Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 08-05-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes they did say that. But unfortunately they did say the Red team was free at the try outs and that's not true. And I emailed them a few months back about if the Summer Clinic was going to be at the new Kings Park complex and they said, YES! and that didn't happen. And now the email I got yesterday says practices will be at NYIT. And they always said the season would start in Kings Park at their new facility. I'm trying to keep positive. My son is super excited but I'm starting to get a little nervous.
So while at practice you can peer over the fence and look at the Valencia kids and trainers in case you want to change clubs.

I'm in no way related to Barca, and have no kid in the club, but it does look like their facility should be able to host games somewhere near the start of the season. My guess is they don't want kids around for practice while they are still doing construction. But it does look like fields will be ready to host games.
Old 08-05-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Being that they only have 2/3 of what they expected, they won't need all those fields. For the size of that club with no girls 4 fields would be too much.
Not sure where you got the two thirds number. If registrations are not complete then that number is being pulled out of thin air, No?
Old 08-05-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
So while at practice you can peer over the fence and look at the Valencia kids and trainers in case you want to change clubs.

I'm in no way related to Barca, and have no kid in the club, but it does look like their facility should be able to host games somewhere near the start of the season. My guess is they don't want kids around for practice while they are still doing construction. But it does look like fields will be ready to host games.
If it's all turf - which I think it is - once the ground is prepped it doesn't take that long to get it installed. Even if it isn't ready for the first few weeks I think you're right that much of the fall should be fine.
Old 08-05-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Not sure where you got the two thirds number. If registrations are not complete then that number is being pulled out of thin air, No?
No, I know trainers all over LI. They could not get 3 full teams in many age groups and completely flopped on the girls side.

Hey, I hope it all works out but this may go the way Surf did where former B/C team kids went over and it showed. Only thing that will matter is the happiness of the boys.

Good luck.
Old 08-05-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
No, I know trainers all over LI. They could not get 3 full teams in many age groups and completely flopped on the girls side.

Hey, I hope it all works out but this may go the way Surf did where former B/C team kids went over and it showed. Only thing that will matter is the happiness of the boys.

Good luck.
I'm only commenting that the club will not know exactly what they have until the checks start clearing. If you know a lot of trainers across the Island, they will confirm that what parents say and what they do are two different things.
Old 08-05-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
I'm only commenting that the club will not know exactly what they have until the checks start clearing. If you know a lot of trainers across the Island, they will confirm that what parents say and what they do are two different things.
I agree, I personally know two red team players whose parents are very concerned on how Barça has rolled out. Both have told me that they reached out to other clubs about space on their teams and were actually happy that Barça didn't ask for money yet because it gave them more time to research other options.
Old 08-05-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Kids have gone back to other clubs. Also know several Valencia kids that went back after seeing the level of teammates. Those (VCF) were older players.
Old 08-05-2017
Unregistered

Quote:

Good luck.
"Girls Side", lol. Never gonna happen
Old 08-05-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
Kids have gone back to other clubs. Also know several Valencia kids that went back after seeing the level of teammates. Those (VCF) were older players.
What year team was the ones that left VCF and how did they see the level of player when the practices haven't started?
Old 08-05-2017
Unregistered

Quote:
What year team was the ones that left VCF and how did they see the level of player when the practices haven't started?
Since no one has seen a team together, everything about VCF and Barca is conjecture regarding the strength of the teams. Even tryouts were spread across many days and locations. I'll say that a new club, on their first season should not be in EDP D1 or NPL. They will get crushed, just because of the lack of team practice before the season starts.

My son is on a VCF Black team and we never saw a kid in his age group since we didn't go to the primary tryouts. Hoping for the best, but we hedged our bet and stayed with his existing team under a different pass for the fall season.