Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Completely agree with you that we can do all these things as Americans. I don't agree with how they (all kneeling athletes) are doing it.
    The flag and the national anthem are signs of respect. Respect for our founding fathers, respect for our war heros, respect for our nation, respect for all the things that we have that we didn't fight for. These kneeling people look more like spoiled babies. If you want to make change, do something about it. Start a national group or a protest or a speaking engagements/education sessions. These people are using the least amount of effort to get attention and they are doing it in a disrespecting way.
    When I stand for the national anthem, it isn't because I love everything that is going on with our government. I stand to show respect for all that I have and all the people that died for me to have it.
    Now there is a singer taking a knee while she sings the national anthem while wearing a black lives matter shirt at a NBA game. ***?

Comment

Rapinoe and others are speaking up against what they see are injustices in today's society. They want something better for our country. They can speak up and sit down because our laws allow them to do so. Whether or not it violates their individual contracts with their employers is a different matter. If they are allowed to then they are allowed to, even if you don't agree with it.

As for the more relevant topic - do you really think those foreign/supposed "national" players are dedicated at all to this country?
      Social issues and injustices aside, stand the **** up and show pride and appreciation for your country, and be glad that you aren't a second class citizen wearing a burka somewhere where the coldest temp is 110 degrees, and you have to walk 1000 miles to get water.

Comment

You need talented coaches to find talented players...Unfortunately America is lacking big time in both of them...
        It's the parents fault

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X