred just in NY State so apparently it is common. They make it seem as if there are strict criteria for clubs to be awarded a DA program but that is apparently a lot of talk and no substance.

Comment

I don't buy it, nobody gets this worked up if they weren't hurt by it.
            I agree with this...I also think it will continue to be polarizing. Those who benefitted by it, will continue to think it's a lot of rumor/speculation and water under the bridge. Those who were hurt by it will continue to clamor on about it for another 4 years.

Comment

I would think that the presidents of the clubs that took the money obviously kicked some $$$ back to the other board members of the club...They would obviously have to vote on this...In the end, susa made $$$$ by bringing in teams and charging each kid $2500+ for tuition, board members made some money, and guess what? The kids still played soccer!!!....its a win, win win for all!!!!
              Win-win for all for sure .... go from paying a few hundred to paying almost $3k to play soccer .... win-win for players and parents for sure ..... btw, did the quality of soccer go up at all for everyone?

Comment

Win-win for all for sure .... go from paying a few hundred to paying almost $3k to play soccer .... win-win for players and parents for sure ..... btw, did the quality of soccer go up at all for everyone?
                But I still don't get the issue, if the town clubs still exist-which they do, players and parents can still opt to pay a few hundred bucks and play there. Nobody is forcing them to play at Susa, there are plenty of less expensive options, go play there.
                You can't blame the club itself for people's FOMO

Comment

But I still don't get the issue, if the town clubs still exist-which they do, players and parents can still opt to pay a few hundred bucks and play there. Nobody is forcing them to play at Susa, there are plenty of less expensive options, go play there.
                  You can't blame the club itself for people's FOMO
                  The issue is that the club presidents, coaches and trainers involved did NOT tell the parents that their motivation for bringing over the teams to SUSA was for their personal profit. Instead they were sold a bill of goods on how all their kids were going to be superstars and it would be worth paying all that extra money. The parents and kids were outright lied to and scammed.

Comment

The issue is that the club presidents, coaches and trainers involved did NOT tell the parents that their motivation for bringing over the teams to SUSA was for their personal profit. Instead they were sold a bill of goods on how all their kids were going to be superstars and it would be worth paying all that extra money. The parents and kids were outright lied to and scammed.
                    Then why are they still there?

Comment

Then why are they still there?
                      1) They aren't all still there. Many left.

2) The average parent/kid doesn't know that they were scammed.

Comment

But didn't this happened years ago? I'm not sure why it's still such an issue for you, after year #1 if parents and players felt lied to and scammed, there's literally a club on every corner-why not go play there instead?

Comment

1) They aren't all still there. Many left.

2) The average parent/kid doesn't know that they were scammed.
                          You are really butt-hurt over this, it's kind of weird

Comment

Name and Shame them then.

Comment

Name and Shame them then.
                              lmao...yes because the weekend warrior soccer dad that played soccer in HS is/was a lot better than any of the professional trainers at susa.

Comment

lmao...yes because the weekend warrior soccer dad that played soccer in HS is/was a lot better than any of the professional trainers at susa.
                                Because these SUSA trainers played in college means they are professional trainers? Makes no sense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X