X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are many committed coaches!

Comment

There are many yes that are committed but most have little idea how to structure the team. This is the biggest problem. The training lacks and play lacks creativity so it becomes kick ball and coach does not know how to end the cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        There are many yes that are committed but most have little idea how to structure the team. This is the biggest problem. The training lacks and play lacks creativity so it becomes kick ball and coach does not know how to end the cycle.
        Blame the CLUB 100% They allow it and take your $$$. You Ba$tards know who you are. F U

THE CLUB is the problem.

Comment

The parents are the problem! Entitlement is a feeling for most of you sick people. I don't baby my boy and never will

Comment

Maybe they find them the same place they get the moderators!

Comment

Maybe they find them the same place they get the moderators!
              Well played sir!

Comment

Sounds like someone's ****ty kid is sitting the bench....
                Come on this is not always the case. Some of you believe that any parent that is frustrated does not have a legitimate reason for feeling that way. I see this type of coaching with my own club and my kid plays the entire game by the way. We have a really good new player that joined our team this year from another state and the coach starts his buddy kid over this player and gives him a ton of playing time over the new player who is a superior player and it is not even close. His buddy's child is a brat and throws temper tantrums in almost every practice and very ineffective in games.

There is no use in complaining because it is a good old boy soccer club. The parent of our new player is frustrated and so am I and a few others. The best thing to do is move to a new club with less politics. Most of the really good players in this area that don't have connections with this club travel an hour or two away looking for a better situation and so will I after this season. I know there is no perfect situation but coaches should be fair, impartial and competent.

Comment

Come on this is not always the case. Some of you believe that any parent that is frustrated does not have a legitimate reason for feeling that way. I see this type of coaching with my own club and my kid plays the entire game by the way. We have a really good new player that joined our team this year from another state and the coach starts his buddy kid over this player and gives him a ton of playing time over the new player who is a superior player and it is not even close. His buddy's child is a brat and throws temper tantrums in almost every practice and very ineffective in games.

There is no use in complaining because it is a good old boy soccer club. The parent of our new player is frustrated and so am I and a few others. The best thing to do is move to a new club with less politics. Most of the really good players in this area that don't have connections with this club travel an hour or two away looking for a better situation and so will I after this season. I know there is no perfect situation but coaches should be fair, impartial and competent.
                  Yep, soccer has become way to political to allow for optimal development of each player. Unless it is some win the tournament at all costs scenario, then the coach needs to find a way to be more fair with playing time. On our kid's team there are players who see the field only five to ten minutes or even none. Our kid has been on both sides of the bench, on it and off. When kids are playing a full game they actually would like a break and to see their teammates get more playing time. The whole team develops, by developing as a whole team. Save the sitting the bench for an entire game for College soccer or DA soccer.

Comment

Sounds like someone's ****ty kid is sitting the bench....
                    That's half witty, but the truth is, even if your kid gets a lot of playing time, it can be frustrating watching talented players sit for no reason and cost the team wins. My kid, for example, plays keeper half the game and defense the other half, so basically never sits the bench. But the other keeper is inexperienced and makes mental mistakes that give up goals. My kid enjoys playing in the field, so that makes me happy, but the best thing for the team would be to keep my kid in goal the whole game no matter what they like. The coach doesn't do that because he wants everyone to get playing time and the other keeper isn't a good field player (and isn't a good keeper either).

Comment

That's half witty, but the truth is, even if your kid gets a lot of playing time, it can be frustrating watching talented players sit for no reason and cost the team wins. My kid, for example, plays keeper half the game and defense the other half, so basically never sits the bench. But the other keeper is inexperienced and makes mental mistakes that give up goals. My kid enjoys playing in the field, so that makes me happy, but the best thing for the team would be to keep my kid in goal the whole game no matter what they like. The coach doesn't do that because he wants everyone to get playing time and the other keeper isn't a good field player (and isn't a good keeper either).
                      The best thing for your team is to have two keepers at all times. If one gets injured, you need another. Therefore, the second best keeper has to get playing time to be prepared to take your kid's spot.

Comment

The best thing for your team is to have two keepers at all times. If one gets injured, you need another. Therefore, the second best keeper has to get playing time to be prepared to take your kid's spot.
                        Yet most teams don't do that.

Comment

The focus must come off of Winning. The FSPL rules do not help with development because coaches can not freely sub in and out. It's not like it is DA.

Comment

Why does the FSPL keep the rule if a player is subbed out in a half they can not come back in that half?

Comment

The focus must come off of Winning. .
                              Why? What exactly are girls this age being developed FOR? Most will never play college soccer at a high level school, the vast majority will never play again after HS. Why not play to win?

Comment

At our club we were given a crap coach that has no idea how coaching recruiting or how soccer has changed. Why is it then they ask a dumb daddy to help assist them. And their idea of a good team is the older they get no skill needed just play more physical. Our team is now going down hill fast and good kids ride the bench. Other teams having the same problem? Team was good but now?
                                Find the article on the developmental saboteur. Happens everywhere. Club just needs a babysitter. Crap coach takes money, does as little as possible. It is Rec soccer in fancy uniforms. They keep the con up until kids are old enough for the crap training to really show and the parents figure it out.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X