X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Financial leverage as kompromat

Imagine if you will, a U.S. president who:

1. Borrows billions of dollars from foreign oligarchs to fund his real estate deals, because U.S. lenders are no longer willing to loan him money
    2. Sees the value of those real estate holdings decline in value, to the point where they are worth less than the outstanding loans
    3. Knows the oligarchs have the power to call those loans at any time, which would force him into a very public and very embarrassing bankruptcy

How might that president behave towards those oligarchs?

Don't forget the nation of Saudi Arabia. Both he and Jared owe SA as well. For his legitimate loans, every time the Fed cuts rates he saves tens of millions.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Don't forget the nation of Saudi Arabia. Both he and Jared owe SA as well. For his legitimate loans, every time the Fed cuts rates he saves tens of millions.
      And Qatar

Comment

He might lift sanctions on those oligarchs, a move which is a huge gift to them but has no discernible benefit to the U.S.:
        https://fortune.com/2019/01/28/trump...ripaska-putin/
        https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8692001.html

Comment

This thread is why REAL Americans laugh at libatrds.

Comment

This thread is why REAL Americans laugh at libatrds.
            I would welcome an intelligent debate on this subject, but all I have so far is a brainwashed low IQ drone who can't even spell his insults correctly.

Comment

I would welcome an intelligent debate on this subject, but all I have so far is a brainwashed low IQ drone who can't even spell his insults correctly.
              Isn't that a depressing aspect of the hyper-partisanship today? Conservatives who used to participate in principled and rational policy discussions either don't exist anymore or have been run to ground.

Comment

Never underestimate the ignorance and sheer stupidity of the average Trump supporter.

Comment

Isn't that a depressing aspect of the hyper-partisanship today? Conservatives who used to participate in principled and rational policy discussions either don't exist anymore or have been run to ground.
                  They used to be the party of law and order and fiscal conservatism too. That's all gone, all to service Don the Con.

Comment

Never underestimate the ignorance and sheer stupidity of the average Trump supporter.
                    Not all of them are ignorant and stupid. In fact I know quite a few that are very smart. But when they have no facts on which to debate, they have to go for name calling, distractions and whataboutisms. It's official GOP playbook material now.

Comment

Not all of them are ignorant and stupid. In fact I know quite a few that are very smart.
                      This is true. Unfortunately, the ones I know who are very smart are either exceptionally greedy and/or not offended by racism & misogyny. i.e. broken moral compass if they ever had one at all.

Comment

Not all of them are ignorant and stupid. In fact I know quite a few that are very smart. But when they have no facts on which to debate, they have to go for name calling, distractions and whataboutisms. It's official GOP playbook material now.
                        DNC playbook: Here is a list of the nearly 20 things that libtards wanted Trump impeached for. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch more. How is it the House is controlled by the Dems yet they can't get this guy removed? How incompetent are they? For 3 years this has been the only thing the Dems have been focusing on and he's still the POTUS. Since the Ukrainian Whistleblower has disappeared, the Ukraine quid pro quo had changed 4 more times from obstruction to bribery to witness tampering to witness intimidation. All based on focused group feedback BTW. LOL! Since this investigation will be another nothing burger, its obvious that the Dems are already setting up their next move by revisiting the Mueller investigation. Congrats, libtards! These are the best of the best democrats working for you!

Russian spy
                        Compromised Russian agent
                        Russia Interference in 2016
                        Obstruction
                        Weather Forecast Models
                        Stormy
                        Epstein
                        Taxes
                        Michael Cohen
                        Mueller report
                        Crowd sizes
                        Quid Pro Quo
                        Bribery
                        Witness tampering
                        Witness intimidation
                        Accusations of Neo-Nazi associations
                        Possible violations of the Foreign Emoluments Clause

Comment

Imagine if you will, a U.S. president who:

1. Borrows billions of dollars from foreign oligarchs to fund his real estate deals, because U.S. lenders are no longer willing to loan him money
                          2. Sees the value of those real estate holdings decline in value, to the point where they are worth less than the outstanding loans
                          3. Knows the oligarchs have the power to call those loans at any time, which would force him into a very public and very embarrassing bankruptcy

Donald wanted Russian business so bad, and he's stupid, that it's hard to believe there is not a lot of compromising arrangements and video.

"You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait."

Be best little Donnie.

Comment

This is true. Unfortunately, the ones I know who are very smart are either exceptionally greedy and/or not offended by racism & misogyny. i.e. broken moral compass if they ever had one at all.
                            yes that I totally agree with.

Comment

Russian spy (more like useful idiot, personally I don't believe he's a willing agent)
                              Compromised Russian agent (you're repeating yourself but I do think the Russians have financial info on him)
                              Russia Interference in 2016 (been proven multiple times by US and international intel agencies. If you refuse to believe the experts there's no hope for you)
                              Obstruction (telling aides to disobey legal subpoenas is obstruction)
                              Weather Forecast Models (incredibly stupid, especially his pattern of tripling down when he was been proven wrong, but not impeachable)
                              Stormy (Illegal use of campaign funds illegal but I'll let it slide. It does show lack of any moral character, and raw dogging is very poor judgement)
                              Epstein (his death conveniently eliminated that investigation. Was it really "suicide"?)
                              Taxes (not only lied to voters and defied 40 years of political norms, but he has defied a congressional LAW to provide them. Went begging to SCOTUS to try and stop it)
                              Michael Cohen (caught, in jail. Next)
                              Mueller report (did not exonerate him)
                              Crowd sizes (see Weather above)
                              Quid Pro Quo*
                              Bribery*
                              Witness tampering* (*the last three are different hames for essentially same thing - he withheld Congressionally approved, tax payer funded aid to Ukraine in exchange for dirt on a political opponent. It served no purpose to the US only to himself).
                              Witness intimidation (Definitely did last week, not only for Yovanovitch moving forward but other witnesses as well. At least two from his inner circle have been convicted of it as well. Rudy may face charges also)
                              Accusations of Neo-Nazi associations (he's not a card carrying member but happily plays up hatred, racims and xenophobia to stoke that part of his base)
                              Possible violations of the Foreign Emoluments Clause (most likely, two cases winding their way through the courts and possible future ones as well)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X