Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    good point. playing hs soccer or lacrosse could hinder their higher level soccer development. How many club coaches say it takes half the year to correct the team of the bad habits they did playing high school. Only a few kids can make their high school varsity team and why not let the B level soccer players enjoy a chance to play high school and leave the elite playing GDA 10 months out of the year.
    To the OPs point plenty of A teamers will still chose to stay put rather than do GDA. Some of them also happen to multisport athletes as well.

Comment

good point. playing hs soccer or lacrosse could hinder their higher level soccer development. How many club coaches say it takes half the year to correct the team of the bad habits they did playing high school. Only a few kids can make their high school varsity team and why not let the B level soccer players enjoy a chance to play high school and leave the elite playing GDA 10 months out of the year.
      I currently coach Division II women's soccer. IMO.. GDA will not be as effective for girls as DA is for boys.

Comment

I currently coach Division II women's soccer. IMO.. GDA will not be as effective for girls as DA is for boys.
        I happen to agree, but I'm curious as to why you feel that way. That it's still pay-to-play, having ECNL as a good #2 option means not all the best will join DA, no MLS support....so many other reasons?

Comment

The should ALL just Give Soccer up Completely from what I have seen.

Comment

The should ALL just Give Soccer up Completely from what I have seen.
            Yes and take up knitting

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X