Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWU Women’s Soccer headed to the NCAA D2 National Championship

Congrats to the lady Vikings! Bring home the Championship trophy!

They lost to Grand Valley 1-0 in double OT (golden goal situation). I caught the last 20 minutes of the 2nd half and the OT periods. Western Wash dominated possession 80-20 and maybe more. GVSU took to kickingvlong balls to releave pressure. But GVSU also has good defenders and really an excellent center defender who won everything in the air in front of the GV net - which was a lot in the time I watched.

GV scored on a scrum in front of WW’s net. In one of their handful of opportunities into WW’s end of the field GV got a free kick from maybe 40 yards out. They launched it into the box and after it was knocked around the ball bounced sideways practically onto the foot of a GV player who knocked it in from maybe 2 yards out.

Big lesson learned I hope is that ncaa can’t hold these in cold weather venues. Pittsburgh in December? It could not have been over 30 with a freezing drizzle falling for most of the game.

Comment

i am tired of WOMEN soccer here. All topics about girls.....

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        They lost to Grand Valley 1-0 in double OT (golden goal situation). I caught the last 20 minutes of the 2nd half and the OT periods. Western Wash dominated possession 80-20 and maybe more. GVSU took to kickingvlong balls to releave pressure. But GVSU also has good defenders and really an excellent center defender who won everything in the air in front of the GV net - which was a lot in the time I watched.

GV scored on a scrum in front of WW’s net. In one of their handful of opportunities into WW’s end of the field GV got a free kick from maybe 40 yards out. They launched it into the box and after it was knocked around the ball bounced sideways practically onto the foot of a GV player who knocked it in from maybe 2 yards out.

Big lesson learned I hope is that ncaa can’t hold these in cold weather venues. Pittsburgh in December? It could not have been over 30 with a freezing drizzle falling for most of the game.
        How are venues chosen?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          i am tired of WOMEN soccer here. All topics about girls.....
          Poor baby. You know anyone can start a thread, right? If you want to talk about manly men's soccer, start the discussion...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X