Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's the general issue with background checks - if the person has no record how can you know? Even doing reference calls gets problematic because many employers will only confirm dates or employment and salary - they're too worried about lawsuits to say anything else.

Guilty or not (remember TS is not judge in jury even though plenty of posters may think so) his reputation will be forever tarnished even if the charges go away or it goes to court and he's found not guility. Of course any club will distance itself as quickly as possible and he's going to have a tough time ever getting a job again. Only way is if it comes out the accuser made it up. Otherwise there will always be that question of "what if..." No club will take that chance
    If he is found guilty then it will show up on a background but many times it is settled out of court and he will just move out of state and start again. If it can be proven that the coach molested a minor during official club activities, the club itself may be held civilly liable for damages. It is easier to settle with the family and have the event go away as fast as possible than to let it get to court. The predator moves on until he finds another club that is ok with the "it was not proven" excuse. How many clubs take the time to call previous clubs about a coach's experience there anyway?.

We parents may be a pain in the *** when it comes to youth soccer but how many of us actually take the time to take a close look at the coaches and pull our kids out when we sense something is wrong? A substantial percentage of youth coaches in Florida have criminal records. Everything from drug charges to harboring fugitives but they are still coaching youth and making easy money. And yes, FYSA knows about it but they exist to protect the clubs not us the consumer.

We do not need probable cause people! If it smells bad get your kid as far away as possible. US Soccer and ODP are there to rip us off just like FIFA did to the word. This type of predator uses these organizations to enlarge themselves in the eyes of the kids and the parents. We allow this slime to thrive.

Comment

What does this have to do with plantation or Kendall management. Unless you are claiming that they knew. They should have not had him around by magically knowing what he was doing, which no one else also knew.
      Of course they knew! The youth soccer world in SF is small. There are no secrets anywhere and just the rumor of what had happened at AH should have been enough of a red flag.

Comment

The stupidity of the soccer community never ceases to amaze. Does anyone remember where he went after AH. Cypress maybe? They must have known also, right? One of the best things about this country is that we are innocent until proven guilty. The only exception to that is when your dealing with the ignorant soccer parents!!!!

Comment

It's about time.

There were crazy rumors when he was the coach at AH about him with dating or having sex with female varsity players. The rumor was that AH paid off the accusers but of course nobody really knew if it was true. Yikes

Comment

That wasn't just a rumor. Heritage had him resign, they didn't need the negative publicity. He went quietly and parents decided against pressing charges. The guy is scum.
            That is pretty big accusation to make about Heritage. They knew but didn't want the publicity so they let it go quietly. They certainly knew where he went when he left. You should probably get a good attorney if your going to make that kind of accusation. You should post your name since you seem to know so much.

Comment

The stupidity of the soccer community never ceases to amaze. Does anyone remember where he went after AH. Cypress maybe? They must have known also, right? One of the best things about this country is that we are innocent until proven guilty. The only exception to that is when your dealing with the ignorant soccer parents!!!!
              The only ignorant parent on this thread is you. When it comes to children, waiting for absolute proof is too low of a standard and that is what you obviously believe in. Wait till a child gets molested THEN take action. These predators thrive because of parents like you who turn a blind eye to obvious indiscretions, soft touches, inapropiate texts, etc.

Comment

That is pretty big accusation to make about Heritage. They knew but didn't want the publicity so they let it go quietly. They certainly knew where he went when he left. You should probably get a good attorney if your going to make that kind of accusation. You should post your name since you seem to know so much.
                AH would want the world to know that a sexual predator was working for them? NOT

They, like the rest, would hush it up and pass on the problem as quickly as possible.

Comment

Is he also involved with US Soccer in some capacity?
                  Scouting?

He was my Instructor in Ft. L' dale for my USSF D- 1 and 2 lic.

Thoughts go to family of victim .

Comment

Plantation Eagles were me aware of this over 10 years ago and they choose not to believe it.. over the last ten years how many girls did he abuse? Such a shame..

Comment

A long way coming!

This coach was suspected of abuse way back when he was coaching the U12-U13 girls at Sunrise (approx. 12-13 years ago). He had one girl whose parents basically permitted him to have her as his protege. The same girl that he got fired over at AH. According to the arrest his victim was older than 12 and younger than 16. Exactly the age of this young lady. Very sad

Comment

My name is Ben. Ben Dover.

Comment

I hope the piece of s h i t goes to jail for a long time. And I hope that all the prisoners there know that he is a predator and he gets what's coming to him from behind. He was a weirdo, too bad Plantation to stupid to figure him out. It isn't like he was this great director that did some fabulous things with the club.It doesn't even surprise me that the idiots at Kendall Coalition did not figure him out, but then again, you have a moron like Matias who has his head so far up his own ass would not figure something like this out. They should have let him go after the news from AH.The only soccer he coaching will be in state prison. Goodbye forever Johnny Ramos

Comment

Guilty before...

I have no knowledge of this guy, but it seems that the anonymous idiots of TS are in amazing form tonight. We have a country where people should be presumed innocent before proven guilty.

Comment

I have no knowledge of this guy, but it seems that the anonymous idiots of TS are in amazing form tonight. We have a country where people should be presumed innocent before proven guilty.
                              Very true, but those are very serious accusations. He wouldn't be charged if there wasn't evidence suggesting he did. My oldest daughter was at heritage when he was there, and rumor was that he was sleeping with an under age player and was let go. Wasn't shocked to see the news, because of the behavior while he was at heritage.

Comment

Seems odd

Very true, but those are very serious accusations. He wouldn't be charged if there wasn't evidence suggesting he did. My oldest daughter was at heritage when he was there, and rumor was that he was sleeping with an under age player and was let go. Wasn't shocked to see the news, because of the behavior while he was at heritage.
                                I hear you, but it still seems odd. If there was any truth to that original rumor, I suspect that he would not have been just fired. These days, schools get in a ton of trouble if they don't report such cases of statutory rape. At the same time, if the same behavior continues to be reported, then either he is a guy that regularly puts himself in really bad situations of flirtation and contemplation, or he really does have a problem.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X