X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abby Wambach and the US Men's team problem

http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/s...-their-country

I guess Abby wants the USMNT to be like the USMNT.....95% white players born in the USA

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/s...-their-country

I guess Abby wants the USMNT to be like the USWNT.....95% white players born in the USA
    Like the USWNT

Comment

In the article, Abby is arguing that since these men have never ever lived in America, they shouldn't play for the American team. I agree with her

Comment

In the article, Abby is arguing that since these men have never ever lived in America, they shouldn't play for the American team. I agree with her
        I kind of do too. Similar issue as Olympians who compete for other countries. Sometimes they do have a genuine tie to another country ( like one parent is from there) but other times its a very tenuous tie and mostly a matter of convenience

Comment

National pride????

So let me get this right, Abby doesn't think that non-US born players have as much love for the US as natural born players. Abby, how about you start fighting the fight that is right in front of you. Megan Rapinoe was born in the USA and doesn't even stand for our national anthem while wearing a USA jersey. How much pride is she showing when she does that? I can understand her doing this while she is playing for her club but to do it while representing her country is just wrong. I don't care who plays for the USMNT as long as they represent the United States with pride and honor.

Comment

So let me get this right, Abby doesn't think that non-US born players have as much love for the US as natural born players. Abby, how about you start fighting the fight that is right in front of you. Megan Rapinoe was born in the USA and doesn't even stand for our national anthem while wearing a USA jersey. How much pride is she showing when she does that? I can understand her doing this while she is playing for her club but to do it while representing her country is just wrong. I don't care who plays for the USMNT as long as they represent the United States with pride and honor.
            Not understanding what our country stands for....

What makes our country great is the fact that people can kneel during the national anthem, burn the flag, criticize our leadership...etc, etc, etc without repercussions. We are tasked in the Deceleration of Independence to fight for changes where injustices are present.

Comment

th1s d1ke must be a TRUMP supporter,i mean ***

Comment

Rapinoe and others are speaking up against what they see are injustices in today's society. They want something better for our country. They can speak up and sit down because our laws allow them to do so. Whether or not it violates their individual contracts with their employers is a different matter. If they are allowed to then they are allowed to, even if you don't agree with it.

As for the more relevant topic - do you really think those foreign/supposed "national" players are dedicated at all to this country?

Comment

Rapinoe and others are speaking up against what they see are injustices in today's society. They want something better for our country. They can speak up and sit down because our laws allow them to do so. Whether or not it violates their individual contracts with their employers is a different matter. If they are allowed to then they are allowed to, even if you don't agree with it.

As for the more relevant topic - do you really think those foreign/supposed "national" players are dedicated at all to this country?
                  every other country does the same ,so i dont know what they are b1tch1ng about,must be a lesb1ano problem

Comment

American trained or not, the men did not look so hot last night.

Comment

Not understanding what our country stands for....

What makes our country great is the fact that people can kneel during the national anthem, burn the flag, criticize our leadership...etc, etc, etc without repercussions. We are tasked in the Deceleration of Independence to fight for changes where injustices are present.
                      Completely agree with you that we can do all these things as Americans. I don't agree with how they (all kneeling athletes) are doing it.
                      The flag and the national anthem are signs of respect. Respect for our founding fathers, respect for our war heros, respect for our nation, respect for all the things that we have that we didn't fight for. These kneeling people look more like spoiled babies. If you want to make change, do something about it. Start a national group or a protest or a speaking engagements/education sessions. These people are using the least amount of effort to get attention and they are doing it in a disrespecting way.
                      When I stand for the national anthem, it isn't because I love everything that is going on with our government. I stand to show respect for all that I have and all the people that died for me to have it.

Comment

every other country does the same ,so i dont know what they are b1tch1ng about,must be a lesb1ano problem
                        Every other country does the same but at least those guys have lived in that country...almost 1/2 of those German born players that Klinsman brought to the USMNT, don't even speak fluent english...and may i add, if those guys were really that good, they would have been called up by germany not having the USSF go looking for their american dad so that they can play for the USMNT, and immediately provide them US citizenship....

Comment

Completely agree with you that we can do all these things as Americans. I don't agree with how they (all kneeling athletes) are doing it.
                          The flag and the national anthem are signs of respect. Respect for our founding fathers, respect for our war heros, respect for our nation, respect for all the things that we have that we didn't fight for. These kneeling people look more like spoiled babies. If you want to make change, do something about it. Start a national group or a protest or a speaking engagements/education sessions. These people are using the least amount of effort to get attention and they are doing it in a disrespecting way.
                          When I stand for the national anthem, it isn't because I love everything that is going on with our government. I stand to show respect for all that I have and all the people that died for me to have it.
                          But that's what's great about our country - people are free to disagree. Problems arise when people think how they feel should apply to all. Too many are unwilling to accept that not everyone will feel the same way.

Comment

Every other country does the same but at least those guys have lived in that country...almost 1/2 of those German born players that Klinsman brought to the USMNT, don't even speak fluent english...and may i add, if those guys were really that good, they would have been called up by germany not having the USSF go looking for their american dad so that they can play for the USMNT, and immediately provide them US citizenship....
                            so where do we find the talent? ODP

Comment

so where do we find the talent? ODP
                              You need talented coaches to find talented players...Unfortunately America is lacking big time in both of them...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X