Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Within Weston's ECNL teams, first and foremost I will say for the most part many of the problems are correctable yet ignored.

1. Coaching: from my full in game and video observations they continally put girls out of position and thus set them up for failure. This is not to say the girls do not have talent but they don't seem to set them up to take advantage of their strengths. On our team our head coach seems to think one of the players is a forward, when clearly she is not. She has no speed whatsoever, to the point it looks painful to watch her run. She has no sharp movements, no bursts, and no stamina.

That is not to say she is not a good player, she has a good touch for example that is more suited for a midfield position. Just because you can juggle 300 in a row doesn't mean you understand the game or can play any position you or your parents demand.

2. Girls Gone Wild: Team in particular do not hold the girls accountable, nearly 50-75% simply do not come to practice yet still show up for games and get full minutes if not play the entire game; this happens on a weekly and consistent basis and to this day. When they do show, they show up late with no consequences. Our discovery players show up every 4-6 weeks when not inconvenienced.

3. Team Talent: this particular team does have talent, but no chemistry whatsoever. When only 6-7 girls show up for practice out of a roster of 20 plus you see why. They are rarely corrected in practice or in the game. When playing Top Hat you see them playing wide line to line, when you see this team they consistently use the center 3rd at any and all costs including turning the ball over at record pace. Watching game film there is always girls wide open outside yet ever if at all receive the ball, and it's not ever corrected.

4. Goalies: How this club and team selected some of these girls is beyond me, including but not limited to the goalies. We have one solid goalie, the other makes you start challenging your vision yet plays every other full game (this isn't rec where everyone gets a ribbon). Most of these girls are talented, there are a few that drop off so bad that you would have to believe someone somewhere is doing favors considering the turnout at tryouts.

5. Selection Comittee: How a coach or coaches select a player on the first night of tryouts without previous knowledge of said player is mindboggling, then proceed to tell said players they do not have to return for continued evaluation.. From my observation many players had both good and bad nights in total but coaches had already selected half the team the first night with much of it based on where they previously played (including letting the girls show up with previous team attire) or hearsay. I know because one of the main questions the coach(s) asked the girls was where and or who did they play for.

What does that matter? How about trusting your eyes and not being lazy about evaluating. From my understanding is if you played for Sunrise or an ECNL team you automatically made the team and were offered a position on the spot irrelavent of what they saw on the field, safe to say that backfired.

This is not a rant with the goal of smearing a club but one of frustration with so many of the problems easily correctable. In the end do not believe some of these ECNL teams are bad, they have the talent but not the tutelage and discipline to get them to this level or the next.
    Some excellent points and observations. However, I would also like to point out that Weston, Boca United and the like went after this the same way they did before they got their "franchises." The thought was "if I can get that club's best player, then it helps us and hurts them."

These two ECNL Clubs are both struggling, Boca United more so that Weston, but you will find both teams using the excuse that they are early in their ECNL lives and things will get better. The question I ask is was it worth the expense? You could save the money and play in showcase tournaments rather than trek up and down the east coast to lose by ridiculous scores. If a parent is gullible enough to think that losing 10-1 or 10-0 or 7-0 on a given weekend is good for their kid (in so many ways), then they should have their head examined. Weston parent, don't feel bad about the lack of commitment going to practice because I hear it is the same at Boca United. When the DA Academy comes, I doubt it will get any better.

Comment

If a parent is gullible enough to think that losing 10-1 or 10-0 or 7-0 on a given weekend is good for their kid (in so many ways), then they should have their head examined. Weston parent, don't feel bad about the lack of commitment going to practice because I hear it is the same at Boca United. When the DA Academy comes, I doubt it will get any better.
      Without seeing them play on a consistent basis you wouldn't know the whole story so I can see your point, that being said the teams have talent. With the right guidance, coaching and discipline not to mention actual real conditioning (USI is a disaster) they could compete with any team including but not limited to the Top Hats and Concordes of the world.

It is simply missing the details at the club and personnel level, soccer is a team sport not an individual sport yet I continually see hero ball at an astonishing pace and dare I say with coach(s) supporting it.

Comment

Without seeing them play on a consistent basis you wouldn't know the whole story so I can see your point, that being said the teams have talent. With the right guidance, coaching and discipline not to mention actual real conditioning (USI is a disaster) they could compete with any team including but not limited to the Top Hats and Concordes of the world.

It is simply missing the details at the club and personnel level, soccer is a team sport not an individual sport yet I continually see hero ball at an astonishing pace and dare I say with coach(s) supporting it.
        Compete with Tophat and Concorde...😂😂😂

Comment

Welcome to Weston

Did you really expect something better?
          You can be rest assured that Weston will completely screw this up.
          It is already too late for Boca United.

Within Weston's ECNL teams, first and foremost I will say for the most part many of the problems are correctable yet ignored.

1. Coaching: from my full in game and video observations they continally put girls out of position and thus set them up for failure. This is not to say the girls do not have talent but they don't seem to set them up to take advantage of their strengths. On our team our head coach seems to think one of the players is a forward, when clearly she is not. She has no speed whatsoever, to the point it looks painful to watch her run. She has no sharp movements, no bursts, and no stamina.

That is not to say she is not a good player, she has a good touch for example that is more suited for a midfield position. Just because you can juggle 300 in a row doesn't mean you understand the game or can play any position you or your parents demand.

2. Girls Gone Wild: Team in particular do not hold the girls accountable, nearly 50-75% simply do not come to practice yet still show up for games and get full minutes if not play the entire game; this happens on a weekly and consistent basis and to this day. When they do show, they show up late with no consequences. Our discovery players show up every 4-6 weeks when not inconvenienced.

3. Team Talent: this particular team does have talent, but no chemistry whatsoever. When only 6-7 girls show up for practice out of a roster of 20 plus you see why. They are rarely corrected in practice or in the game. When playing Top Hat you see them playing wide line to line, when you see this team they consistently use the center 3rd at any and all costs including turning the ball over at record pace. Watching game film there is always girls wide open outside yet ever if at all receive the ball, and it's not ever corrected.

4. Goalies: How this club and team selected some of these girls is beyond me, including but not limited to the goalies. We have one solid goalie, the other makes you start challenging your vision yet plays every other full game (this isn't rec where everyone gets a ribbon). Most of these girls are talented, there are a few that drop off so bad that you would have to believe someone somewhere is doing favors considering the turnout at tryouts.

5. Selection Comittee: How a coach or coaches select a player on the first night of tryouts without previous knowledge of said player is mindboggling, then proceed to tell said players they do not have to return for continued evaluation.. From my observation many players had both good and bad nights in total but coaches had already selected half the team the first night with much of it based on where they previously played (including letting the girls show up with previous team attire) or hearsay. I know because one of the main questions the coach(s) asked the girls was where and or who did they play for.

What does that matter? How about trusting your eyes and not being lazy about evaluating. From my understanding is if you played for Sunrise or an ECNL team you automatically made the team and were offered a position on the spot irrelavent of what they saw on the field, safe to say that backfired.

This is not a rant with the goal of smearing a club but one of frustration with so many of the problems easily correctable. In the end do not believe some of these ECNL teams are bad, they have the talent but not the tutelage and discipline to get them to this level or the next.

Comment

Compete with Tophat and Concorde...😂😂😂
            I almost vomitted in my mouth when I read that. OMG!!!!!

Comment

HELICOPTER PARENT? Just admit you and TBU and last year Boca- got a huge dose of Humble Pie.

Comment

Not in 500 million years will Boca be able to compete with Tophat and Concorde.
                As far as Weston they have 2 fairly good teams and the rest are struggling.

Comment

Not in 500 million years will Boca be able to compete with Tophat and Concorde.
                  As far as Weston they have 2 fairly good teams and the rest are struggling.
                  Boca United hasn't been able to compete with any of these teams, except the ones a notch below them in the standings. Anyone know when Weston and Boca United play each other?

Comment

Boca United hasn't been able to compete with any of these teams, except the ones a notch below them in the standings. Anyone know when Weston and Boca United play each other?
                    Boca sucks and Weston sucks just a little less. Boca should throw in the towel and save those girls further embarrassment.

Comment

Boca sucks and Weston sucks just a little less. Boca should throw in the towel and save those girls further embarrassment.
                      Still doesn't compare to your wife's sucking. We'll be at West Pines this weekend. Make sure to bring her by. Cash only right?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X