Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boca United DA does not give a crap about players !!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Im a Boca United parent. My child is not on a pre academy or an academy team. In the last few posts i realize the conversation has switched to Boca United's win lose record. These are kids and very young kids playing on the academy teams. I remind you that DA stands for development academy. The key word here being development. Too often I'm hearing parents put so much emphasis on winning rather than developing. I don't see how a teams win lose record can be used to evaluate a players development and i specifically say player development because its not about the team at this point. The whole idea behind the DA is to have the most talented players pooled together to train and play against each other in order to increase there chances of development. Now the other point behind the DA is to have all the clubs play the same style to create uniformity that will eventually benefit the national team. The style or system of play is a possession oriented style that builds from the back, starting with the goalkeeper. I personally have witnessed my childs youth team lose several games by 5-2, 6-1 and 3-2. Majority of the goals that we concede are from simply losing possession in the back and the other team has a clear path to goal with the goalkeeper. Does this make our opponent any better than us? As soon as our opponents goalkeeper gains possession of the ball he punts it down field, bypassing his back line players and midfield. Does this develop players or just forwards to chase the ball and try and score? Yes our team loses a ton of games but i am satisfied with my childs development. We have gone from losing 6-1 at U8 to losing games 5-2 at U9 to winning games at U10 3-2. The hardest area of any athletes game to develop is the brain. By putting the player in difficult situations that will cause them to think and at the same time reassuring them that it doesn't matter if they lose the game as long as they are trying to play the right way, it will build confidence and a player that can think his way out of difficult spots. Football is not a sport that a coach yells out play calls, its a game where every player has to think for themselves. So please do not look at a teams win lose record as evidence of a better program because at the same time, there are DA's who don't play from the back entirely and there are DA's who take advantage of the relevant age effect.
    I think this post contradicts itself. If all the teams in the DA are supposed to be playing the same style, why do you need to invoke kickball "win-now" tactics vs. risks of building from the back as an excuse for the poor DA record? In DA, according to you, all the teams playing the same way.

I have nothing to do with BU, and have no idea what the problem is, if there is one, but the notion that you are playing right for development versus others who are not is not it...

Here is an idea - dont make excuses, admit BU teams and players evidently have some work to do, do that work, bet better, and ignore the criticism on TS.

Comment

No club does - it's basically the almighty dollar they care about - how naive are you?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1927951]I think this post contradicts itself. If all the teams in the DA are supposed to be playing the same style, why do you need to invoke kickball "win-now" tactics vs. risks of building from the back as an excuse for the poor DA record? In DA, according to you, all the teams playing the same way.

I have nothing to do with BU, and have no idea what the problem is, if there is one, but the notion that you are playing right for development versus others who are not is not it...

Here is an idea - dont make excuses, admit BU teams and players evidently have some work to do, do that work, bet better, and ignore the criticism on TS.[/QUOTE

I am the Boca United Parent again. Unfortunately most clubs in the US are not developing youth players properly. One of the primary reason is due to soccer being a young and still developing sport in America. Lets face the fact that most coaches in the US aren't as qualified as we would hope. As the soccer culture continues to grow in the US, you will hopefully find players who play professionally across the world coming back to the US and giving back to the sport. The US is transitioning from a parent coach system to former college or semi professional player coaches who will go through more thorough certification courses to become a qualified coach. Lets face it, there are many coaches who put a heavy emphasis on winning and win at all means. A significant amount of teams we compete against play the numbers game and elect to punt the ball and use pure athleticism to win games. The punting strategy is brilliant if your into just winning, but can you use that strategy at the college level, semi pro, or professioal level. Then what are we teaching kids when all we do is enourage them to kick it up field, punt it, get it up field?

My point here is that the Pre Academy and Academy teams are made up of players who are from different clubs. These players all pretty much came from clubs with various playing styles. Now the playing from the back excuse that you spoke of is possibly due to the fact that some of these kids aren't entirely use to the concept of possession and building from the back. Also, as players get older, they get smarter, defensive tactics come into play and it becomes harder now to beat players as the opponents are now smarter, faster and stronger. There are many reasons why teams may lose games at a youth level, but it doesn't matter. A good coach won't lose sleep over a loss, because its about developing players for the future, not the present. Also consider the relative age effect as a reason why some teams may be winning games.

Comment

Boca United parent here again. Yes i will admit that Boca United does have catching up to do. Every single club in the US has work to do. I personally would love to see clubs put a heavier emphasis from U7 to U14 on technical development and put more emphasis on playing futsal. The soccer culture in the US also needs to be improved but that will take quite a few years.

Comment

Boca United parent here again. Yes i will admit that Boca United does have catching up to do. Every single club in the US has work to do. I personally would love to see clubs put a heavier emphasis from U7 to U14 on technical development and put more emphasis on playing futsal. The soccer culture in the US also needs to be improved but that will take quite a few years.
            Hey Boca United parent. Go to bed! It's past your bedtime. You are an idiot! You have no idea what will make players better. Obviously, since you are Boca United.

Comment

Hey Boca United parent. Go to bed! It's past your bedtime. You are an idiot! You have no idea what will make players better. Obviously, since you are Boca United.
              Thanks for the advice. I see your up also.

Comment

You should run for President!

Comment

You should run for President!
                  Im flattered but my ambitions aren't that high. If i were to run you could be my campaign manager. Your follow up skills are on point.

Comment

Im flattered but my ambitions aren't that high. If i were to run you could be my campaign manager. Your follow up skills are on point.

Your ambitions don't have to be high. Look at the two clunkers running for President!

Comment

Your ambitions don't have to be high. Look at the two clunkers running for President!
                      That i will agree with you on.

Comment

Boca cares about there players please and its money to them the statement is just not true !

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X