Weston Girls have to give up high school and middle school soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Weston for keeping your players out of HS soccer. It is so nice to sit on the sideline and watch the players have fun. I don't have to listen to the unlimited dribble for you crazy parents. Mediocre team and players this time last year. You sewed an ECNL patch on your jersey and now claim to be "elite." You can paint a turd, but's it's still a turd.

We are loving the piece and quiet. No issues between the players. So very nice. Thank you!

Comment

So I'm dropping my daughter and a few of her team mates off at HS practice this afternoon. Nature called, so I needed to make a quick bathroom run. A player I did not recognize (freshman?) and the head coach are standing there talking. I ease-drop the whole thing from the toilet. Turns out this young lady is an "elite" member of the Weston ECNL. Her words, not mine. She was too busy with club soccer and did not have time to make the tryouts. She is here now and ready to play for the varsity team. The coach was very polite and political. Asked her why she should be allowed to tryout now when the teams have already been assigned and players cut. She says that her club forbade her to tryout, but if there were any questions on her ability, her Weston club coach would explain it to her (the HS head coach). The player said that her club coach insisted she be placed on the varsity team. If not, HS soccer was not worth it.

Was she a rock star? Far from it. Definitely did not warrant those demands or attitude.

That is some training program over there Weston. Three months in ECNL and your players act like they won the Ballon d'Or. You better order your girls a set of shorts 2 sizes bigger to fit those cojones. And of course, helicopter dad was 6 feet away, hovering, with his sunglasses on and arms crossed. I could not believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        So I'm dropping my daughter and a few of her team mates off at HS practice this afternoon. Nature called, so I needed to make a quick bathroom run. A player I did not recognize (freshman?) and the head coach are standing there talking. I ease-drop the whole thing from the toilet. Turns out this young lady is an "elite" member of the Weston ECNL. Her words, not mine. She was too busy with club soccer and did not have time to make the tryouts. She is here now and ready to play for the varsity team. The coach was very polite and political. Asked her why she should be allowed to tryout now when the teams have already been assigned and players cut. She says that her club forbade her to tryout, but if there were any questions on her ability, her Weston club coach would explain it to her (the HS head coach). The player said that her club coach insisted she be placed on the varsity team. If not, HS soccer was not worth it.

Was she a rock star? Far from it. Definitely did not warrant those demands or attitude.

That is some training program over there Weston. Three months in ECNL and your players act like they won the Ballon d'Or. You better order your girls a set of shorts 2 sizes bigger to fit those cojones. And of course, helicopter dad was 6 feet away, hovering, with his sunglasses on and arms crossed. I could not believe it.
        Confused? Did Westin decide late to let the ECNL girls play high school?

Comment

Sure that happened

Comment

So you "ease-dropped" this whole thing? I think that says it all. This story belongs in the commode along with whatever else you "dropped" when nature called.

Comment

You are a stalker! You should be reported you creep!

Comment

Are you really asking? It's a no Brainer. Especially at that level. You just make it harder for South Florida to keep up with the rest of the country. I hope that school coach is worth it.
                Clearly you know very little about that level. My daughter is committed to a D1 school and all the girls who are committed with her belong to ECNL clubs all over the country. Every single one of them play High School.

Comment

Confused? Did Westin decide late to let the ECNL girls play high school?
                  This is copied and pasted right from Weston's website which is the facts about ECNL which is from the ECNL website.

Can players play both ECNL and High School Soccer?

Yes, during the 2016-2017 season players can play both. Most ECNL Showcase Events and
                  league matches will take place in the fall and spring. There will be an ECNL Showcase Event in
                  Sanford, Florida in between Christmas and New Year’s that all of our teams will attend. For all
                  High School age players, the ECNL will continue hold training sessions during the High School
                  Season but on a more limited basis.

Comment

This is copied and pasted right from Weston's website which is the facts about ECNL which is from the ECNL website.

Can players play both ECNL and High School Soccer?

Yes, during the 2016-2017 season players can play both. Most ECNL Showcase Events and
                    league matches will take place in the fall and spring. There will be an ECNL Showcase Event in
                    Sanford, Florida in between Christmas and New Year’s that all of our teams will attend. For all
                    High School age players, the ECNL will continue hold training sessions during the High School
                    Season but on a more limited basis.
                    http://westonfc.org/wp-content/uploads/ECNL-FAQ.pdf

Comment

Nothing personal but these girls shouldn't be playing HS Soccer. They should play other HS sports for the HS experience and give their bodies a chance to rest the areas they stress for most of the year in soccer while still staying active and playing a sport. How many studies have shown that focusing on one sport compared to multiple sports causes fatigue and overload on parts of the body specific to a particular sport. This in turn leads to injury (twice as often compared to multiple sport athletes).

If it's an ego thing "hey everyone, look how great I am . . . YEAAAYYYY!!!" then there's nothing to be done. But if it is just about staying active and playing with friends there are a LOT of different sports offered at the High School level. I would think a high level soccer athlete would have the athletic ability to make a number of different teams if they really wanted to.

Comment

Clearly you know very little about that level. My daughter is committed to a D1 school and all the girls who are committed with her belong to ECNL clubs all over the country. Every single one of them play High School.
                        There are a few ECNL players that opt out of HS but it's their choice, not by a mandate of any kind. But yes the vast majority play for their HS teams. And many will continue to do so once GDA starts up because they'll stick with the league that allows them to keep playing HS - ECNL.

Comment

Nothing personal but these girls shouldn't be playing HS Soccer. They should play other HS sports for the HS experience and give their bodies a chance to rest the areas they stress for most of the year in soccer while still staying active and playing a sport. How many studies have shown that focusing on one sport compared to multiple sports causes fatigue and overload on parts of the body specific to a particular sport. This in turn leads to injury (twice as often compared to multiple sport athletes).

If it's an ego thing "hey everyone, look how great I am . . . YEAAAYYYY!!!" then there's nothing to be done. But if it is just about staying active and playing with friends there are a LOT of different sports offered at the High School level. I would think a high level soccer athlete would have the athletic ability to make a number of different teams if they really wanted to.
                          Well then none of them should be doing GDA then by your account. GDA is a ten month soccer season, where it's all soccer all the time. Yes I agree cross training is very important physically and even sometimes emotionally. But there's another school of thought that playing one sport and one sport only is better for development (aka let's copy the rest of the world).

Comment

So you "ease-dropped" this whole thing? I think that says it all. This story belongs in the commode along with whatever else you "dropped" when nature called.
                            Research it yourself. Player is either on U16 or U17.

And if they didn't want me to hear, talk lower and away from the toilets. Not much I could do when dropping a deuce.

Comment

You are a stalker! You should be reported you creep!
                              Right. Taking a dump while two people are talking loud is stalking. D-bag.

Comment

Well then none of them should be doing GDA then by your account. GDA is a ten month soccer season, where it's all soccer all the time. Yes I agree cross training is very important physically and even sometimes emotionally. But there's another school of thought that playing one sport and one sport only is better for development (aka let's copy the rest of the world).
                                good point. playing hs soccer or lacrosse could hinder their higher level soccer development. How many club coaches say it takes half the year to correct the team of the bad habits they did playing high school. Only a few kids can make their high school varsity team and why not let the B level soccer players enjoy a chance to play high school and leave the elite playing GDA 10 months out of the year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X