Anyone trying out for ODP this year?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your kid doesn't play on a top team that goes to State Cup, don't waste your free weekends at the pool trainings after your kid is chosen for the pool

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I know that the DA kids can't, but anyone trying out for ODP this fall?
      No.. I am done with my donation to fysa. It's a waste of money.

Comment

No. I will try out a few moms tho.
        Play their kid and I'm sure you'll get plenty of offers.

Comment

No.. I am done with my donation to fysa. It's a waste of money.
          Here! Here!

Comment

Here! Here!
            Just another day playing soccer. Or are you saying that all soccer is a waste of money? ODP doesn't cost any more per session than what you pay at club, so where do you draw the line on value? At the point that you realize your kid isn't good enough?

Comment

You decide since our middle school team just friendly and beat the odp kids 5 -0

Comment

True since hs beats club 97% time proven

Comment

You decide since our middle school team just friendly and beat the odp kids 5 -0
                  That's nice. Maybe you should be posting on the middle school page then.

Comment

True since hs beats club 97% time proven
                    Laughable

Comment

Why bother??? Teams are picked even before the first try out. Waste of money.
                      My kid has been on ODP for 4 years. It's true. Same kids every year. Even when those kids that were good at 14 are now average at 17, Mike and the gang will still keep them on the ODP team over new and better players.
                      Politics at it's finest. Worked for us though, so not complaining. Just saying what we've seen.

Comment

My kid has been on ODP for 4 years. It's true. Same kids every year. Even when those kids that were good at 14 are now average at 17, Mike and the gang will still keep them on the ODP team over new and better players.
                        Politics at it's finest. Worked for us though, so not complaining. Just saying what we've seen.
                        Average by who?

Comment

How was odp this weekend

Comment

Let's face it. ODP is no longer relevant. It's DA or bust.

Comment

Let's face it. ODP is no longer relevant. It's DA or bust.
                              Completely agree that ODP is no longer relevant. I spoke to a college D1 coach Friday night who said that if he sees on a player bio that a player is only ODP state team he crosses them off his recruitment list because he knows if they holly make the state team they aren't a very good player. That was never that way in the past. ODP has so many mediocre players now who don't even start on their club team. But DA has nothing to do with it. Too many kids are just electing to not play ODP because of all the different state and national leagues and all the tournaments teams play in. ODP has just become an injury ground for overtraining players,

Comment

Completely agree that ODP is no longer relevant. I spoke to a college D1 coach Friday night who said that if he sees on a player bio that a player is only ODP state team he crosses them off his recruitment list because he knows if they holly make the state team they aren't a very good player. That was never that way in the past. ODP has so many mediocre players now who don't even start on their club team. But DA has nothing to do with it. Too many kids are just electing to not play ODP because of all the different state and national leagues and all the tournaments teams play in. ODP has just become an injury ground for overtraining players,
                                Agree

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X