Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    In State Cup it would be Coral Gables, WFF and Clay-the only three teams to have won this age group.
    In Florida Cup it would be FCF and WFF.
    In Disney Showcase it would be a FCF and WFF. Last year it was Clearwater and NFM Red.
    In CASL it would be a number of teams.
    FSPL looks like it will be ACYS this year.

What has this age group team ever won that was significant? You brag about winning a GAME, but you're not even going to win FSPL this year when you beat the top two contenders (easily, in your words).

As to the press release, it is a saying-OC did not actually have a press release. It means that OC may be too confident in its wins (particularly FSPL) but fails to recognize that in really important events they have won nothing.

As for me and my kid, we see the future as bright. But then again, we are not on OC.
    Laying the truth, brutally.

Comment

In State Cup it would be Coral Gables, WFF and Clay-the only three teams to have won this age group.
      In Florida Cup it would be FCF and WFF.
      In Disney Showcase it would be a FCF and WFF. Last year it was Clearwater and NFM Red.
      In CASL it would be a number of teams.
      FSPL looks like it will be ACYS this year.

What has this age group team ever won that was significant? You brag about winning a GAME, but you're not even going to win FSPL this year when you beat the top two contenders (easily, in your words).

As to the press release, it is a saying-OC did not actually have a press release. It means that OC may be too confident in its wins (particularly FSPL) but fails to recognize that in really important events they have won nothing.

As for me and my kid, we see the future as bright. But then again, we are not on OC.
      I see the issue in one of the words used in this rant.

"you"

First off, I'm not with OC and I don't know what "in your words" you're referring to. Secondly, either you're a parent on WFF who is waaaay to invested in the supposed reputation of your team, or you're a player and you need to be focused on your SAT instead of ranting on this site.

Third, there are really good teams, there are good teams, there are average teams and there are bad teams. OC, WFF, ACYS are the really good teams in FSPL. I'll leave it to you to figure out which of these three is the so-called "best" cause you will have your reasons, others will have theirs. Yours seems to be the fact that you won tournaments this year and last. Others will base it on head to head and what their eyes tell them.

Regardless, good luck on your NLI signings this week, and pray you don't meet Strictly in the State Cup brackets this year.

Comment

I see the issue in one of the words used in this rant.

"you"

First off, I'm not with OC and I don't know what "in your words" you're referring to. Secondly, either you're a parent on WFF who is waaaay to invested in the supposed reputation of your team, or you're a player and you need to be focused on your SAT instead of ranting on this site.

Third, there are really good teams, there are good teams, there are average teams and there are bad teams. OC, WFF, ACYS are the really good teams in FSPL. I'll leave it to you to figure out which of these three is the so-called "best" cause you will have your reasons, others will have theirs. Yours seems to be the fact that you won tournaments this year and last. Others will base it on head to head and what their eyes tell them.

Regardless, good luck on your NLI signings this week, and pray you don't meet Strictly in the State Cup brackets this year.
        Think a dark horse will emerge this year to take the title. OC with all the da players will fail once again at the big show, acys will be depleted because of the new trump immigration laws, wff will realize they are actually a Tampa club and therefore are not allowed to progress past a round or 2, and then we have strictly. Yes strictly. Fear them my friend.

Comment

Think a dark horse will emerge this year to take the title. OC with all the da players will fail once again at the big show, acys will be depleted because of the new trump immigration laws, wff will realize they are actually a Tampa club and therefore are not allowed to progress past a round or 2, and then we have strictly. Yes strictly. Fear them my friend.
          All hail Strictly!

Seriously though I wonder which clubs will be depleted due to HS injuries. This past season was brutal. There are more crutches on the sidelines this year than at a [insert your analogy here].

Comment

All hail Strictly!

Seriously though I wonder which clubs will be depleted due to HS injuries. This past season was brutal. There are more crutches on the sidelines this year than at a [insert your analogy here].
            High school about over. Teams getting back to training, playing what games are left in the season and getting ready for state cup next month. Some teams will have stronger second half of the year runs than first. Usually state cup is won by a team not always predicted to win but instead gets on a roll.

Comment

All hail Strictly!

Several kids out and others quiting and not coming back. Should be interesting.

Comment

Several kids out and others quiting and not coming back. Should be interesting.
                that's a great point. With the calendar year switch, several of the teams have seniors looking to spend the spring moving on to different things.

Comment

FC Florida Prep

Who is playing img in March?
                  FC Florida Prep 1999 is playing:

Florida Cup (Feb/Mar)
                  IMG March 2
                  Jefferson Cup March 31
                  Dallas Cup April 9

...and State Cup blended U18/U19

Comment

Florida Cup (Feb/Mar)
                    IMG March 2
                    Jefferson Cup March 31
                    Dallas Cup April 9

JT really opened his wallet

Comment

Florida Cup (Feb/Mar)
                      IMG March 2
                      Jefferson Cup March 31
                      Dallas Cup April 9

Thought they didn't play state cup

Comment

Florida Cup (Feb/Mar)
                        IMG March 2
                        Jefferson Cup March 31
                        Dallas Cup April 9

The img cup in March is like a rec tournament? What gives Florida prep?

Comment

Florida Cup (Feb/Mar)
                          IMG March 2
                          Jefferson Cup March 31
                          Dallas Cup April 9

They must mean Florida Cup, they did not qualify for State Cup.

Comment

So?

The img cup in March is like a rec tournament? What gives Florida prep?
                            What gives? Are you kidding? Look at the college coaches going. It's a small list, but in includes a unique group of northern schools that we do not often see down in Florida. Feel free to stay home while our kids audition. At the end of the year, compare the college commitments and your club which is probably five times the size to the college commitments in our club. We will go to any tournament, rack or otherwise, if coaches are on the sideline. You guys go have fun and stay calm. We only have one team playing there anyway.

Comment

Typo

They must mean Florida Cup, they did not qualify for State Cup.
                              Typo in my answer above. We only have one team playing in the state cup. Our U18 team is blending with U19s, playing up.

Comment

What gives? Are you kidding? Look at the college coaches going. It's a small list, but in includes a unique group of northern schools that we do not often see down in Florida. Feel free to stay home while our kids audition. At the end of the year, compare the college commitments and your club which is probably five times the size to the college commitments in our club. We will go to any tournament, rack or otherwise, if coaches are on the sideline. You guys go have fun and stay calm. We only have one team playing there anyway.
                                College coaches link? Don't see it on site for tournament?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X