Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Try outs 4/1 - This is a new date right?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This rule was created because a well known President of a club whined to the FYSA powers that be that all the clubs around him had an unfair advantage because they held US Club memberships so he was losing out on all the good players.

Last time I checked, they had over 70 competitive teams - this was just a ploy to gain a bigger upper hand than they already have.

Remember the saying about the Golden Goose - they feed FYSA plenty of $$$, so in return things get slanted a little more in their favor.

It's not going to stop the "other clubs" from having tryouts if they hold US Club membership. Also, AYSO is talking about Competitive programs. If FYSA keeps messing with the clubs, they will find other places to play and still do the required minimum to maintain an FYSA charter in case they need to switch
    Unfortunately they think everybody is stupid.
    This was voted on by the entire membership of FYSA and it passed with an overwhelming majority . Even most of the big clubs that belong to both organizations voted for this change . In my area all of the big three clubs WFF TBU and Chargers were in favor and actually advocating for the change to April tryouts .

Comment

This was voted on by the entire membership of FYSA and it passed with an overwhelming majority . Even most of the big clubs that belong to both organizations voted for this change . In my area all of the big three clubs WFF TBU and Chargers were in favor and actually advocating for the change to April tryouts .
      That wasn't what the post said - I know it was voted on by everybody. I was there. What I said was how comical it was the way it was presented with the, "Woe is me" attitude.

I think it is fine whatever the date.

Comment

This rule was created because a well known President of a club whined to the FYSA powers that be that all the clubs around him had an unfair advantage because they held US Club memberships so he was losing out on all the good players.

Last time I checked, they had over 70 competitive teams - this was just a ploy to gain a bigger upper hand than they already have.

Remember the saying about the Golden Goose - they feed FYSA plenty of $$$, so in return things get slanted a little more in their favor.

It's not going to stop the "other clubs" from having tryouts if they hold US Club membership. Also, AYSO is talking about Competitive programs. If FYSA keeps messing with the clubs, they will find other places to play and still do the required minimum to maintain an FYSA charter in case they need to switch gears.

Unfortunately they think everybody is stupid.
        Sounds like Rush was crying

Comment

I don't see how moving the date to 4/1 helps. I am sure US Club will move the tryouts to the last week in March.

Comment

I don't see how moving the date to 4/1 helps. I am sure US Club will move the tryouts to the last week in March.
            Then FYSA will move to Feb 1

Comment

Then FYSA will move to Feb 1
              the race to nowhere

Comment

US Club has no "specified date" for tryouts - they can hold them anytime.

Comment

True, that's how they get around to skirting poaching rules, although no one follows those either!

Comment

Clubs under US Youth Soccer can take on players at anytime too.

Comment

Sounds like Rush was crying
                      No Rush was crying last Tuesday when they realized how bad their 03 team was.

Comment

the race to nowhere
                        We should just go to continuous tryouts year round. That would solve the problem.

Comment

No Rush was crying last Tuesday when they realized how bad their 03 team was.
                          The 2003 girls team was good last year and not so good this year!

Comment

It's all relative

Comment

It's all relative
                              Everyone got mixed up to a certain degree. How well they weathered the changes will become more apparent as time goes on.

Comment

What team have you been watching - this team is excellent! Not sure where your info came from.

They can beat any "decent" team around them - OCYS, GPS, CFC Academy

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X