X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’ve done my research in real time.
    You live looking into the past, I choose to live looking into the future. Not making any projections about what Cornell may do, in fact I doubt they will sniff the top half of their league anytime soon.

I was just rebutting your "EVER" comment that no needs based school can make a big jump in two years. I think you're wrong.

Comment

You live looking into the past, I choose to live looking into the future. Not making any projections about what Cornell may do, in fact I doubt they will sniff the top half of their league anytime soon.

I was just rebutting your "EVER" comment that no needs based school can make a big jump in two years. I think you're wrong.
      My past and present experience keeps me rooted in reality . Your speculation and faith keeps you in FANTASY LAND.
      Nevuh
      Gunna
      Happun
      Bro

Comment

Look at Mallory Pugh - walked away from a full ride to play at UCLA to play pro. Just got cut from the NT team for the Olympics. She's still young and may get back on the roster, but i have to believe she's second guessing that choice
        At the time, many knew Pugh was making a giant mistake-not just because of the degree-she just didn't look ready. Her first few games, she looked like a little kid playing with her big sister and sister's friends.
        USSF thought she would become the "face" of the future, even Neutrogena bought in and used her in their ad campaigns trying to target young athletes. Well all that fizzled fast as Rose LaVelle has replaced her as the new face of the future and Katie Lou from UConn Bball fame has replaced her at Neutrogena!

Comment

At the time, many knew Pugh was making a giant mistake-not just because of the degree-she just didn't look ready. Her first few games, she looked like a little kid playing with her big sister and sister's friends.
          USSF thought she would become the "face" of the future, even Neutrogena bought in and used her in their ad campaigns trying to target young athletes. Well all that fizzled fast as Rose LaVelle has replaced her as the new face of the future and Katie Lou from UConn Bball fame has replaced her at Neutrogena!
          Or what about the 14 year old player (forget her name) that "went pro" but she trains practically 24/7, is home schooled and her parents shamelessly promote her on social media all the time. Sure she's good but easily can plateau as she gets older. Had a full ride offer to UNC she walked away from when she took $ from Nike. That's real insanity. Pugh may or may not work out in the end. She has had injuries.

Comment

Or what about the 14 year old player (forget her name) that "went pro" but she trains practically 24/7, is home schooled and her parents shamelessly promote her on social media all the time. Sure she's good but easily can plateau as she gets older. Had a full ride offer to UNC she walked away from when she took $ from Nike. That's real insanity. Pugh may or may not work out in the end. She has had injuries.
            I heard of her. Who is it?
            Btw I love Lavelle but she is injury prone and rarely match fit. Rethink that one.

Comment

I heard of her. Who is it?
              Btw I love Lavelle but she is injury prone and rarely match fit. Rethink that one.
              Olivia M. Already yesterdays news. Averaging out at Portland.

Comment

Olivia M. Already yesterdays news. Averaging out at Portland.
                She's playing 3 age groups up as a U15 playing on a U18/U19 team, and has 8 goals in 8 games. Not sure how that is considered "averaging out". Seems to still be well above average in comparison to players her age.

Comment

She's playing 3 age groups up as a U15 playing on a U18/U19 team, and has 8 goals in 8 games. Not sure how that is considered "averaging out". Seems to still be well above average in comparison to players her age.
                  Not really. She stands out amongst her own age group but not by miles. For as much as she trains it should be more. Her family moved her from SoCal to where she would stand out more, a weaker NW DA region. Others can catch up and even pass her; remains to be seen if she can stay ahead of the pack. .

Comment

Why is Cornell waiting so long to make a hire?

Comment

Why is Cornell waiting so long to make a hire?
                      Top Choice(s) likely waiting to hear news from Penn. They should fall like dominoes pretty soon.

Comment

But against who?

Comment

Cornell is promoting the asst coach to head coach

Comment

Another 4 years of the same

Comment

Seems like they just don’t care

Comment

Seems like they just don’t care
                                I admit I have no knowledge about the past or current soccer coaches at Cornell but a quick take is that is great for the assistant coach and I would think they would care and be fully vested in the opportunity. As far as 4 years of the same, pretty sure it is not a 4-year term so it will depend on how good of a coach/recruiter they are.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X