X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DA player punching an opponent in the face

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Meh, I've seen defenders grab some junk, give a wet willy, blow in someone's ear, step on their foot, you name it.

Suck it up folks. Player got every right to punch him back, but it's always the reaction that gets you caught. Ask Zidane.
    i agree. sh_t like this happens at all levels...let the referee do what he needs to do and move on....to many snowflakes (with there pathetic bs feelings) is not making things any better.

Comment

i agree. sh_t like this happens at all levels...let the referee do what he needs to do and move on....to many snowflakes (with there pathetic bs feelings) is not making things any better.
      What I don't understand, and maybe I am not expressing myself clearly enough is: yes, things happen on a pitch, but sometimes they are dumb and either illegal under the rules or applicable law, but why is it so hard for you to simply call out those actions out as stupid moves or something that was wrong to do?

My posts weren't directed at the kid or his actions, they were directed at you (and your sidekick). Is it really that hard to say something is wrong?

Comment

What I don't understand, and maybe I am not expressing myself clearly enough is: yes, things happen on a pitch, but sometimes they are dumb and either illegal under the rules or applicable law, but why is it so hard for you to simply call out those actions out as stupid moves or something that was wrong to do?

My posts weren't directed at the kid or his actions, they were directed at you (and your sidekick). Is it really that hard to say something is wrong?
        Define "wrong"? Morally? Legally? Sportingly? All of the above? None? Something else?

Players will do all kinds of things in all sports to get into an opposition head. Only the weak let them.

Comment

To be clear, and we need to be clear in this anonymous story for sure, there was no junk grabbing of any sort, especially if junk grabbing means an intentional hand grabbing someone’s privates. That’s just ridiculous and would have created a much different response

Comment

Define "wrong"? Morally? Legally? Sportingly? All of the above? None? Something else?

Players will do all kinds of things in all sports to get into an opposition head. Only the weak let them.
            I'll give you an example: My daughter will often give a hard foul to her mark early in a game. Not necessarily dirty (lays off the knees and ankles), but a message is sent. "It's not going to be easy for you today."

And, no, I never taught her that...

Could be a little forearm in the small of her back. Maybe a hard shoulder on a 50-50. Not dirty, but more often then not it's a foul. Even better when it happens on the side where the parents are so they get wound up and spend half the game yelling at her over it.

Is this wrong?

(And, she will always go up to the player after the game and ensure it's all good, nice game, etc etc)

Comment

What is wrong is your futile attempt to start a dumb_ss thread to try a justify your own pathetic existence.

Comment

What is wrong is your futile attempt to start a dumb_ss thread to try a justify your own pathetic existence.

Wasn't me.

But that particular insult strikes a chord.

Do you really want to have beg me again to stop trolling you?

I am only commenting on people stating that the described actions are normal or acceptable or an example of good game planning. I disagree.

Comment

Wasn't me.

But that particular insult strikes a chord.

Do you really want to have beg me again to stop trolling you?

I am only commenting on people stating that the described actions are normal or acceptable or an example of good game planning. I disagree.
                  like i said...you are pathetic and this dumb_ss thread is dead after today...no one else will engage in a stupid conversation with you....good bye.

Comment

like i said...you are pathetic and this dumb_ss thread is dead after today...no one else will engage in a stupid conversation with you....good bye.
                    Hey, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to tell me that you won't engage in a conversation with me (in record time no less). Was the response an attempt at irony? Well played.

In any event, thank you for bowing out the thread; if anyone does have something to say about the actions described, other than worn out insults, happy to read and respond. If not, that is fine too.

Comment

We are not at some sports panel, discussing generalities, we are on an anonymous thread, where a specific claim about field conduct was made. Was that on-field conduct wrong our right in your opinion? A simple question.

This is everybody gets a trophy mentality taken to extremes. No one does anything wrong on the field anymore, let just try to understand the motivation for the behavior, excuse it and move on.

Comment

Someone should call the HallMark Channel, cause this is the gayest thread, ever..

Comment

Someone should call the HallMark Channel, cause this is the gayest thread, ever..
                          You’re actually dumb. Hallmarks bans “gay” themed commercials. Horrible comment. You must go through life baffled by the simplicity of common language.

Comment

You’re actually dumb. Hallmarks bans “gay” themed commercials. Horrible comment. You must go through life baffled by the simplicity of common language.
                            Actually Hallmark reversed the decision after intense backlash from the LGBTQ community, who are a big part of their Christmas movie demographic. SNL even made a biting joke about it

Comment

We are not at some sports panel, discussing generalities, we are on an anonymous thread, where a specific claim about field conduct was made. Was that on-field conduct wrong our right in your opinion? A simple question.

This is everybody gets a trophy mentality taken to extremes. No one does anything wrong on the field anymore, let just try to understand the motivation for the behavior, excuse it and move on.
                              Someone needs a hug.

Comment

If you ain't cheating you ain't trying .... Only wrong if you get caught. Sorry, it's a competitive sport. If you are just here for your kid to play in front of coaches she and you will never get that. I had to have my kids coach at u11 tell her to knock of the brutalization of kids on 50/50s ( I told her a million times to knock it off but kids never listen to their parents! 😀).. She just wanted the ball more than everyone else and put her blinders on to go and get it. He laughed at me and reluctantly gave her a quick lecture for my benefit. It didn't help for long.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X